Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cold Fusion: A Steampunk Inspired Post Apocalyptic RPG

Dragula

Augur
    • An old west motif creates a steampunk inspired dystopic setting.
    • Multiple-solution format supports diverse play-styles and replay value, and multiple potential endings dependent on the players choices. These will be REAL separate endings. Not a "different color explosion" ending, and not a "which button you pushed in the last 30 seconds" ending we've seen in some recent games. Who is in your party, who lived and died in your adventure, even what items you decided to bring along will affect your end of game options.
    • Enemies will detect and pursue the player, confrontation is not always the best option.
    • All enemies are in-map. Combat is a tactical choice and there will be no random encounters. Cold Fusion is a puzzle/mystery game at its core, and random encounters would interrupt the player's thought process.
    • Survivalist skills of the player will be tested, poor decisions will result in real, permanent consequences to the player and their party. For example: Using a found whiskey still correctly can yield liquor, however mistakes can create poison or possibly explosions.
    • Leveling system is based on equipment and skills growth, not battle experience. This is to encourage the player to scavenge areas and make survival choices.
    • Player interactions with NPC's significantly influence gameplay. To do what it takes survive, you will need a silver tongue, fleet foot, deep pockets, or an itchy trigger. The choice is yours.
    • Party members are the choice of the leader, but be warned that in this harsh and lawless world, you will not be able to bring everyone with you and situations may force the player to choose between being a friend and being a survivor.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/648671245/cold-fusion-secular-equilibrum-a-post-apocalyptic

It's 1/3 funded and has 12 days to go. Whether or not it makes it is really hard to say.

Would you like to see more steampunk inspired post-apocalyptic games? It seems to be a underused setting as far as RPGs goes.

zeitgeist

Magister
Clicked on the video. Listened to the guy describe the opening cinematic first. Listened to him describe the story second. Gave up.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
screenshot1.JPG
46b5aaa27d902f56b8c7fa7891a1c07a_large.jpg

So, yeah

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It's good that those graphics are placeholder because that's a really shoddy work with the tiles there.

We want this game to be available to all players, so we've done our best to keep system requirements at a minimum. The resolution is low by modern standards - which helps to mimic classic console graphics. Our goal is to make it possible for anyone with a base model PC or laptop to play!
I hear those RPG Maker XP games can get p. hardware heavy. :M

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Sounded very promising until I saw the artwork.
What the fuck is it with ruining games with this fucking childish fucking anime fucking shit?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
People pay for RPG Maker games? Also, nothing spells out post-apocalyptic steampunk like a nice rural farm land. All these faggots need to do is add zombies as an important plot point and they'll have the holy trinity of hipster genres.

oscar

Arcane
:lol:

Charging for an RPG Maker game? I'm also getting pretty fucking sick of post apocalyptic anything.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wasn't the adventure To The Moon made with RPG Maker? It costs around 10 bucks.

But yeah, that looks like shit.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
I don't see any post-apocalyptic, RPG, or game at all.

Pretty sure this is a joke unless the author is another Prosperous fellow.
What's sad is seeing kickstarters being used like this. It won't be long before they fall out of favor.

Mortmal

Arcane
From the description to the screenshots.. indeed quite a shock, please refrain posting about rpgmakers stuff, theres plenty enough at hongfire.

Dragula

Augur
Also loving how everyone did not reply to the question of this topic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom