Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company of Heroes 2 & Ardennes Assault

DakaSha

Arcane
It's CoH with a reskin and some added features. Gameplay is pretty much the same. If you enjoyed CoH and suddenly find you loathing CoH 2 you're either a shitcock hypocrite or suffering from alzheimers.

Apparently it is a worse version of coh1.
You're still right though as the differences are so subtle that its just retarded edgyness if you go from coh best game EVAR to coh2 worst rts yet. As long as its supported it will prob become as good as the first.
In any case im really enjoying it even though i suck incredibly bad. I wish it was less twitchy but its an rts so i guess i get what i deserve

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Well, they're going to have to do everything in their power to get players to come back.

Brinko

Arcane
Is this now what Sega is doing with their strategy companies? Just release free dlc to keep people in to salvage their wrecks? Because Rome 2 has been doing a lot of free shit to keep people playing as well so it seems like an overall strategy from the top.

DemonKing

Arcane
http://www.relicnews.com/company-of-heroes-2-the-western-front-armies-announced/

It seems the US audience can't stand a game without being able to cheer/play for their own team but anyway...

th

Brinko

Arcane
Damn and I had hoped that they would keep the Eastern Front theme and have the US and Japs go at it. Have the same weather mechanic crap instead of snow its rain or whatever.

Good to know I can keep ignoring this.

DemonKing

Arcane
Relic are Canadian.

What's that got to do with anything? I'm stating that an American audience generally likes to play as the good guys Americans, which maybe why they decided to go in this direction. The nationality of the developers is neither here nor there...

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Relic are Canadian.

What's that got to do with anything? I'm stating that an American audience generally likes to play as the good guys Americans, which maybe why they decided to go in this direction. The nationality of the developers is neither here nor there...
Oh I thought you were saying the devs wanted it because you thought they were American. Also where exactly do RTSs sell the most at? I've heard of RPGs being big in Europe but I've never heard of RTSs being big in any country save north korea but only the big one.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Such bullshit. Why couldn't they let us play as the Germans on the eastern front instead?

DemonKing

Arcane
Such bullshit. Why couldn't they let us play as the Germans on the eastern front instead?

Do you mean in Single Player - because you can in multi since launch. There are also a lot of "Theater of War" missions where you can play as the Germans, there just isn't a dedicated scripted campaign as there is for our Bolshevik friends.

made

Arcane
Still waiting for a WW2 game to prominently feature the glorious Polish army. I want to hunt down tanks with hussar cavalry dammit!

Relic are Canadian.

They should make US a playable side in multiplayer, except with the proviso that they don't show up until the game is halfway through:)

(always find it humorous that the US still pays out on France for getting steamrolled early on, when they hadn't even bothered to turn up yet)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
German campaign or no buy. :keepmyjewgold:

And where's mah Afrika Korps vs British campaign!? :x

sser

Arcane
Developer
How is this game anyway? The urge to purchase always nosedives once I see a litany of DLC all lined up. Is the Ardennes one just a standalone mini-campaign?

L'ennui

Magister
How is this game anyway? The urge to purchase always nosedives once I see a litany of DLC all lined up. Is the Ardennes one just a standalone mini-campaign?
Yes it is.

The game is quite excellent, just buy whatever you want when it comes on sale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom