Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
(Don't forget Crits do max damage)

I figured you would take care of it, as you did, but I'll mention the crit should it happen again. And if Ker doesn't brain me with random sling stones, wtf! I guess Ker really dislikes bugs.

"One down! Good job holding the line!"

nikolokolus

Arcane

I figured you would take care of it, as you did, but I'll mention the crit should it happen again. And if Ker doesn't brain me with random sling stones, wtf! I guess Ker really dislikes bugs.

Not a problem, just figured I should mention in case people might have forgotten. Maybe Ker rolled badly on purpose? He just can't bear to harm a creature even if it's a horribly mutated abomination. ;)

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Not a problem, just figured I should mention in case people might have forgotten. Maybe Ker rolled badly on purpose? He just can't bear to harm a creature even if it's a horribly mutated abomination. ;)

Even Ker thinks huge blood drinking insects should all burn to a crisp :)

Since there is a good chance I might sling a stone into the back of someones head attempting to hit a bug, I am going to wait.

nikolokolus

Arcane
(Marcán still gets an action)
The mangy dog hangs back growling menacingly, but makes no sign that it's willing to attack.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Since there is a good chance I might sling a stone into the back of someones head attempting to hit a bug, I am going to wait.

The men on the line thank you for keeping it together. Speaking of which: What, if anything, did Ker's panic throw accomplish/destroy?

nikolokolus

Arcane
The men on the line thank you for keeping it together. Speaking of which: What, if anything, did Ker's panic throw accomplish/destroy?
Hmmm, good question. By rule there's an equal chance to strike any combatant in the mêlée, so with equal numbers of friends and foes it's fifty-fifty.
60% chance to strike comrades [1d100] = 56: False if > 60%
Target of Ker's slingstone 1=Rhenmyr, 2=Sokrates, 3=Borric [1d3] = 3
In this case the projectile veers towards Borric, but sails harmlessly over his head (the first attack roll stands for any target the projectile might hit). It's been awhile since somebody tried to fire into combat and I forgot my own damn rules :P Thanks for reminding me Grimgravy :)

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If I'm not mistaken, is the door that me and Ker were guarding still closed, and at this moment almost everyone is situated near the burnt door?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
For the record, I'm pretty sure he Helly said Ker "panicked" and fired off "at random." I didn't take that as firing into our melee, but I'm happy with none of us being brained.

Siveon The door you and trigger happy Ker are at is closed. Cormac is somewhere in the middle of the room. Sokrates, Borric, and I are holding the line at the burnt door. One bug down. One? to go.

Siveon

Bot
I hate doors. Also, fixed.
Any chance I can save those rolls for later?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Are we ready for round 2 and keeping our initiative? If so, the three of us at the door will try to finish off the second bug.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Are we ready for round 2 and keeping our initiative? If so, the three of us at the door will try to finish off the second bug.
We're close, I was just waiting for Siveon's 'Open Doors' roll. I'm pretty swamped at work today, haven't had much time to post.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Unfortunately as Marcán kicks the door as hard as he can all he gets out of it is a shockwave that sends a pulse of pain through his foot.

ROLL INITIATIVE
Tick
[1d6] = 2
Borric and Sokrates
[1d6] = 6

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Initiative: [1d6] = 1
Marcán looks out for any moving targets in front of him.
It was a 3, but I didn't associate it with the campaign/ didn't link it.

Also, Internet down, using phone. It sucks.

nikolokolus

Arcane

Siveon

Bot
"So, who wagers that there'll be more of the little bastards elsewhere in this tower?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom