Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company of Heroes 2 & Ardennes Assault

oscar

Arcane
Yeah I thought if anything the Allies licked the Soviet Union's nuts and turned a blind eye to their (many) crimes. Principally due to FDR's naivety but perhaps also due to a strategic fear that Stalin might reach a peace with Hitler if he started doubting the Allies. Sounds pretty dumb and (as said) anachronistic to be reporting about the failings of communism. Hopefully it was a mistake or the game ends with the journalist's reporting and concerns being censored and locked away somewhere.

As for if the Second World War can still be fresh, the CoH expansion dealt with Operation Market Garden (which was also done pretty well in Close Combat 2). Men of War was quite varied as well with Crete, Afrika Korps v Commonwealth, Operation Torch and the Eastern Front. Never played the expansions.

But yeah, I felt Company of Heroes hit a nice sweet spot between RTS and simulator, removing some of the annoying and un-fun things from both. The really impressive audio and detailed (still look damn nice today) graphics didn't hurt either.

.Pixote.

Augur
I would like to see the Italian campaign from 1943 - 45. Being allowed to play as the Germans is a must.

circ

Arcane
ALL IS FORGIVEN RELIC WELCOME BACK.

I wouldn't mind the pacific theatre and playing as japs. Or if you include brits, include some infantry tank busters goddammit.

Oh eastern front? Nevermind.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope they wont pull DoW2 again but I dont care about SP only MP, and if thats done well Iam buying this on day one, even if knowing how Relic is not really into that balance thingy.

Deleted member 7219

Would be interesting to play the British North Africa campaign in an expansion pack or something. I think deserts would look great in the CoH engine.

Erzherzog

Magister
I think British North Africa is one of the best WW2 settings period. You can dick around with the height of the dunes and such or have some sparsely populated cities, let's infantry and tanks have fun.

spectre

Arcane
I second that. Pacific and Mediterranean theaters need more dev love.
Here's hoping that they expand on the CoH formula, not attempt to reinvent it.

Sweet news!
Always liked the game, and i recently picked it up to play it with some friends, cause it's dirt cheap on Steam at the moment. €7.99 for the game + both expansions.

spectre

Arcane
I think Men of War had a Crete mission. Forgot which part was it exactly, but it was the one of the first missions in the campaign.
Actually, MoW had a pretty diverse selection of scenarios. Pity the game is so hit and miss.

Nice. Eastern front is pretty cool. Wonder if there will be a German campaign though. DoW2 was fairly meh for me, hope Relic still has that CoH magic. And yeah, a Desert Fox campaign/game with dunes, dust, and sandstorms would be great. Wonder if your soldiers would get dysentery though?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Yeah, it's like they're afraid of showing the real game, knowing it's a turd. Will Relic go out of business with a bang, or a whimper? I can't say, but THQ in all it's wisdom is aiming for a March 2013 release, you know, the same month the SC2 expansion comes out.

It's like THQ fucking wants to go out of business.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Damn, model swap total. At least they got a KV in there.

Relic truly is a shadow these days.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom