Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company of Heroes 2 & Ardennes Assault

sser

Arcane
Developer
How is this game anyway? The urge to purchase always nosedives once I see a litany of DLC all lined up. Is the Ardennes one just a standalone mini-campaign?
Yes it is.

The game is quite excellent, just buy whatever you want when it comes on sale.

Nice. I kept reading info that went back and forth on that. The first Company of Heroes was quite a good game and one of the last RTS's I played seriously/competitively. Can't play 'em like I used to, though, so I like the single-player stuff/staying clear of a ton of DLC.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
There are like 3 expansions? how many more? Waiting for the gold edition.....

panzertoter

Arcane
So, i bought it recently with all expansions (was on sale), and i saw Official Codex chat channel in multiplayer lobby, but empty. Where are you guys? I don't want to play with retarded Russians or multi-handed Koreans.

Explorerbc

Arcane
I stopped playing a year ago. The balance was shit, germans were easy mode and during matchmaking 90% of the players picked them, and waited in queue for some poor soul to pick allies.

I only played soviets, I would get paired with random noobs, almost always play against a stacked team of clan members with nazi fetishist names and avatars.
Americans were even worse in most cases. There have been a lot of patches since then, the british were also introduced so I dunno what the state of the game is.

Whatever the case, fuck Relic and fuck the players who exclusively play germans.

Dayyālu

Arcane
So, i bought it recently with all expansions (was on sale), and i saw Official Codex chat channel in multiplayer lobby, but empty. Where are you guys? I don't want to play with retarded Russians or multi-handed Koreans.

raw

I play CoH1, due to tech limitations. And CoH2, even if I could play it with good FPS, seems to be rather derp.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Well everything provides around 25 hour singleplayer campaign, and then there is multiplayer if you want, so i'd say yes.

Be sure to get the master collection bundle, it has also small mission dlcs

kris

Arcane
I picked up the bundle for both for abt €20. I once upon a time did play the first pirated, so it was more than fair to get it.

This is in humbel bundel now.

Thinking of picking it up. (It's for linux woah! ) And playing few hours of singleplayer before getting bored and uninstalling.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Might get it for missing Tales of Valor. And may finally finish original CoH campain...

This is in humbel bundel now.

Thinking of picking it up. (It's for linux woah! ) And playing few hours of singleplayer before getting bored and uninstalling.
Update:
1) why does a rts need 35 gigs of hard drive space?
2) it's reportedly filled with in game ads of "buy more DLC!"
3) It seems to be rather regular rts (of no-base building variety)
4) I didn't buy it

Baron Dupek

Arcane
35GB because all DLCs are already in. There is a lot of them (larger and smaller ones) because SEGA and their concept of games at that time lead to this.
Yes it's regular RTS but it does have base building.
Don't worry about balance, with DLCs or not, because Relic cannot into balancing at all. It amaze me how people still play this shit. It must be infuriating. Well, if people play DOTA and other rage fueling titles then no surprise CoH1/2 have fans...fans who are not grognards to play proper WWII strategies.

Last edited:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
COH2 mostly pissed me off in how more lifeless the soldiers seemed. In the first game they acted much more reactive to what was going on around them. I was honestly surprised how much COH2 had declined in pretty much all aspects but that one really took me by surprise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom