Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

nikolokolus

Arcane
Archer's surprise roll [1d6] = 6

You pick your way carefully across the slate tile roof but one of the tiles comes loose about half-way across, alerting the archer to your approach. Before you are able to skewer the man with your spring-loaded toe blade, He turns his hooded face and levels his bow at you with about ten feet separating you and he. He looks at you with a confused expression and utters, "Who the fuck are you? He then growls, "Get gone you oaf before the Seekers spy my location!"

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wait, so I peek my head in before I move - I'm trying to see what happened to Sokrates.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Wait, so I peek my head in before I move - I'm trying to see what happened to Sokrates.

Sokrates' saving throw [1d20] = 14 vs. 12
The simple paladin doesn't appear to have suffered any ill effects from the Seeker's spell as he is hovering over the prone form of the lead Seeker, brandishing his sword and readying himself for the assault he likely faces from the two other Seekers and single guard who is nearby.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"They've not seen me yet, you dullard, but we keeping arguing and they will. Just shoot them already." Borric replies in an even tone, taking caring not to raise his voice too much.
He then looks around the rooftops for stones, bricks etc. which he could use as a distraction.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The hooded man pauses for half a beat, as if he's pondering something, then whips around and looses his arrow.

Archer on the roof attack roll [1d20+3] = 16+3 = 19 damage [1d6] = 5

And another

Archer on the roof, second shot [1d20+3] = 14+3 = 17 damage [1d6] = 3

They both fly swiftly and true finding their mark in the Seeker who is standing closest to Nightingale. One pierces his thigh, the other his neck. At which point he topples forward lifeless.

Meanwhile Borric spots something out of the corner of his eye - someone on the roof on the opposite side of the street. A figure pops up from the top of the flat warehouse roof and rains down two arrows in quick succession.

Second Archer's shots [1d20+4] = 18+4 = 22, [1d20+4] = 16+4 = 20 damage [1d6] = 1, [1d6] = 2

They also fly true and hit the second Apprentice, jutting from his shoulder and his forearm. The man is wounded but doesn't appear gravely so.

The lead Seeker is still flat on his back, but is trying to rise (melee attacks against him are at +2 to-hit, missile weapons are -2 this round).

Borric looks around for something to throw and notices the slate tile that came loose when he stepped on it. It might make for a decent improvised projectile.

Siveon

Bot
Whew, thought we lost our Hulk there for a second.

Marcan sprints toward Sokrates in case he needs any help. he does so whilst repeating his verses.

I.e got lazy.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcan sprints toward Sokrates in case he needs any help, he does so whilst repeating his verses.

I.e got lazy.

I hope you don't feel like you have to write sonnets and verse. Not to say the effort isn't appreciated, but I definitely don't expect it.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Marcan sprints toward Sokrates in case he needs any help, he does so whilst repeating his verses.

I.e got lazy.

I hope you don't feel like you have to write sonnets and verse. Not to say the effort isn't appreciated, but I definitely don't expect it.

You might not expect it, but the Codex demands it! The Codex wants, nay NEEDS, a Keltic battle Haiku!

Siveon

Bot
Actually, fuck it, I'm writing more terrible poetry. I just got back from two 3 hour tests and I need to use my imagination.

Marcán shouts at the top of his lungs the ending of his little poem.

"So come all ye men
Muster your courage and will
It is our time!

Our time to win,
To free the bird from her cage,
From their sorry hands!"

Ask and ye shall receive. Also, I've been holding back that bird pun for about a week now.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán dashes across the open square. The guard at Sokrates' back catches you out of the corner of his eye and he moves to intercept you with his kopis held in front of him and his shield raised.

As it stands now I need to know if Borric intends to hurl his piece of slate tile (-4 to-hit because it's at long range and somewhat improvised) and then all of the the rest of the party will be in melee phase

Sokrates and the remaining Seekers/guards attack last in the round.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Anything special about trying to incapacitate (don't want to kill human guards) the guard in the net? I don't have a sap, but can club him in the head with the hilt of a dagger or spear but?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"You're lucky your my friend you just stabbed and I aren't your enemies. If we were we'd be cutting your throat or poking you full of holes. Have a nice nap while we stop the real Evil ones from murdering a young girl."
With the guard at our mercy do I need to roll to knock him out?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Attacks against the guard hit automatically and Ker can either use the butt end of his weapon or if you desire to do so there's a wooden stool close at hand.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
As Rhenmyr finishes speaking, Ker grabs the nearby stool and knock the guard on the head. "Fool. Rhenmy, get some nets and help the others. I'll get one too and cover you from here"
Two questions: Do I need bandages right now, and is there a window I could open that might let me throw some stones?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
If Ker's blow doesn't knock out the guard, Rhenmyr give him a whack with the but of his spear. When the guard is out cold, he'll grab a net and prepare to join the fray outside.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric's attempt at hurling the piece of slate proves fruitless. The tile flies in an erratic arc over the roof and lands some 20 feet short of its target shattering against the cobbles.

I can knock out this guy without sneaking up on him, right?

Be a little more specific. The guy that Sokrate's flattened? He's prone, not helpless (yet) so you'll attack at +2 to-hit. If you're trying to add to Sokrate's overbearing attack you can roll to-hit and then do an opposed check (d6 per level or hit die +/- Strength to-hit bonus).

Siveon

Bot
Borric's attempt at hurling the piece of slate proves fruitless. The tile flies in an erratic arc over the roof and lands some 20 feet short of its target shattering against the cobbles.

I can knock out this guy without sneaking up on him, right?

Be a little more specific. The guy that Sokrate's flattened? He's prone, not helpless (yet) so you'll attack at +2 to-hit. If you're trying to add to Sokrate's overbearing attack you can roll to-hit and then do an opposed check (d6 per level or hit die +/- Strength to-hit bonus).

The guard that's moving to intercept me. On one-to-one combat, can I opt to knock him out instead of killing him? Like, hit him with the backside of my blade or the blunt of my hilt. I'm not too keen on killing guards, but Seekers are free-game as far as me (and my character) cares.

nikolokolus

Arcane
You can certainly strike to subdue with any weapon. Rule of thumb is half damage is real, other half is temporary subdual damage. If subdual damage and real damage exceeds hit-points the character/creature is knocked unconscious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom