Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán raises an eyebrow. "Huh. Maybe we do have to open them. ...At the same time? Sod it, I was never good at this game. Rhenmyr, let's say we both just open them."

Siveon

Bot
Marcán grins. "Force. Good 'ol blunt force. Does this sound okay magic-dog-person?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Sorry for the long delay, just got back home after a long "Turkey Day" weekend

The dog cocks his head to the side and whines at Marcán's suggestion. He yips and barks at Ker a couple of times and the impression he gives you is that the two boxes are meant to touch in some way.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Also if anybody is interested I have a "coupon" for a free download copy of DCC RPG ($24 value) that you should be able to redeem at RPGnow. I'll send the link to the first person who PMs me - It came with the DCC RPG kickstarter as a reward and I already have a copy

I'm getting the responses. Just waiting. Cormac doesn't want to get blown up by weird magic or potentially release a demon by touching the two boxes together.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ker plays with the two boxes next to the dog, putting them on top of each other, side by side and everything he can think of until the dog reacts.

Sorry, I again missed the update :-/

nikolokolus

Arcane
The boxes are all in almost all respects the same, save for size. The box Rhenmyr has been carrying around is about 3 inches in each dimension, whereas the newly found box is about 5 inches on each side.

After a bit of trial and error of placing one box this way and the other that way you eventually turn them and touch them so that the bottoms of each are touching. With no warning the two boxes "snap" together and fuse. Try as you might, you can't separate them with all of your strength.

The dog begins to bark excitedly, which Ker (and everyone else with the slighest knowledge of dogs) easily interprets as hearty approval. Ker does make out one string of the dog's barks that immediately forms the image of a branch or a stick.

nikolokolus

Arcane
With the naked eye, the boxes appear to exactly the same, save that the join between them is utterly gone. They look as if they were forged of a single piece.

Siveon

Bot
"Didn't one of you pick up some sort of staff or rod or somethin'? Maybe it's that. "

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Yeah, who has the heavy stick. It might attach to the boxes. Hand it over." Rhenmyr tries attaching the rod to the boxes.

nikolokolus

Arcane
As soon as Rhenmyr touches the fused boxes with the silver rod something very odd and mind-bendingly hard to watch occurs. the boxes seem to "fold" inward on themselves (for lack of a better word) but the more you concentrate on the box the more it might be more appropriate to say that everything else around you is turning itself inside out.

Each of you can sense in your peripheral vision the walls, ceiling and floor doing impossible and unimaginable things. Your heads swim and each of you feel simultaneously giddy with euphoria and sick to your stomachs. This feeling persists for what feels like a period of time that could be fractions of a second or centuries - you have all lost any sense of perspective and do your best to keep your wits as you feel your connection with the natural world slipping away.

Just when the feeling of this "unreality" feels as if it will last forever your perception suddenly and sickeningly is wrenched back to a tangible frame of reference. The urge to pat at your limbs and face to make sure everything is where it is supposed to be is overwhelming and much to your relief everything seems to be in order.

When you all regain your bearings the room were in before is gone and now find yourselves in a dimly lit chamber about 30 feet across with a shallow domed ceiling. There is a single arched door with pale yellow light filtering through it.

Siveon

Bot
Marcán takes a deep breath, and sighs. "I'll just forget that ever happened. Well, the only way to go is forward, I suppose." Marcán waves a hand at the arched door.

How's our health/magic? Are we still just as beat up as before?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"You're right Ker. Only magic cats from now on. Maybe magic foxes." Rhenmyr scans the room briefly with and without the mirror then pads toward the door to scout.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán takes a deep breath, and sighs. "I'll just forget that ever happened. Well, the only way to go is forward, I suppose." Marcán waves a hand at the arched door.

How's our health/magic? Are we still just as beat up as before?

You all rested for the night so everyone gained 1 HP per level + CON bonus in HPs. According to my notes Marcán has two wounds and Rhenmyr has three wounds. Let me know if that seems wrong.

Rhenmyr quietly slides across the glass-smooth floor of polished obsidian and scans his surroundings with the strange magic mirror "liberated" from the tower - nothing seems out of the ordinary, or rather everything is completely extraordinary, but otherwise exactly as it appears with no illusory bits.

Carefully poking your head through the arch reveals a dimly lit passage that veers off at a 45 degree angle from the domed chamber and looks to be about 30 feet long before terminating at another open archway. A soft orange light filters in from this open archway. The room beyond this open archway appears to be quite large, 40 feet beyond the end of the passage you can make out what looks like a low pedestal or plinth with some sort of glass "case" set on top of it - it's difficult to make any other details from this far away.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom