Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Consortium - a Sci-Fi FPS ADVENTURE - remaster coming Q2 2024

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Next patch will come in late Jan and invalidate all save games. Main priority is general game balance based on player feedback.

After that, main priorities are Oculus Rift and Steam Controller support + Spanish localization.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
What's wrong with the people? Those who said that game is ugly?
The fuck. Some indie shit with vormited pixels is cool but something better is immidietly signed as "ugly".

Also - main composer is Jeremy Soul?
Wat

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Hm.

ei2UZk2.png

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Should spend moniez on polishing, like every AAA title is* instead of wasting dosh on Jerry's comeback.

*they launch, at least.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
CONSORTIUM Status Update
9 January - Interdimensional Games
We deeply apologize to those of you who found yourself engrossed in the game, only to be thrown out of it due to a crash or other game breaking issue. Firstly, this is inexcusable and we will be working around the clock to clear out all of these major game breaking bugs.

The truth is that we honestly felt the game was ready, and in hindsight didn't realize or anticipate the full range of systems we've not even remotely tested on and how many frankly strange performance issues folks are having on really solid machines. Our experimental renderer is largely the culprit for many of the crashes and slowdowns being experienced, and was something we were honestly worried about though we did not expect such a rash of issues tied to it after seeing it run smoothly on a number of different setups. Without the renderer the game would look far more static and much of the atmosphere in key scenes would be lost.

Performance issues aside for a moment, the whole game is one logic check after another and it’s a FACT we should have been smarter and realized we needed far more people playing the game and all its “paths,” before we could call it finished. Even our limited Beta testing through Kickstarter (which was our “closed beta”) resulted in only a handful of people willing to test with us (quite literally under 20 people) BUT this we understood because it’s a heavy story driven game! Who wants to be spoiled in a story driven game by a Beta build?! So we forged on and for months beat on the game until it ran well and smooth on all of OUR machines.

In the end, our confidence in the game being bug free was misplaced. While we truly *hoped* that the version we launched yesterday was going to hold up against the onslaught of thousands of players around the world playing it with their own play style AND their own unique system configurations, it was clearly an unrealistic hope.

So again, everyone, our direct and sincere apologies is all we can offer you at this point, until we can finally offer you the complete game you should have gotten in the first place. For those of you who have bought our game, THANK-YOU! We stand by CONSORTIUM and are 100% dedicated to fixing it ASAP.

As an indie developer launching our first game with no publisher, your support is appreciated more than you can know. We hope that you will be able to wait just a few more weeks before diving in, to help ensure that you will encounter no game breakers and have the CONSORTIUM experience as we intended it.

THE PLAN

We will be working towards releasing a patch to v1.1 on January 31st to FIX all issues that have been found. In the meantime, we will be starting a new forum thread entitled "CONSORTIUM v1.1 Patch Progress". Watch for it tonight, and watch for daily posts with the fixes that have been made.

Because of how the Source engine works, we are worried about releasing daily updates for everyone as it would likely mean that your save games would be invalidated. The save games rely upon the levels being unchanged...if the levels change (which they will have to, in order for us to fix these bugs) then the save games must change as well.

SO: Watch for an update on the game next week to fix all the major game stopping bugs. This update WILL wipe out save games, but the game should have a huge chunk of the bugs fixed.

However, if you wish to play the absolute current version of the game as we are making these changes daily and are OK with losing save games, you can opt into syncing your game with the absolute latest version. Details for this will be available later today.

It is important to note, however, that if you DID complete a play-through of CONSORTIUM without encountering game stopping bugs, a save game WILL be created that is forever usable to import into the second game.

Sincerely,

-The CONSORTIUM and iDGi team

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
By the way, the villain of this game is
the son of Osama bin Laden.
A brave and thought provoking choice - I hope it gets the media and awards attention it deserves.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just read the game is only 3 - 4 hours long. That's a bit of a letdown, I was hoping for a bit more since I can't imagine an RPG being that short, but well. I'll wait and see if they manage to fix the bugs and will probably buy it at a -50% Discount.

nil

Cipher
a save game WILL be created that is forever usable to import into the second game.
Two years from now:

"CONSORTIUM 2 v1.01 notes:
-Save games will no longer get deleted when trying to import them."

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I just read the game is only 3 - 4 hours long. That's a bit of a letdown, I was hoping for a bit more since I can't imagine an RPG being that short, but well. I'll wait and see if they manage to fix the bugs and will probably buy it at a -50% Discount.

The game is 90% story and dialogue, and voice overs cost money.

IT BEGINS

http://steamcommunity.com/app/264240/discussions/0/630802344183252780/

Which I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I find it offensive, and uncalled for, I really think you should change that part of the story, it's not right, people died, real people died, and it's just uncalled for, using this individual. How dare you disrespect their memories. I think anyone, who had families die during that event, or like myself who is a military service vet, will be deeply offended. I truly hope that you do a little bit of rewriting, and part of me is surprised valve allowed the game, to be released on it's format with this villain.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I like that no one has a problem with Hitler being a bad guy in a video game, but this is a problem.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
First patch:

- Removed lighting editor key command (which was causing the lighting editor to come up when trying to take a screenshot on the steam version)
- Fixed crash related to removing welders from the pawns hands
- Fixed crash related to unbound keyboard keys being sent to the flash UI
- Fixed crash around king conversation ( chair related )
- Game end will now write a “game finished” save file which will be usable to restore progress in CONSORTIUM 2.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It's getting daily beta patches, apparently:

MAJOR FIXES
  • Fixed case where the number of incapacitated fighters was reported as 100% when it really wasn’t.
  • Coming out of the VT, the door will now be closed after coming out of the VT, also fixed collision issue with not being able to shoot the traitor.
  • Fixed some players getting stuck in the medical bay on Pawn24
  • Fixed fighters looking messed up before the boarding or surrender threads
  • Fixed two Kirils showing up and breaking things badly if starting a fight with the mercs in the surrender thread
  • Fixed Hangar bay floor collision issues happening when fighting the mercs
  • Fixed it so that it's impossible for the virus hunt mission to still partially be active after it's shut down
  • Fixed energy charging station disabling/enabling logic from being able to trigger AFTER the traitor has been dealt with.
  • Fixed Pawn 12 stopping by the MedBay door and never moving again, blocking player.
  • Fixed being locked out of B8's cabin after the traitor situation
  • Fixed bug where Zenlil could get attacked and explode while K15 is delivering a speech.
  • Fixed it so that a large R25 conversation will properly disable K15 asking player to come talk with the Queen while it's ongoing.
  • Fixed player weapons breaking after waking up from the second dream sequence.

MINOR FIXES

• Fixed weapon control doors not being open when player disengages from controls
  • Fixed it so that when Wade comes back to the cockpit after being saved, he goes right into his chair
  • Pawn 1 will face the correct direction in the med bay now, before getting into the med bed.
  • Fixed traitor not pointing weapon at player

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
played it a bit and it's buggy and overpriced but somewhat interesting. also not rpg at all.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Stopped reading at BinLaden, and not putting this in spoiler tags because seriously what the fuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom