Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

nikolokolus

Arcane
In the interest of keeping things moving, I'll assume you're all following suit at this point.

One by one you enter the tunnel. Everyone that is except Erasmos, He stands huddled in the dark shivering and staring blankly at the light cast by Ker's lantern. He doesn't get violent when prodded, but he seems implacable and resolute in not moving.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Well, that takes care of the big thug. That is unless anyone want to go back for him.

nikolokolus

Arcane
After blindly pushing yourselves along in the pitch black for about a minute, you each surface one by one in the dark of night that seems almost bright by comparison to the lightless warrens of the Undercity.

Waves lap at you as you each gather your bearings. Faint light cast from torch or lantern, limns the slats of a pier overhead and the creaking of boats fills the air. You glance to your left and just as Nightingale promised, there is a ladder that ascends about 20 feet away. A figure you assume to be Nightingale is slowly climbing its rungs.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Damn, forgot about that. I suppose we'll just have to wait here then." Marcán says as he lightly drums on the hilt of his blade.

"Hopefully without any troubles..."

nikolokolus

Arcane
The lot of you huddles in the chest deep water, chattering your teeth and rubbing your arms trying to keep warm. Ten minutes pass without a sign of Nightingale and the cold is really starting to seep into your bones

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Perhaps we should move out of the water? At the very least, climb on the ladder and hang tight."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"We'd best do something, or this cold will be the death of us." Rhenmyr replies looking around. "Does anyone see any options besides the ladder?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Everyone looks around in the gloomy darkness. To the right about 30 feet away you can make out two large shapes in the water that blots out some of the ambient light. You assume they are the hulls of boats. Behind you, about 15 feet away, the pier looks to be fixed against rough-hewn stone that dives sharply into the water. Currently you are all standing on a stone edifice of a sort that tops the tunnel you just emerged from. Judging from the size of the hulls to your right, you guess that the water is probably quite deep (swimming in armor heavier than leather will be difficult).

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Perhaps we can fasten some rope to those boats and climb up? Upon the Allfather, I have enough rope."

nikolokolus

Arcane
It's worth noting that while you've been waiting none of you have heard any footfalls or talking overhead. It's well into the night, perhaps midnight or later.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"I'll take a look." Rhenmyr cautiously climbs the ladder and will peek over the top before deciding whether to climb onto the pier.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr wades through the water as quietly as he can and carefully climbs the moss-slick ladder to a point where he can just peek over the top. Immediately surrounding the stairs you see some stacks of crates, coils of rope, nets and various other fishing paraphernalia and a lantern affixed to a pole casting a wan light in the misty gloom.

Scanning around reveals no sign of Nightingale, nor any other people, just an empty wharf. You look up over the crates and can just make out several masts outlined against the sky swaying in rhythm with the waves that lap at the sides of hulls. The air is full of the low noise of creaking ropes and timbers. At the edge of the pier (to your right about 50 feet) the darkened front of a warehouse blocks the rest of your view, beyond which you assume lies Lowtown.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr descends far enough to signal the others that no one seems to be around then climbs up and tries to stay hidden behind the crates until the others can join him.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Going on short trip, so I won't be able to post as frequently (or at all maybe) until 4/6.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Thanks for the heads up Grimgravy. I know bert is a pretty busy too with exams. So I'm thinking now might be a good time to take a break. For my own part, I have two weeks of field-work between the 6th and the 18th. I'll have internet (hopefully) some of the time, but I'll be in some really remote parts of Nevada so I can't make any guarantees.

So I guess I'm paging Allyj Siveon Helly ERYFKRAD. Is everybody OK with temporarily suspending the game? I'll send out a PM to each of you when I get back in town. Apologies to Allyj since you are just about to join up, but I think this will be better in the long run.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
I hope to be able to post every night, so I'd be fine with you guys continuing until you need to disappear into the wilds of Nevada. But, if you want to pause now, that's fine too.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Whatever floats your boat gentlemen. I suspect my internship would restrict my timings for posting as well, though I can certainly make a post everyday. Can probably sneak one in while working too, so there's that.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr keeps a look out while waiting for the others to join him on the pier.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom