Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Conan Exiles - Funcom strikes again

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I saw someone playing on stream and the game has physics-enabled dongs. I'm not much into survival games but I like conan and nudity so i'm intrigued.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Hope it runs better than Ark then.

Optimization is crap right now. Combat is a bit shit as well. It mostly comes down to who has better stats and gear to out last and out damage the opponent. Really grindy game. Low tier equipment degrades super fast and the amount of resources you need to make the basic stuff is a bit high (20 rocks for a single stone axe - lol). Craftable equipment is level locked i.e you need to level up to unlock the recipes. I might refund and then look at it again when it's out of early access.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
This game in a nutshell
C3gdenZW8AUgPmg.jpg:large

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
... seriously? :lol:
Guild, when?

Optimization is crap right now. Combat is a bit shit as well. It mostly comes down to who has better stats and gear to out last and out damage the opponent. Really grindy game. Low tier equipment degrades super fast and the amount of resources you need to make the basic stuff is a bit high (20 rocks for a single stone axe - lol). Craftable equipment is level locked i.e you need to level up to unlock the recipes. I might refund and then look at it again when it's out of early access.
Sounds 100% like Ark, then.

Ark can be quite fun, I think. But only in larger groups. It's a game GF and me tried to play, but it is just waaaaaay to grindy to be fun with two people.
I wonder how flexible this dong is. I mean, game.

bylam

Funcom
Developer
Just fix the grind in the server settings - it's a literal slider.

Performance has been shitty - kinda irritating as we have been stress testing with 70 players internally and no major drama. But I suspect the online hosts don't match the specs of the ones we are using for testing internally.

Combat - I dunno. A lot of people are just left click spamming. There is more depth to it (IMO) than that, but people don't know how to play yet. A lot of them are not even using secondary weapon attacks.

I have a couple of keys, if someone wants to try it. First in first served and all. Just PM me.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Combat - I dunno. A lot of people are just left click spamming. There is more depth to it (IMO) than that, but people don't know how to play yet. A lot of them are not even using secondary weapon attacks.
Well, if that is the case, then I'd say it is simply too easy or otherwise unbalanced.
If secondary attack and more tactics than left click spam are not required to win, then people won't use them (other than for flavor, maybe).

Reminds me a bit of a problem like in Halcyon 5 or Darkest Dungeon. You'd have all kinds of status effects and whatnot, but the best possible way to victory was to just deal tons of damage.

Cromwell

Arcane

Performance has been shitty - kinda irritating as we have been stress testing with 70 players internally and no major drama. But I suspect the online hosts don't match the specs of the ones we are using for testing internally.

I have a couple of keys, if someone wants to try it. First in first served and all. Just PM me.

memememememe pleeeasse

bylam

Funcom
Developer
Well, if that is the case, then I'd say it is simply too easy or otherwise unbalanced.
If secondary attack and more tactics than left click spam are not required to win, then people won't use them (other than for flavor, maybe).

Reminds me a bit of a problem like in Halcyon 5 or Darkest Dungeon. You'd have all kinds of status effects and whatnot, but the best possible way to victory was to just deal tons of damage.

Well in PvE in any game enough people spamming left click will win against a monster. But in PvP I think superior tactics will play a part and people are not at that stage yet. I could, of course, be completely wrong.

Keys are gone. I'll see if I can get more at some point but you know, managers gotta make their monies first.

Mortmal

Arcane

I only played unofficial so far, performance is beyond shitty on some servers, rubberbanding,animations not playing, several disconnections, near unplayable . I was about to ask a refund TBH , but then i tried another server and strangely it was almost flawless .....That explains the mixed reviews. So people experience of the game will vary greatly , not to mention the quality of the server population, that makes a huge difference .
The loading time could be improved, had to move it to a new SSD to make it playable.It's very early access but has lot of potential for sure .The mature setting will attract many more people, boobs and penis realistic physics , people will forgive many of the game shortcomings.

Last edited:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Oh boy...

20170201170733_1.jpg

Guys, I don't think this game is very <current year> at all...

20170201175738_1.jpg

20170201211545_1.jpg

20170201213406_1.jpg

20170202005956_1.jpg

:shredder:

Are you running the textures on low? I see a severe lack of bush definition which just isn't acceptable.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Are you running the textures on low? I see a severe lack of bush definition which just isn't acceptable.

I'm running on medium, which may explain the lack of... detail.

A bigger disgrace is the fact that you can't make your slavegirls shave once you've captured them.

But yeah, imagine a game where you can...

- invade someone's home and cut their entire family apart in front of them
- club the most attractive female on the head and drag her to your home unconscious
- force her into a wheel of pain
- feed her human flesh (probably from her own family) until her mind breaks
- then make the broken slave "entertain" you while you prance around naked

Now realize that this is a triple A production with a Steam release. In 2017.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
A bigger disgrace is the fact that you can't make your slavegirls shave once you've captured them.

You hwut. Shaving should be strictly forbidden for slaves, that's the first tenet of any proper clan. Heretical shavists must be exiled to the wastes.

Ranarama

Learned
Can you customise the shape and length of your pubes? I need an answer before I'm prepared to buy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom