Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship RPG Update #15

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
It's not that kind of game.

An instant classic you mean with very high replay value? Such as all the Wizardries, M&Ms, Darklands, Realms of Arkania, ToEE, Gold Box games, Buck ROgers, WL1 and 2, JAs, etc?

Do you think Dungeon Rat would be better or worse with full party creation? Your exceptions to this rule all have combat that would be way better designed for full party creation, or combat that isn't so great propped up by the genius of Tim Cain (such as Arcanum and the two real FOs). Yes, AoD, Dungeon Rats, Underrail, et al, would be significantly better as games because full character generation not only leads to much better combat, but objectively much better games since all these games are combat heavy.

This is your chance to help make RPGs greater again. Like they used to be. When full party generation was standard. I believe in you. Don't let Cleve destroy you in the greatness department by having full party generation and you sticking to this weird recruitment/xp hit thing. I believe in you. You can do it! Cut their fucking heads off.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

An instant classic you mean with very high replay value? Such as all the Wizardries, M&Ms, Darklands, Realms of Arkania, ToEE, Gold Box games, Buck ROgers, WL1 and 2, JAs, etc?

Do you think Dungeon Rat would be better or worse with full party creation? Your exceptions to this rule all have combat that would be way better designed for full party creation, or combat that isn't so great propped up by the genius of Tim Cain (such as Arcanum and the two real FOs). Yes, AoD, Dungeon Rats, Underrail, et al, would be significantly better as games because full character generation not only leads to much better combat, but objectively much better games since all these games are combat heavy.

This is your chance to help make RPGs greater again. Like they used to be. When full party generation was standard. I believe in you. Don't let Cleve destroy you in the greatness department by having full party generation and you sticking to this weird recruitment/xp hit thing. I believe in you. You can do it! Cut their fucking heads off.
makes as much sense as full party creation in fallouts

What makes as much sense? Why does everyone on this sight have such an issue with subjects? And full party gen in fallout would have made sense if developed to have full party generation. As much sense as almost every game with full party generation. Saying something so chock full'o nonsense as fallout wouldn't have made sense is senseless since it never made sense to begin with. A game should strive to be the best game it can be with the best systems developed for it with more and more options given to the player to create and develop his or her own characters and decide how they interact with the world. I have never played a game that made objective sense. A game that made sense would be boring as fuck.

Since neither FO1 nor 2 were boring, (other than the shitty combat), I can deduce without knowing anything else that they certainly did not make a lick of sense.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Also the game that VD stated inspired him to become a game developer had full party creation (PoD).

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

I meant a game where party dynamics play a large role, where putting together a good team is not an instant process. Read my goals here:

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,7120.0.html

Reading is for losers. Full party generation is for winners.

decaf

Learned
So would there be security systems to fiddle with like cameras, tripwires and stuff?

Johannes

Arcane
Carpets aren't just for decoration but have their practical benefits too. The founders would be silly to never use them.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
image71.png
inb4 carpet rapiers added a melee weapon.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
#Carpetgate

Seriously guys, could you be less butthurt about this carpet thing, you're embarrasing Vince. Talk about nitpicking and autism, really shines through in this thread. Come on :)

Just be fucking thankful that we're getting a SCI-FI RPG from a dev that actually make great TB top-down iso RPGs in 2017.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
ITT I learned that the Codex can go many pages of posts about carpets and the lack of carpets without any lewd jokes. Truly, the last home of RPG nerdom.

hellbent

Augur
ITT I learned that the Codex can go many pages of posts about carpets and the lack of carpets without any lewd jokes. Truly, the last home of RPG nerdom.

Carpets are serious business. Along with crocheting and fisting.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Vault Dweller
The picture is called Dinah Zpsitvyetsk. Can you tell us what "Zpsitvyetsk" means? Is it her surname, is it a place (Dinah from Psitvetsk?) or is it just a word you used just because you wanted?
Calling StaticSpine , maybe he will know what it means.

On a different matter, I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned before (can't find it though) but will we fight in vacuum? Will there be places like on the graphic below, parts of the ship where air was pumped out (for scientific experiments for example):

Breached_Hull_zpszy0aenup.jpg

It could be a cool encounter and unique experience to suddenly hear nothing. And while we're talking about sound, will we hear differently in huge, empty spaces than in spaces full of carpets where the sound would be dulled/dampened? Will there be echo and other complications that should arise or will it be very basic?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Vault Dweller
The picture is called Dinah Zpsitvyetsk. Can you tell us what "Zpsitvyetsk" means? Is it her surname, is it a place (Dinah from Psitvetsk?) or is it just a word you used just because you wanted?
Random file name by photobucket. They always do it:

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/vdweller1/Toll-Road_zpsqxybflvd.jpg

On a different matter, I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned before (can't find it though) but will we fight in vacuum?
No as it would require a brand new set of animations.

Will there be places like on the graphic below, parts of the ship where air was pumped out (for scientific experiments for example):
Each concept art shows an existing location, we don't have flavor only concepts.

Aenra

VD, if you don't have a particular reason for choosing photobucket, you might consider switching to something else.

(in full compliance with our librul, incloosive times, photobucket blocks all images if it detects Adblock or similar software. Not sure how many people will go through all the clicking required just to look at a screenshot).

Vault Dweller

Developer
VD, if you don't have a particular reason for choosing photobucket...
None whatsoever. Any suggestions? I used dropshots for awhile but it's not very reliable (images disappears and I have to re-upload them and update posts all the time).

Aenra

hmm..
Imgur doesn't block, but i'm not sure if it's 'appropriate' for you. All over the place, too many memes, etc. In terms of practicality though, it's become my number one choice.
Postimage appears to also be open. Likewise with imageshack.

I do however need to remind at this point that i'm not the average/contemporary internet user, so maybe someone else should chip in? :)

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Vault Dweller
Calling StaticSpine , maybe he will know what it means.
I can't even read this word :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom