Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Conquest of Elysium 4

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Where did you find this price? I bought it for 380 rub. (5,5 euro) on Steam.

Fuck, won't get it for 20€ but sure as hell would for 6€. Still, never spent more than a few hours on CoE3, maybe the maps I played were too big but it always felt like a drag and like I didn't have many strategic options.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
What happens when some buffoon opens a portal to inferno during year 1?

AhoiapS.jpg

E6xC3LK.jpg

gg

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Burgmeisters are still OP as fuck, maybe even more so now with the way the combat works and how easily accessible resources are.

irGtSXH.jpg

Amassing a huge army of powerful units has never been so easy!

Next I'll try the Druid and see if they got a much needed upgrade or not.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I hate the flamethrower unit they have. It's brutal, but not as brutal as that army!

Haba, how do you open a gate? Is there a place on the map where I can open it, or is it only by rituals?

What do the shield icons do? When looking at the map, I understand most of the resource icons, but I don't understand the legionary shield.

I wish you could zoom in during battles. I hate viewing-range distance in this game.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Fortification
provides an armor bonus of 3x
fortification level to any units standing on the
walls during battles. Units not standing on the
wall are unaffected by the fortification bonus.
Units standing on the walls also have the range
of their ranged weapons increased by +1 or +2
for high walls (two squares of wall before the
battlements)
(icon: tower shield)

Read about it and more within the super useful CoE4 manual at http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/403950/manuals/coe4manual.pdf?t=1447715494

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ah, so it gives a +1 to armour or something? Or it just indicates that there are barricades and walls?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
A sufficient number of rabbits and snails can defeat any army, demonic or otherwise. So saith the wise druid.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Just go to where the portal is. Once you enter the grid with the portal you'll get the option to travel through it to the other plane or destroy it.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Just go to where the portal is. Once you enter the grid with the portal you'll get the option to travel through it to the other plane or destroy it.

Too late. I was playing a necromancer, so in a sense I was victorious at visiting Hades. I'm going to chalk it up as another win.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
I just opened Steam and saw this. Did a double-take. I didn't even know it was in development! So far, everything looks good. Core seems to be more or less intact... I'm liking the grid battles and the planes idea. But 20€ :hahano:

Who am I kidding, I'll be buying it anyways. CoE3 was my go-to "relaxation" game while I was studying or writing or whatever.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Druid gameplay is so fun now. The options they have to protect forests are amazing. Too bad their units are still shit.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The Illusionist is awful. I can't believe how much this faction sucks ass. Talk about the most pointless kind of faction and really scraping the bottom of the barrel, just like the Necromancer Hobbits. Instead of adding more factions that are flat out crap they should've spent time on making the old ones better and more diverse, like the Druid.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
How do I get out of here, men?

Nevermind. Poor Yolo went insane immidiately. Right after that he got ambushed by a horror.

djyrjusbmo.jpg

The backstabbing basterd was pwnd, but Yolo decayed and died after the battle.

kwlrtzfpcy.jpg

That was... enlightening, I guess. SO, is there any point of going to the Void? I didn't notice any locations or loot or anything remotely lucrative. And seemingly no way to get back either. It's not like I have hordes of disposable Old Ones for that kinds of experiments.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Another protip, if you are playing "Fallen Empire" and see a strong enemy stack get wiped in a tile, it probably isn't safe to enter that tile.

Those fucking horrors man.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Somebody should do a proper LP featuring new plane travel thingie. Meanwhile, a short AAR about my second attempt of conquering the Void.

Spoilers! (duh)

So, I was about to win my current game as High Cultist, but that short and painful experience with Void left me unsatisfied. Instead of finishing off the last AI, I decided to to give it another shot first. But this time, I made dem preparations.

hfxodksalw.jpg

A small 100-unit army, half of it consisting of Pillars. Unlike Dominions, Pillars of the Depths in CoE are pretty damn gud.

tmqgezjkva.jpg

Dat hp, armor, damage, MR, morale, shield, poison res - what else do you even need?

And ofc, I brought along some bros.

vsidicicqj.jpg

I'm sorry for dragging you into this, Lizzurd, Dayyālu and sqeecoo. It's totally not an act of vengeance or settling some old scores.

Anyway! Upon entering the Void, an instant surprise - we got scattered.

dsvrfeqavk.jpg

Not too far away, thankfully. Aaand Grimwulf got ambushed. Good thing I assigned all forces to him, otherwise he would be screwed. But horrors got nuthin' against me Pillars.

ojvrekqapk.jpg

Of course that means that the others are on their own, but come on. I'm sure we'll be fine. While sqeecoo and Lizzurd are trying to get closer to everybody else, Dayyalu approaches the strange gateway. Two options appear: enter or destroy.

lbdfpfwrxh.jpg

What's the point of destroying the only thing that I've found here? Gotta check it out. Dayyalu goes forth to investigate.

What in the motherf

pjtogebqpf.jpg

What. Even. Is this shit? And Dayyalu immidiately triggers some battle. Probably nothing serious, right? Right?

poyfkfuwsg.jpg

:negative:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
I'm really loving this iteration of CoE. Much better than 3 if you ask me, and so much more diverse than 2. I'm going to play a little later today, maybe I'll do a full AAR but my wife will kill me if I waste my free time just playing computer games (and rightfully so; Steam says I've played 8 hours and... it's been out 3 days now?).

Dayyālu

Arcane
What's the point of destroying the only thing that I've found here? Gotta check it out. Dayyalu goes forth to investigate.

What in the motherf

GRIMWULF YOU FOOL

THEY TOLD US WHAT TO DO ON WHEN THAT HAPPENS

WE'RE ALL DEAD! BLOW IT! BLOW IT!

(Keep it up, thanks. My only experience with Planes was sending parties that melted in seconds).

That's, I presume, the Nexus (a place where you can access all the Elemental Planes).

A pity the only two games I've completed where with Barons. With the stock factions, it feels a lot like CoE3, only better in some details. Magic system is kinda nice, though. And the little things in the map! In my second game, I have activated a huge Colossus that started wandering around randomly (but still under the "theoretical" control of my faction), and it ended up fighting the Troll King in a duel. Awesome.

Or taking down a Iron Golem with focused ballista fire while your spearmen get fragged by the dozen.

Yet, the last battle against the Dwarven Citadel was a chore: to deal with 8 Dwarven Ballistas I had to throw in the meatgrinder 400+ units.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Men do not simply give up. I've came here to conquer dis shit.

I was hoping to reach the gateway and join Dayyalu's battle in the Nexus. But alas, after my own battle (horror ambush) was over, I was somehow teleported away. The laws of the Void are weird. Having no other choice, I came as close to the gateway as I could, joining up with sqeecoo. But not close enough - Dayyalu will fight on his own.

yftfzoaueb.jpg

Oh, and Lizzurd got ambushed on his way too (the double swords icon).

Meanwhile in Nexus:

ealoyqelsm.jpg

All Sea Titan's spells can be negated by MR and Strength. Dayyalu has no lack of those.

yoetfpsfuo.jpg

He's been with me rather long, actually. You can see it by the killcount and never-healing-wound affliction. And xp. And insanity.

As I was saying, the good news is Dayyalu doesn't give two fucks about hydromancy spells. The bad news, is that he is a hydromancer too - his spells are just as easy to negate by str and MR.

llewejmojz.jpg

Sea Giants don't plan to cast no spells. They are going full berserk. For several rounds, Dayyalu manages to switch between summons and direct-damage spells, effectively keeping the giants at safe distance and slowly scratching their hp. But then he lost the rhythm for a moment - on turn 7 one of the giants entered melee range.

cigzjtpaow.jpg

Surprisingly, NO OTHER GIANT attempted to come closer after that moment. Several rounds Dayyalu was fighting the central one in a duel of honor. Men vs Men. 1 on 1.

On round 11 the giant pierced Dayyalu's eye. On round 12 it was all over.

lqgqoxtzdz.jpg

You sacrifice will not be forgotten. :salute:

Meanwhile in the Void, Lizzurd was fighting lesser horrors with his bad engrish.

omujltcojq.jpg

As a matter of fact, Lizzurd was my first succesfully summoned Old One. Most of them attacked the summoners right away, destroying whole armies and causing havoc all over Elysium after that. But not Lizzurd.

pifnmtsjeg.jpg

So what happens when teh horrors meet teh Lizzurd?

They get enslave'd.

pvajrnqxnz.jpg

Ok, time to jump in dat Nexus and avenge our bro!

Wait. Where is it?

cdkpsnkjuo.jpg

For fuck's sake.

:negative:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Only a strong drink can save us all from the horrors that lurk here.

We've almost reached the gateway to the Nexus, but suddenly Grimwulf went completely insane.

hxzlptqbrs.jpg

Which means he won't obey orders this turn. Great timing, I know. My initial thought was to wait it out, but in the end I reconsidered. Sqeecoo is on the verge of going nuts as well, and that horror (is it the same one that pwnd Yolo back then?) spices things even furhter. The gateway is right in front of us, just one tile away.

A manly decision was made. Grimwulf passed the leadership and all his forces to Lizzurd (who is somehow unaffected by insanity - probalby because of permanently existing in this state).

foywdesluq.jpg

Go, you fools. Enter the gateway, avenge Dayyalu, and leave me here. To die. Alone.

And so they left, leaving the protagonist of this story on his own, completely insane and surrounded by horrors. That was the first time in his pathetic life that Grimwulf was glad about his blindness.

pnxormuhbf.jpg

At least he won't see what's coming. May I have a quick and painless death.

Meanwhile in Nexus: Lizzurd, sqeecoo and untouched army

iimslttjni.jpg

are approaching the citadel of the Sea Titan. The battle commences!

puwydjywtu.jpg

Sea Titan can't do shit with his hydromancy again. Because the Pillars are basically tiny Dayyalus.

wfismimfyk.jpg

First round of combat. Lizzud shows his skillz.

gstshjvtyw.jpg

Instantly enslaving a giant. That will keep the others busy.

Sqeecoo did not really contribute to this battle too much.

drgqmcodsk.jpg

Once again, hydromancy doesn't really work against those foes. I'm sure he'll show some perfomance later against other elementals, tho.

But Lizzurd is a rockstar. Most of the battle he was star showering (direct damage + paralyze). Very fucking effective.

mguxixzajc.jpg

And in the end...

hflnawlipo.jpg

He OWND himslef a Sea Giant. Half-dead, affliction-ridden, but still a fucking Sea Giant. That's just awesome, I say.

And sqeecoo found an auto-summo artifact.

oziindebml.jpg

Right, men. That's it for today. What should I do next, tho?

gdzpqviekh.jpg

So I'm sitting in a castle. There are four gateways near me. One is (seemingly?) unprotected, the others have some weird shit guarding them.

gvjxathqcs.jpg

djybwujlix.jpg

Shoul I go for the (seemingly) safe one? Go berserk on of the guarded gateways? Or maybe...

kfuifgsapb.jpg

Try to reach those faraway ones, for whatever reason?

In any case, I forsee a brutal death of Lizzurd in the end. Which is always entertaining.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
yoetfpsfuo.jpg

Seriously?

VhzJL.jpg

Well, that's rather weird.

Good news for everyone! After extensive testing on the Inferno Portals I have managed to gain some data (when one of 'em opened on Year 3 of my Senatorial game!).

+ The mobs are powerful as fuck, and you'll need a full army of 50-60 humans+ Mage support to deal with one. The big ones are nightmarish.

+ Their AI is aggressive and they'll destroy Indies and other players alike. The objective is to take back "sinners", a special unit, back to the portal to gain more demons.

+ You want to be a smartass and avoid frontal charge with your puny humans and outflank the Demons? You can. If they leave the portal unattended, you can place your little dirty hands on it and blow it up. Weeeeeee! And great joy in the land!
qkqrut.gif

+ Problem is, the Demons on Elysium do not disappear. No. They start coming back to the Portal's ruins and get a fuckton of Sinners, and they sacrifice them to re-open the portal again. And this takes us to the last hopeless charge of my army against the Demonic hordes, that narrowly managed to win with 17 survivors. I don't know if there are other fuckers around and the AI is getting a huge advantage on me.

zcnkmf.gif

This is fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom