Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

nikolokolus

Arcane
FYI: 1 hex = 10'

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr ducks into the alley to the west, looking for a way to get around to the north and behind the enemy.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I just noticed, for the initiative order you put my username instead of my character's name. I know my name is a bit fantastical, but damn. :lol:

So uh, if I would want to say...chuck my spare longsword at one of those spellcasters what would I roll?

nikolokolus

Arcane
I just noticed, for the initiative order you put my username instead of my character's name. I know my name is a bit fantastical, but damn. :lol:

So uh, if I would want to say...chuck my spare longsword at one of those spellcasters what would I roll?

Dammit! Sorry about that, but serves you right making me press ALT+0225 to type your character name each time ;)

As for your chances of hurling your longsword it would take a minor miracle at this distance (50'). . . but if you roll a natural twenty it's all yours.

FYI, for anybody still surrounded by the crowd, movement is 1/2 speed unless you pass a strength check against 4d6 each round.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric decides to head for the low roofs.

Roll a 4d6 strength check to see if you get your full movement rate or half, if you succeed then you reach the nearest building with little difficulty. You can then attempt to climb for your action. (roll a saving throw with +2 added to the roll).

Rhenmyr ducks into the alley to the west, looking for a way to get around to the north and behind the enemy.

Roll a 4d6 strength check (the same conditions as Borric) If you make it to the alley I'll let you know when you are able to circle back to the square. There are also some low eaves on the buildings to the west if you want to try and climb them.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Ker will try to stay low in the crowd after putting is hood back on

Sorry, but you couldn't stand out any more if you were a flag waving in the wind. If you want to dive into the crowd remember people are fleeing from you! There's no telling what kind of reaction you'll create . . .

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ker will try to stay low in the crowd after putting is hood back on

Sorry, but you couldn't stand out any more if you were a flag waving in the wind. If you want to dive into the crowd remember people are fleeing from you! There's no telling what kind of reaction you'll create . . .
Ah...
Ker'll just run into the nearest building then. Becoming the center of attention of the whole plaza wasn't the goal here :M

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric bull rushes the crowd around him and sends several people sprawling on to the filthy cobbles. He makes for the alley and leaps up grabbing hold of the eaves and with a great surge heaves himself up on to the roof (Borric is now out of the direct line of sight of the guards and the Seekers)

Ker dashes to his left and grabs hold of the door handle. The door swings outward and he plunges headlong into the dimly lit space. Nets are everywhere; hanging from the ceiling, heaped on tables and it appears no one is home.

Rhenmyr tries to push against the crowd, fighting for the alley but he gets hung up in the press. Slowed he still manages to make it to the edge of the street, but not quite into the alley and out of sight.

Sokrates rushes the guard nearest him with his shield raised in front in an attempt to overbear the man.

Siveon

Bot
ALT+0225? Holy crap I've just been copying & pasting "á" all this time. Cool.

I also have no idea where I can go.

Strength Check: [4d6] = 18

Márcan heads for any sort of cover, be it a house, a corner, or an alleyway. The first one he sees. If he gets there, he starts reciting at the top of his lungs.

Warriors, Fighters, Survivors,
Jokers, Scholars, Hunters.
This is who we are.

Courageous, Ingenious,
Stubborn, Headstrong, Delirious,
This is what we are.

We will brave the lands, we will right the wrongs,
We will overpower those who dare get in our way,
For this, this is what we do.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
There's lots of ways to type letters with diacritics, but I've found this reference pretty handy http://www.keynotesupport.com/websites/special-characters-international-letters.shtml (just remember you have to type the numbers on the number pad).

Marcán follows hot on Rhenmyr's heels, where pushing across the momentum of the crowd proves enormously difficult, but he manages to nearly reach the edge of the alley. Clear of the crowd he begins bellowing out a bit of prose poetry that cuts through the din - a clarion call to his companions and those of like mind.

Without warning, those of you that can still see the courtyard hear the unmistakable whistle of arrows, two bounce harmlessly off of the lead Seeker's armor and two more skip harmlessly off of the cobbles.

The first guard bolts after Ker and plunges through the open door of the building he disappeared into. The second guard braces himself for Sokrates' bull rush and two of the Seekers continue their incantation, while the third hovers over Nightingale's form on the ground with his sword held in front of him as he scans the eastern edge of the square (presumably where the arrows came from).

nikolokolus

Arcane
Melee and Spells Phase:

Make your attacks or perform a second movement action (Borric excluded, since his climbing attempt counts as his action for the round).

Siveon

Bot
Am I in range to charge Guard 2?

EDIT: Hell, am I in range to charge anyone?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Am I in range to charge Guard 2?

EDIT: Hell, am I in range to charge anyone?

Not this round (that would have needed to happen in your movement phase), but next round the lead Seeker and the two nearest watchmen would definitely be in range provided they haven't moved much.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"I''ll aid Ker, then we'll come back you guys up." Rhenmyr says to Marcán.

Rhenmyr follows Ker and the guard into to building, looking to take the guard unawares (with a net if possible).

nikolokolus

Arcane
You can definitely grab a net, Rhenmyr won't be able to attack this round since you are moving as an action in the melee phase, but he will be able to in the second round.

An updated map with everybody's current position.

aKtgtSg.png

nikolokolus

Arcane
So, Ker is up first. A guard comes bursting through the door of the dimly lit workshop/storage with his short sword held low in front of him across his roundshield.

Meanwhile Sokrates lets out a guttural yell as he lowers his shoulder and attempts to sprint past the guard and slam into the lead Seeker as the guard takes a swipe at him as he passes by

Guard 2's attack vs. Sokrates [1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14 dmg [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4

but the guard's sword glances harmlessly off of his shield.

Sokarates' Bull rush [1d20+4] = 20+4 = 24 overbearing roll [1d6+2] = 6+2 = 8 vs Seeker's roll [3d6] = 6

The reckless Kimmerian smashes into the Seeker with the full weight of his shield and sends the towering Hyperborean flat on his back, flying across the flagstones of the square, ruining his spell and probably his day.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane

nikolokolus

Arcane
The second Seeker's spell goes off, an unseen force grips at Marcán and you feel a cold wave of numbness claw into your limbs.

Marcán needs to roll a saving throw.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom