Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"I think it's plain to see how Nigh- I mean 'Oofa', got herself in this situation in the first place."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Assuming we're not all killed shortly, what are our plans? Lying low for a while or stirring up more trouble?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Ampelios sets his lit candle on a packing crate and pulls a dusty tarp back from a heap in the corner and lays it on the ground. Pwyll drags Oofa over to the makeshift blanket and lays her out, smoothing her blood crusted hair back with his hand. Ampelios spares a quick glance downward at her battered form and then walks over to the ladder and begins climbing with your weapons slung over his shoulder in the bundled cloak. He raps on the hatch *knock* *pause* *knock, knock, knock* and a few moments later a bolt can be heard being sliding back and the door opens, Ampelios turns and speaks, "I'll be right back. Just sit tight."

The door closes behind him and after several minutes of silence, Pwyll looks up and asks, "So what's your deal? Why did you attack the torturers? You seem to know Oofa, but I don't recall her ever mentioning you lot."

Siveon

Bot
"We only met her the other day. We found her in an alleyway with a hurt leg after pilfering some valuables from that lord or whassit, and she asked for our help. We lost her by the docks, and then found her again in the plaza. I don't like going back on my promises, so I went ahead with this dramatic escape plan.

You could say we're kind of a sentimental lot, eh fellas?"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Or maybe we are heartless scum, making allies where we see the possibility of pulling favours if we should. One way or the other, we have stepped in to save her. Twice. Make of that what you will'"

Siveon

Bot
"You'd call that a favor? Why, with your smell we should be the ones getting some sort of reward. Actually, I think we could all use bath after going through those sewers."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"She seems a nice enough girl. The crimes she's guilty of are unlikely to be the ones the Seekers charged her with. Justice wouldn't have been served with her public execution. And I can't say I appreciate what the Hyperboreans have done for civilization."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Pwyll flits his eyes back and forth as each of you speaks in turn, but otherwise holds his tongue until Rhenmyr finishes talking, "Oh . . . yeah . . ." his eyes go to the ground and his voice sort of just trails off.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Is this where you tell us you work the the Hyperborean establishment? That would be our luck of late."

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Is this where you tell us you work the the Hyperborean establishment? That would be our luck of late."
"Yes, who do you work for? I mean, who *are* you?"

Pwyll's eyes dart back and forth a little bit, perhaps uncomfortable with all of the attention he's getting.

"Oh no! To Hel with the Commoric Imperium! Shit, the only reason you all are here is that you showed you're willing to stick the knife and turn it in those torturing sons of whores. As for who we are . . . well I ain't really at liberty to say much, but you'll get yer chance to prove yerselves to Longknife . . . er . . . I mean my master soon 'nuff."

Almost as if on cue, a few moments later the trap door opens and Ampelios peers down into the room. "Alright you lot, come up one at a time. Here Pwyll take this and loop it around Oofa." He then drops a coil of rope with a loop tied into one end. Pwyll takes it and cinches it under Oofa's arms and over her breasts. Somebody above begins quickly and a little roughly hoisting her into the air.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Looking at Oofa's ascending form, Rhenmyr says, "Fair enough Pwyll. I hope medical attention waits for her above. Up we go, gentleman. Let's see just what we've gotten ourselves into." Rhenmyr starts climbing up.

nikolokolus

Arcane
One by one you ascend and in short order you find yourself in a strangely appointed room. The walls are draped in thick red curtains and a large bed with nothing but a bare mattress sits in the center of the room. The smell of perfume and stale sweat is almost overpowering.

Oofa is laid out on the bed still unconscious. Ampelios is standing near the bed and is fidgets nervously, casting wary glances at a masked woman who is sitting next to him at the edge of the bed. She is dressed in the ostentatious garb of a whore or perhaps a madame (all gauzy silks and made to accentuate certain features). Her hands are folded neatly in her lap where she appears simultaneously serene but imperious. Four large man are also in the room, each reflexively clenches their massive fists around truncheons and short swords.

When Rhenmyr emerges from the trap door one of the men quickly strides over and grabs you roughly by the arm and drags you into the center of the room where he barks, "On your knees! Now!"

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
"I believe the answer you were looking for, Rhenmyr, was 'deep shit'." Marcán whispers as he slowly inches toward the center, arms raised and sits on his knees beside Rhenmyr.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ker enters the room to see his companions kneeling before the masked lady. "I kneel for no one but the gods, my lady, but please do not take it as a mark of disrespect."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Two of the heavy boned brutes at the woman's side start to surge forward, but the woman seated at the edge of the bed lightly waves her hand to forestall them. In a weary or perhaps bored voice, she casually intones, "Tis no matter, stand if you wish . . . You may all stand if you wish." After a moment she leans forward a little resting her forearm on her thigh. "Now then, let's get down to business shall we? Who are you five that I've never seen in my city that so brazenly attack the Emperor's most loyal dogs and why? And please don't disappoint me by dissembling." She adds those last words and sort of lets them hang in the air, seeming to imply unpleasantness might follow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom