Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition Codexian Wasteland 2 Location + Statue Fund-Raising Drive

hiver

Codex should be a random encounter... im only not sure with what skills proficiency or mastery it should be tied with.

jewboy

Arbiter
Not wanting to ruin everyone's parade here, but this is a horrible, horrible idea. Or, rather, the whole thing with ingame NPCs\statues\shrines as rewards is horrible - I understand that first Wasteland was not famous for most coherent or serious setting and atmosphere, but do you think that having pretty much entire locations composed of nothing but rabid fanboys will do anything good to the game? I mean, look at the nameless mod - gameplay-wise, it was awesome, but that forum-city setting was absolutely cringe-worthy, especially since could never be consistent in whether all of that was real or just a forum game. But I digress - just ask yourself, do you think that finding such statue in F2, for example, would've been cool? Do you really think so? I just don't see how it fits the postapocalyptic wastelands, really.

I have to agree with this. Just because fans suggest a particular award doesn't mean you should actually go ahead with it if it would interfere with the integrity of the game. Remember this is a post-apoc setting. Not fantasy. Where are they going to put all these statues?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Where are they going to put all these statues?

Up your fucking arse, that's where.

I trust the developers have, you know, actually thought about this beforehand and have an idea worked out about how to tastefully do this (I'm thinking something akin to Golgotha here, but even if not I'm not worried) and the NPCs won't even be noticeable, as has already been stated.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Only 30 digital copies ? You'll need at least 150 copies for the 5000 donation.

So I propose to forget about the stupid statues, just have one shrine dedicated to the codex and ask for more digital copies.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Just get your copy through kickstarter and add whatever you'd like towards the statue, or count on your donation to end in the top 30 or whatever floats your boat. I'm sure we'll have some competition or lottery as well because we're all bro's.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Only 30 digital copies ? You'll need at least 150 copies for the 5000 donation.

So I propose to forget about the stupid statues, just have one shrine dedicated to the codex and ask for more digital copies.
There is going to be a statue for each $5000 and $10000 contribution. If we manage to get the necessary $5000, we'll get 1 (ONE) statue, so the whole talk of "statueS" is misguided. The devs will figure out how to tastefully fit in the statues from all contributors, but it's not our job or business how they'll handle the statue of Mike Capps or anybody else's.

As for the digital copies, many of the people who donated/will donate for the Codex statue, have donated/will donate directly to the W2 Kickstarter as well and will get their own [digital/boxed/collector's/etc.] copies from there, so not everybody needs one of the 30 from the Codex. Me and some others have already stated that we renounce any claim to the 30, because this isn't about getting that, it's about getting the Codex in W2.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There is going to be a statue for each $5000 and $10000 contribution. If we manage to get the necessary $5000, we'll get 1 (ONE) statue, so the whole talk of "statueS" is misguided.

Brian Fargo has promised us a SHRINE, not just a statue for our $5000. :P Normally, a shrine is in the $10,000 tier, but apparently he wants to be friends. :) He's just a nice guy, really.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
The statues will be tastefully done, but will in game rape be just as tasteful? These are the important questions, people!!! I donated $75 to the kickstarter and will do $50 to my beloved codex. There seems to be a way to do credit card payments...I will try it after my wife goes to work so she doesn't know I am giving money to a bunch of degenerates.

jewboy

Arbiter
I'm not sure I would characterize someone who wants to be friends with The Kodex as a "nice guy". It's like making friends with a serial killer who keeps severed heads in his basement for sexual gratification. Maybe he will put in just a touch of preteen "tasteful" rape/necrophilia in our honor. I just hope Fargo knows what he's doing with this statue business. Having said that some kind of morph of the statue of liberty with MCA's codex troll might be interesting.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
See, the use of the word "tastefully" is a good example of an Codex inside joke that will go unnoticed by anyone unfamilliar with the Codex. Let's see how we could work that in there.:D

Destroid

Arcane
This sort of thing would fit right in with fallout 2 (which had plenty of pop culture references), and from reading a bit of the wasteland lets play that game is even more wacky.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
The gold bars should be moved up to the top right corner where the Hot topics used to be. That way people will see it every time they hit the front page.

Kz3r0

Arcane
American Hare as tribute to Wasteland's bunny, double layered joke.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I donated $50 using a credit card without opening a paypal account, so if you were able to donate to kickstarter, you will be able to donate to the Codex. It sort of caught me off guard when my email receipt said that I had donated to someone that I didn't know until I realized that person must be the one who owns the donation paypal account.

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
Not wanting to ruin everyone's parade here, but this is a horrible, horrible idea. Or, rather, the whole thing with ingame NPCs\statues\shrines as rewards is horrible - I understand that first Wasteland was not famous for most coherent or serious setting and atmosphere, but do you think that having pretty much entire locations composed of nothing but rabid fanboys will do anything good to the game? I mean, look at the nameless mod - gameplay-wise, it was awesome, but that forum-city setting was absolutely cringe-worthy, especially since could never be consistent in whether all of that was real or just a forum game. But I digress - just ask yourself, do you think that finding such statue in F2, for example, would've been cool? Do you really think so? I just don't see how it fits the postapocalyptic wastelands, really.

It could be something like a weird cult praying to the old gods and a side-quest you know. Or a company of some sort. Or a bar named "The Old Troll". Or as I said in another thread, an old peoples' home with tranny nurses and grumpy oldfags.

I mean, it's an RPG, imagination is a huge pillar of the genre.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I'm not sure I would characterize someone who wants to be friends with The Kodex as a "nice guy". It's like making friends with a serial killer who keeps severed heads in his basement for sexual gratification. Maybe he will put in just a touch of preteen "tasteful" rape/necrophilia in our honor. I just hope Fargo knows what he's doing with this statue business. Having said that some kind of morph of the statue of liberty with MCA's codex troll might be interesting.
Away with you, troll-alt.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Hmmm, I'm considering withdrawing my kickstarter pledge and giving it to glorious kodex, but I dun wanna skip getting the game itself.

How about we agree that I'll give all geld to Codexia and promise to write a review once the game is out for one copy from the fund? M:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hmmm, I'm considering withdrawing my kickstarter pledge and giving it to glorious kodex, but I dun wanna skip getting the game itself.

How about we agree that I'll give all geld to Codexia and promise to write a review once the game is out for one copy from the fund? M:

How much is all your gold? Chances are, you'll make it into the top 30 anyway if your donation is large enough.

If not, then I'm willing to gift you my digital copy. I'm upping my pledge to $250 for a signed box, so I'll have two digital copies anyway.

(Also, I too want to write a review. :P)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Yeah, I guess you'll need something to occupy you since Risen 2 is off the cards :smug:

Pretty much :balance:

How much is all your gold? Chances are, you'll make it into the top 30 anyway if your donation is large enough.

All my gold is low as hell because I'm but a simple potato with no job, so I only paid the basic 15$ to kickstarter and a symbollic 10$ to the 'dex fund

Aw, fuck it, withdrawing Kickstarter now. For the glory of Codexia.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You'll have a looong time to plan that review. I have to say, it is kinda weird to get so hyped about a game that's gonna be released in late 2013

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I just keep picturing this dumbfuck sitting in his office throughout this whole campaign doing this:
:hearnoevil:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom