Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Consortium: The Tower - now available on Early Access

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fig: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/consortium-the-tower
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idgi/consortium-the-tower

http://thetowergame.com

ed2b2626b268d78ddeded1086fee100b_original.png

3db9e5357aad1d51a93a4f43b5929404_original.png

The experience of The Tower is one of absolute freedom of movement, speech and action, within a single-location, sandbox environment. There will be no cut scenes, and full control will never be taken away for “gamey” reasons. Immersion is absolutely paramount, and to that end the world within the Tower will feel realistically alive and reactive to however you choose to approach each and every situation.

A branching, “waterfall” narrative and dialogue system should appeal to those looking for a truly replayable experience, and will ensure that your decisions are plentiful without feeling cheap or obvious.

e292ff0270be180094303998e7023c45_original.gif

Diplomacy is a key way of traversing the narrative. Choose to speak anytime and anywhere with the push of a button. While rather difficult, you will be able to play through the entire experience without raising your weapon. Trick, bribe, scare, hire, or simply convince potential combatants to disarm, all while developing relationships with your crew, other Consortium officers, the London Police, and any other characters you meet throughout the experience.

855746983adaafe67c8a212208c6749b_original.gif

The Bishop’s arsenal of customizable, futuristic gadgetry gives him immense freedom of movement. Run faster, jump higher, glide through the air, breathe underwater, and fall from great heights, all while exploring every nook and cranny of the Tower.

0f19c32dd43f94fddea886db58fc6262_original.gif

The Bishop can also utilize highly experimental, potentially dangerous stealth technology, such as invisibility and sound dampening.

45486413f37d2faa475102c8a3fc6fab_original.gif

Find yourself in the middle of intense firefights, and choose to either kill or incapacitate all those in your way. The Consortium officers working with you will praise you for using non-lethal means, but will react with increasing alarm should you too often resort to murderous violence. There may also be other factions interested in aiding you through the Tower, should the Consortium turn its back on you.

663456464dccc871afdc5fd67fc7e77a_original.gif

As with CONSORTIUM before it, many events within The Tower will play out regardless of your interaction with them, creating an environment cultivated for immersion and replayability. Your chosen actions (and inactions) within this environment will cause ripples, dramatically impacting the unfolding narrative in major ways.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think this deserves a proper news and its own topic. This game will be massive :incline:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The 1st game was flawed but a very interesting game. I second this 2nd episode having its own thread. aaaand codex fundraising

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Don't see this succeeding really, the 1st one was cute but very short and amateurish.

ArchAngel

Arcane
This game will be more RPG than that Dragon Dogma shit and that gets news coverage

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah the multiple approach is looking pretty damn good. Heck, it is looking to be more of a DX game than DXHR was.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The first game didn't interest me very much but I like the look of this. Cool stuff. Good shit!!

ArchAngel

Arcane
The first game didn't interest me very much but I like the look of this. Cool stuff. Good shit!!
How about you get Infinitron to make a news post about it? :) :)
Also someone could make a new topic for the next game and move stuff from this one that is about that and not first game.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Will The Tower be longer than Consortium?

One of the most common complaints leveled against Consortium was that it had a fairly short average playtime. So the answer to this question is a giant, resounding yes! We are aiming for at least double the average playtime when compared to Consortium. With a much larger-scale environment to play with and more involved story beats, we want to make sure that everyone walks away from each and every playthrough feeling completely satisfied.

That's a very subtle way of saying "this will be a 6 to 8 hour game".

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Also someone could make a new topic for the next game and move stuff from this one that is about that and not first game.
If only you would have asked me to write a news post about it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If only you would have asked me to write a news post about it.
Do you want to write a news post about it? :)

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I wonder why they chose to go the multiplatform route with this one. Does the sequel to a game that sold 50k copies (with the help of a $1.49 discount price and at least three bundles) really need to be on the Xbone? Have ports become extremely cheap nowadays, or do they expect to significantly expand their audience?

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Might as well just wait for the inevitable re-release and merging of all three games into one. Probably around 2020, renamed as The Complete Consortium, a full 24hr experience!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Might as well just wait for the inevitable re-release and merging of all three games into one. Probably around 2020, renamed as The Complete Consortium, a full 24hr experience!
They said they expect this game to be 4x to 6x longer.
It is not like DX1 was very long game (or any shooter).

ArchAngel

Arcane

ArchAngel

Arcane

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow, I finally watched the preview video for The Tower. Shit dude, yes I backed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom