Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Colony Ship RPG Update #5: Making a New RPG, Combat and Stealth

TigerKnee

Arcane
People assume that save-reloading is bad in combat.
What RPGs allow you to actually save-scum in the middle of combat itself?

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
People assume that save-reloading is bad in combat.
What RPGs allow you to actually save-scum in the middle of combat itself?

Actually, I was talking about save-reloading OUT of and, rather, before the encounter to get an optimal result. It is an autistic thing to overdo it. But there is nothing inherently wrong with it. In games like AOD in fact, where the die roll can really turn even a favorable battle against you, you might need to employ this as a norm.

The price of overdoing is the time you spend doing the same thing again and again. Some (autists) are willing to pay it and I see nothing fundamentally wrong with it. If you are a good player and can negotiate the game with a less repetative combat encounter, save reload becomes a tool instead of a hob

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd always prefer a most open approach to saving.
Design your game for a certain approach if you want, but still let the players pick their favourite method. Preferably as the game starts so that the player knows what to expect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom