Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company of Heroes 2 & Ardennes Assault

Deleted member 7219

Eastern Front? Could be fascinating if done right. There's so much life left in the World War 2 setting, they just need to get away from the Western theatre.

bonescraper

Eastern front? Then it's the first Relic game i'm going to pass on.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
I would be in heaven if they made an MP mode without base building with a warmap ala close combat (inb4 retards who never played close combat)

Hellraiser

Arcane
I for one, will enjoy stomping the bolshevik untermensch online. Or "liberating" europe from the fascists.

They better not change their mind on weather affecting units, that shit was supposed to be in the first COH and got cut :rpgcodex:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
As long as they don't follow the DOW2 formula I am in

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Eastern Front? Could be fascinating if done right. There's so much life left in the World War 2 setting, they just need to get away from the Western theatre.

The problem isn't the Western theatre, the problem is "LET US DO D-DAY FOR THE 500th TIME, AND THEN FOCUS ON THE AMERICAN CAMPAIGNS BECAUSE AMERICA FUCK YEAH"

France 1940 would be cool, for example. Or hey, what about the African front vs the Brits. But no, we always get AMURRICANS.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2

The problem isn't the Western theatre, the problem is "LET US DO D-DAY FOR THE 500th TIME, AND THEN FOCUS ON THE AMERICAN CAMPAIGNS BECAUSE AMERICA FUCK YEAH"

France 1940 would be cool, for example. Or hey, what about the African front vs the Brits. But no, we always get AMURRICANS.

As an Americunt, I have to agree. Give us the pacific theater, or the rooskies, or let us fight the Desert Fox or something. Normandy is tired shit at this point.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There is a really well done mod for CoH that adds Russians, well done visually but balance was clusterfuck making Russians unbeatable. If they make multiplayer as good as the first, this will be day one buy for me.

Roderick

Savant
Looking forward to this. always loved company of heroes, if this does the easter front setting well, and advances on the style of the first game this could be amazing

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Paradoxically, I found this on the Generals 2 forums.

8b0feeeca0a5.jpg

743b994b9faa.jpg

Deleted member 7219

I would like to play the British during the failed 1940 Norway campaign where we got our arses kicked, mainly due to lack of equipment and the awesome power of the Luftwaffe. Cost Neville Chamberlain his job. Would be interesting to see that, for all your hard work, your efforts are still doomed to failure.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Relic are cagey on the exact narrative details, but the story of the war will be told through the eyes of a war correspondent as he travels through the Eastern Front, reporting on battles and "the failures of communist ideology."
Lol, can't have a game about the eastern front without some anachronistic anti-communist propaganda! Americans will feel dirty playing as the Soviets unless they are constantly reminded how evil they are. :M

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected

I'm with you on this.

DemonKing

Arcane
I was kind of hoping for a Pacific game, but I'll take Ostfront.

There better be a Wehrmacht campaign!

As long as they don't mess with the multiplayer model to much this should be sweet.

Angthoron

Arcane
Relic are cagey on the exact narrative details, but the story of the war will be told through the eyes of a war correspondent as he travels through the Eastern Front, reporting on battles and "the failures of communist ideology."
Lol, can't have a game about the eastern front without some anachronistic anti-communist propaganda! Americans will feel dirty playing as the Soviets unless they are constantly reminded how evil they are. :M
To be fair this is "realistic", the Allies did a fair bit of anti-Communist propaganda during the war, like the whole Animal Farm business.

And yeah, why not a new Homeworld? FFS, sure, give us another WW2 RTS because there's just SO FUCKING MANY good space strategy games.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
To be fair this is "realistic", the Allies did a fair bit of anti-Communist propaganda during the war, like the whole Animal Farm business.

Animal farm wasn't published until August '45, the Ministry of Information successfully suppressed it during the war. In general the western allies did their best to downplay any ideological differences with the Soviets while the war with Germany was ongoing.

EDIT: It would actually be a cool twist if this war correspondent would report on the harshness of the war and the communist system, and then see it edited down into glorious propaganda in the US newspapers. Probably way to deep for a game like CoH though.

Angthoron

Arcane

Animal farm wasn't published until August '45, the Ministry of Information successfully suppressed it during the war. In general the western allies did their best to downplay any ideological differences with the Soviets while the war with Germany was ongoing.

MS was finished and redrafted in 1943/1944 though, but yeah, I do wonder now why I said that particular example.

At any rate, at least this isn't about the super-awesome Normandy landing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom