Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship RPG Update #8

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
CSG update #8 - The Shuttle Bay

Pic_shuttle_bay_zps17yndjzg.jpg

^ The Shuttle Bay in all its faded glory

Like many locations overflowing with toxic masculinity it’s guarded by unfriendly men with guns and low social awareness – a militia outfit known as Jackson Riflemen.

The Riflemen have a ‘complex’ belief system that prevented them from allying with any major faction. They want to be free, so they are in agreement with the Brotherhood on many issues. At the same time, they value tradition, which is what the Protectors are selling. Last but not the least, they loosely follow the word of Jesus Christ - “read the Bible as interpreted by experts”, which makes them open to the sermons of the Church of the Elect.

So the best way to explore this location is via “diplomacy” by securing an alliance with one of the factions which might be trickier than you think as the Riflemen aren’t really a team player eager to take orders from the city slickers. If anything they are a force of chaos waiting for the right opportunity to be unleashed.

The second best way is by taking advantage of the new stealth system and sneaking in (just don’t get caught as the Riflemen are a firm believer in capital punishment). The third best way, meaning the absolute worst way, is to attack this well-defended location head-on, but hey, it wouldn’t be a role-playing game if we didn’t let you do something stupid to learn a valuable lesson or two.

One of the endgame scenarios is an all-out war and the Riflemen are a good ally to have. They make (and trade) high-quality guns and even have a couple of riotfreedom droids they managed to fix.

Edit:

http://k56i.imgup.net/Pic_shuttld18a.jpg
^ bigger picture

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
After DR is released, too busy now.

Oh, i was sure that all is done already, you just wait for music or something.

p.s. 184 pages of discussion if Dragon age 3 on Rpgcodex is also depressing for you, or you are optimist?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
After DR is released, too busy now.

Oh, i was sure that all is done already, you just wait for music or something.
The game is done, but I have a lot of 'admin' work to do plus testing.

p.s. 184 pages of discussion if Dragon age 3 on Rpgcodex is also depressing for you, or you are optimist?
I haven't played it but judging by the number of pages I assume it's a very thought-provoking game.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I haven't played it but judging by the number of pages I assume it's a very thought-provoking game.

You know, you have a good sense of humour, comrade. I suspect you are the one who was responsible for writing texts in AoD, which is FULL of humour (almost every dialogue has it).

p.s. Please make fights AoD level hard (though combat gets easier the further you in story, hardest fights in game were in Teron). Maybe make endgame fights more difficulty than first fights? But even if you do not do this, i still know it will be great game.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
You know, you have a good sense of humour, comrade. I suspect you are the one who was responsible for writing texts in AoD, which is FULL of humour (almost every dialogue has it).
I'm the lead designer/writer so it's my domain.

p.s. Please make fights AoD level hard (though combat gets easier the further you in story, hardest fights in game were in Teron). Maybe make endgame fights more difficulty than first fights? But even if you do not do this, i still know it will be great game.
The game is very hard (on AoD level) and doesn't get any easier. In all 50 fights there was only one fight fairly early that was easy and I asked Oscar to tweak it. Most fights would require many attempts to beat them and some people would have to give up and restart the game on lower difficulty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom