Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competitive online shooters that are both good and active

McPlusle

Savant
Do they exist? CS:GO's shooting mechanics never clicked with me at all and Siege is decent but the pricing model brings it down a ton.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Yea... not even remotely tbh :( and seeing how well dumb shit like ow and fortnite is doing I think its a rip for genre for a looooooooooooong time.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
DoI and Insurgency aren't really competitive (although I still enjoy DoI pubs) but QC is a mess and last time I checked the playercount regularly dipped below Quake Live on Steam.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
I was surprised to see there are still people playing Natural Selection 1, and they're all competitive players.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Yea... not even remotely tbh :( and seeing how well dumb shit like ow and fortnite is doing I think its a rip for genre for a looooooooooooong time.
What's wrong with Overwatch? I haven't played it, which is why I'm curious. (I haven't played Fortnight either, but I don't care about that.)

Jokzore

Arbiter
Despite what some edgelords might claim, if CS:GO didn't click with you I'd definitely give Overwatch a shot.

Also Quake is always a thing.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Yup Quake and Natural selection is where it's at, with a bit(shitloads) of luck Squad in the future. America's Army was great up to 2:bounce:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Used to play Delta Force: Black Hawk Down. Badass game, but damn, I never understood how the hell people can knife so damn well. Not sure if it's still active, though. I haven't played since around 2007-2008, maybe.

pizza_microwave

Liturgist

This. But in case you guys want a bit more active community I can only recommend UT4.

A sad cucked Croatian from the Codex got me into it and after many hours to get past the learning curve the game really shines with its fast-paced action and really sweet weapon design (for the most part). Laugh all you want about the game being abandoned for Shartnite (tm) but the game's netcode works fine (one or two unreg rox here and there but nothing too shabby) and the community changes to game the way it wants with community made mutators (playing on EU servers and NA servers is a completely different experience due to different weapon mutators).

I'm not going to delve deeper into this shameless shilling, but here's what you can do after playing 5000 hours of this community friendly dead game.
/shill

(credits to these two)

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
There's a small but active community of Daikatana players out there too.
Nothing feels like shooting each other w/ ballistas and booby-trapping the entire level.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom