Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr helps look for the lever. "I'd rather now find out what made that wail."

nikolokolus

Arcane
"A King tide? I dunno, once or twice a year I guess? I aint a sailor though." Nightingale replies, still frantically raking her hands through the damp sand.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr would like to make a knowledge check about the two moons causing this King tide. He was on a boat without much to do but study. I'm sure the moons and tides came up. What do I do?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhemyr scratches his head and appears to be deep in thought for a second or too. You're just sure your mentor Djivan or maybe the galley captain Dadagos told you something or other about moons and tides or something, and so forth, but it slips your mind.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Another minute goes by while Nightingale, Borric and Rhenmyr hastily grope on hands and knees, while Ker holds his lantern aloft. Finally, Borric hits his fingers on something hard and ring-like about a foot under the sand.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Nightingale wheels around excitedly. "Yes that's it!"

As if in reply the sound of the groaning wail erupts again, closer now . . .

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric pulls at the lever. "Come friends, clear the sand around this place so we can get through faster!"

nikolokolus

Arcane
When you pull the lever you see a slim crack suddenly appear in the far wall and a rush of cold, sea air rushes in blowing out candles and torches, but Ker's lantern remains lit.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr checks out the crack in the wall, looking to see if anything can be seen outside.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr moves to the crack and notices that part of the cave wall is an ingeniously hidden secret door made of stone sandwiched around a curved and contoured piece of metal by some unknown means. You push out with a fair bit of force and the door gives way grudgingly. Some of Ker's lantern light filters into the chamber beyond and you can make out part of a narrow tunnel or room. You look down and note a drop of about six feet into pitch black water of uncertain depth flooding the floor of the cave.

Nightingale responds to Ker, "I told you earlier I had a plan 'B' that I wasn't too thrilled about. Look on the bright side, at least now you Kelts will get your yearly bath!"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Just a bit of heads up, if I don't reply for awhile then I think it's safe to say that I'm actually enjoying PoE on my scheduled day off. Slánte!

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Everybody through the door, and lets get it shut behind us! I do NOT want the meet that wailing...thing." Rhenmyr says moving through the door.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"For a girl devoted to stealth and secrecy you sure are chatty." Marcan says as he follows Rhenmyr in.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr hangs from the lip of the door, his feet barely touching the surface of the still water. Nightingale speaks urgently, "It's not that deep; 3, maybe 4 feet tops. It's OK to let go." Rhenmyr takes her at her word and drops. He finds himself standing in cold brackish water up to the middle of his chest. Marcán enters next, followed by Borric, Ker, Hyginos, Nightingale, and Sokrates. Finally, Heron prods Erasmos in the back to move, but the gibbering giant begins violently shaking his head and refuses to jump.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Perhaps we'd have to drag the Vacant One through with some rope. Unless there is something in the water that can affect him."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Given his last experience with water, his reaction isn't surprising." Rhenmyr says. "Erasmos, water or screaming horror! Your choice!"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Erasmos doesn't react to Rhenmyr's prodding at all. Compounding matters, the bone melting wail erupts again . . . much, much closer this time, accompanied by an audible clicking and scraping noise, like a rusty nail dragged across stone.

Down in the watery tunnel you can't see much, but you look up and see Heron's face half-turned, full of fright. He shouts, "Here. Save the box." and stuffs the silver bound ebon chest of the Hyperborean wizard into Erasmos' arms and pushes him forward through the door where he falls face first with a loud splash. He then turns about with with his staff raised before him. Seconds later the source of his horror reveals itself; scuttling across the ceiling is a bituminous, humanoid shape with long, spindly arms and legs that end in wicked looking talons. Its prothagonous jaw gapes with row upon row of needle-like teeth and its bulging black eyes regards Heron with curious malice.

Roll for Initiative.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom