Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Consortium - a Sci-Fi FPS ADVENTURE - remaster coming Q2 2024

LordDenton

Augur
Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idgi/consortium-0

http://consortium-game.com

Just being a shill and spreading the word here. These guys failed to reach their goal the first time around, but have relaunched the campaign with a lower goal. It's PC exclusive for now, and DRM free.

CONSORTIUM is a first-person story and character-based role-playing shooter set in an interactive world defined by your choices. Rather than endlessly exploring a huge, expansive and ultimately static world, you’ll find yourself within a dynamic, bustling, interactive and alive micro-environment:the Consortium Command Vessel, C-3800-D ZENLIL

The crew of Zenlil live their lives and do their jobs throughout the ship, reacting to your presence and actions where appropriate. Freely walk among them and speak to everyone you encounter, experience what it’s like to be a part of something much bigger and brighter than anything you could imagine – and then choose to help ensure it stays that way or work to tear it apart!

The cartoony graphics look kinda like shit, but they're acceptable IMHO.

JTTxrRo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
There are so many things wrong with this from a cRPG perspective, I don't even know where to begin....

It's........................ interesting I guess.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Happy they restart it. Looks bit better than original pitch. I guess I will chip in for 10 bucks as I did it with the first one.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Is this the Choose your own adventure one? If so, it looked interesting but it wasn't an RPG in any meaningful way.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think they made the faces look worse than their last video somehow.

I really like this project in theory, but there is just something about it that tells me their ambition exceeds their talent.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/19/impressions-consortium/#more-146380

There's a RPS preview kinda thingie. It actually sounds rather interesting with the journalist actually comparing it to The Last Express. One of my all-time favourite games. Lots of interactivity and characters genuinly reacting to you and so forth. Not to mention a lot of talk about the fourth wall. Sounds very ambitious.

Oh well, I'll drop them a tenner. I like offbeat stuff like this. Nice to see a little ambition and creativity returning to game development. Perhaps worthy of a newspost btw? It really has all the hallmarks of an rpg. Calling Crooked Bee and Infinitron

LordDenton

Augur
New video and update:

To start them off, here is a video that is in a similar style to the main pitch video, where we show of a little bit about the "living and breathing open world" nature of the CONSORTIUM experience

That video looks fucking amazing to me. Looks like they are catering to people like me who love being immersing into the game world, and try not to see the experience as a "game".

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I don't really like this "4th wall" when there is no pc, just a player... seems kinda like Creatures and other tamagotchi games, albeit with a plot where you stalk some dudes on a spaceship interdimensionally. o_O

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I pledged(at basic level) as the premise seems great and even half successful should make for a great game. As for the '4th wall' thing, well what's the problem? It's just a plot device to sell the idea that the 'player' is actively directing the scene with his actions and sees everything as a representation on his own computer(a kind of nod and wink to what the player experiences anyway though in this case it also half jokingly explains the simple graphics). It's just the same as Lord British saying that YOU are the AVATAR in most Ultima games where the player is 'sucked' into Britannia through their own computer. That's 4th wall stuff right there.

Having mentioned the 'simple' graphics, they reminded me so much of the System Shock 2 artstyle and that's another plus.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Sounds interesting. I backed it during the campaign, and waiting for the release. It was postponed from Monday to sometime this week (or possibly next) due to some bugs. Quiet Kickstarter that may turn out all right.

Severian Silk

Sounds pretty cool. I hope there is more coverage of it here in the News section.

It's here.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/264240/

Game One of the iDGi-1 Trilogy.

Taking place entirely aboard a massive futuristic aircraft, CONSORTIUM is a first person science-fiction role-playing experience unlike any other. The story begins in our world - the "real world" - where we here at Interdimensional Games have developed a satellite (iDGi-1) capable of opening a digital rift through time and space...

Anyone with an internet connection can travel through this rift and awaken within an alternate dimension from our own - the "game world" - in the year 2042.

• Considered the first of three planned games, each containing their own fully resolvable story arcs but linked by the concept and a much larger design to the story and its countless mysteries.
  • Immerse yourself into the complete interactive story of what happens aboard the C-3800-D "ZENLIL" Consortium Command vessel on December 21st, 2042...
  • Built with a modified version of the SOURCE engine, explore ZENLIL, a living and highly interactive environment with complete freedom and agency. Includes turbulence and non-scripted decompression events!
  • Engage with a cast of over 20 people with an innovative and life like conversation system with over 4,000 lines of fully voiced dialogue. OR... don't engage with them at all and choose to never speak a word!
  • Experience an all original orchestral score by award winning composer Jeremy Soule
  • Engage in a deep mystery concerning an on-board murder and a large band of mercenaries who seem to want YOU dead.
  • Dive into a world with well over 150,000 words of back-story and lore, where everything you read, see, speak, or hear relates to the story and characters, and everything is there for a reason.
  • A highly original energy based inventory system with original sci-fi weapons, gadgets and armor.
  • The story unfolds based largely on your actions. You may use diplomacy and talk your way through the entire game - never shooting anyone! OR, decide to use deadly or non-lethal force.
  • Forge lasting relationships with the crew of ZENLIL, and alter the course of the story through your actions. Your choices will change your play experience, and subsequent playthroughs offer the chance to make different decisions and see all new outcomes.
  • Regardless of what you choose to do or not, the experience always moves forward, adapting seamlessly to YOU.

mite b cool

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It must have taken them a lot of effort to make a Source game incompatible with 32-bit OSes. Should've gone with the Dark Engine instead.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I must admit I've not heard of this game before now (or if I did it didn't make that much of an impression on me) but watching their trailer I am... intrigued. This isn't "early access" correct? Anyone tried it out yet? Impressions?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
First bug reports coming in:

1. With open inventory, pressing ESC results in the game closing down immediately.

2. Opening the inventory during dialogue results in game crashing.

3. Turning captions on displays each line of the conversations twice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom