Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"We may need to put something in both eyes. The rod looks like it'll fit. Maybe the bone fits too."

nikolokolus

Arcane
The dog whimpers slightly when you extend your hand to take the bone from him and shakes his head twice before dropping the bone on the ground, he then turns and scampers off to the pile of bones where the strange aberration made its nest and you can just make out in the dim green light cast by the fluid-filled vats that he is rooting around and digging furiously.

In the meantime you line up the rod with the holes that make up the sculpted door's eyes and indeed it looks like it would slide into the right side perfectly but is slightly too large to fit in the left.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Lets see what friend dog is digging up before we try anything with this door." Rhenmyr gets out his shovel and helps the dog dig.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Grrrrrr! I'm still not really getting alerts. Sorry for the delay

You all follow the dog's lead back over to the shallow, refuse-filled pit and notice that the dog is scattering the bones with his paws and furiously nosing through the piles, apparently intent on finding something. Rhenmyr pulls out a small hand spade and joins in the ghoulish work and after a minute or two the mangy dog stops digging and points his nose directly at a small badly tarnished silver box (a box that isn't dissimilar to the one Rhenmyr's mentor gave to him just before setting out on his voyage to Illyria). He starts to yip and bark excitedly.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Good magic dog." Marcán pats the dog.

"Alright, so is this thing getting us out of here or what?"

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
"Why, there must be where the owner stashed his dog food for sure! You know, I could like take a rest and ask Cernunnos tomorrow to help me understand that magic dog of ours. Just saying."

"That sounds like a good idea. Maybe we should keep looking around the room, rest here until the morning and then continue our search after you can discuss what's going on with the dog."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr holds the two boxes up in his palms and compares them. While not exactly identical, they do bear a striking resemblance - exquisite workmanship, a lid that fits so perfectly you doubt you could slide a piece of parchment between the gap and perfectly cubic. When you turn them upside down you notice a tiny indentation in the center of each that looks like a jewelers' mark or perhaps a tiny rune or sigil of some sort (the symbol does not look familiar).

nikolokolus

Arcane
There's nothing about the boxes and the doors that seem related - no indentations, no patterns, no marks.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"My mentor gave me this one. It opened the front door. Perhaps they're keys to different worlds, since we seem to be elsewhere."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Cormac takes the boxes in hand turns them over, giving them a thorough investigation. There is no hasp, no visible hinge, and the surface of each box is smooth and tightly sealed. The one retrieved from the refuse heap by the dog is a fairly dirty and tarnished in comparison.

Siveon

Bot
"I'd rule for asking the magic dog about these box-keys. Or breaking the box, but I figure the latter might not be the smartest of moves."

Siveon

Bot
"Not magic, but maybe there's something on here I'm familiar with. Can I have a look, Cormac?"

I use Bardic Lore. 'Cause why not?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Psst, nikolokolus, I failed the roll.
Sorry for the delay, I got a little sidetracked the last couple of days.

The boxes are strange and you can tell that their means of manufacture is unlike anything you've ever seen before, but beyond that you know nothing about them and cannot recall ever reading or hearing of such before in your studies.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Might as well try Borric's sense danger on the boxes if you can.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom