Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guys can we make it look like someone other than this girl here has been throwing things down from the roofs above? Hopefully that might cause these two to head to the other side to investigate? Something like- We heard noises this and when we got here someone dropped this bag on my niece's head? Though there could be a better bluff to roll, and yeah, really wary of attempting this with the charisma score I have.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hello? Bard? I have fuckin' 18 charisma, convoluted plans involving lies is my specialty. But, we already introduced ourselves at the gate and never revealed any family members or personal ties to this place, so "niece" probably wouldn't work. I dunno, say she was a beggar who thought we dropped our sack?

EDIT: Naw, but she doesn't look like a beggar. Damn.
EDIT EDIT: And no, I can't use bardic song. It only works on one-thing-per level and I'm only level 1.
EDIT EDIT EDIT: Well, niece could work if we say it's unexpected.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
A wise man once said, "Fuck it."

In the most casual face that Marcán can put on, "Nothing, sirs, just catching up with the daughter of an old friend of mine. We bumped into each other on the street, and wouldn't you know it - we heard something coming from this here alleyway. What we found y'see, was this sack. We checked it ourselves, nothing but houseware." Marcán gestures toward the sack the young thief is holding.

"If you want to take a look go right ahead. If'n you ask me it probably just came from some merchant's wares."

And now I sleep with this shoddy explanation in my dreams. Peace!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hello? Bard? I have fuckin' 18 charisma, convoluted plans involving lies is my specialty. But, we already introduced ourselves at the gate and never revealed any family members or personal ties to this place, so "niece" probably wouldn't work. I dunno, say she was a beggar who thought we dropped our sack?

EDIT: Naw, but she doesn't look like a beggar. Damn.
EDIT EDIT: And no, I can't use bardic song. It only works on one-thing-per level and I'm only level 1.
EDIT EDIT EDIT: Well, niece could work if we say it's unexpected.
Huh, I thought you had less CHA than 18 for some reason. And oh well, if it goes to hell, the hell with it.

Borric looks up and with an exclamation, "Guards, look! It seems someone has been robbing! Perhaps you may catch him while you still can! Friends, let us go help them!" With that he readies his maul and attempts to dash out of the street and towards the direction of the house that was robbed, hoping to lose the guards in the streets.

Oh boy. This is gonna be fun.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
So looks like we're not turning her in for expediency and points with the guard. This could get ugly fast. :negative:
Rhenmyr whispers "Best lose that mask and try to look innocent, girl. Druid, douse those faerie flames or this is going to look stupidly suspicious."

Rhenmyr tries to inconspicuously maneuver Erasmos to obstruct the guards view.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Just a head's up, Smashing Axe told me he is going to bow out of the game, so I'm going to open up another slot (maybe two?). I had people who expressed interest in the past and I'm going to let them know today and we'll see where it goes from there.

I'm going to let Helly tell me what Ker is doing, but right now the image of a person engulfed in eerie, eldritch flames, while everyone plays it cool and lies their asses off to the guards has me smiling.

Carry on.
:)

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Just a head's up, Smashing Axe told me he is going to bow out of the game, so I'm going to open up another slot (maybe two?). I had people who expressed interest in the past and I'm going to let them know today and we'll see where it goes from there.

I'm going to let Helly tell me what Ker is doing, but right now the image of a person engulfed in eerie, eldritch flames, while everyone plays it cool and lies their asses off to the guards has me smiling.

Carry on.
I can cancel them? I thought they were there to stay for at least one hour. Either way, Ker didn't cancel the flames before the guards arrived :)

nikolokolus

Arcane
Sorry to hear that Smashing Axe. I hope you don't mind if we use your character as a patsy now though. :P

Trust me, the wheels are turning in my head ;)

I can cancel them? I thought they were there to stay for at least one hour. Either way, Ker didn't cancel the flames before the guards arrived :)

There's no rule, for it, but common sense to me is that anything a caster creates they can cancel. But, yeah the guards came around the corner and saw the fireworks so to speak :D

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Sorry to lose Smashing Axe and Heron. Can we retroactively redistribute the box and key?

Wonderful. Stupidly suspicious is a given then. I can't stop laughing. My friends' glowing daughter and a bump in the night. I'm sure the guards will buy that! If it wasn't out of character for Rhenmyr, it would definitely by time to throw Heron under the bus, so to speak.

nikolokolus

Arcane
As the flames surrounding the thief flicker and dance, the guards look on in with obvious suspicion, spears at the ready. Marcán then casually slides into his story about chance encounters with old acquaintances; their faces scrunch up in confusion and even in the dim light you can see their raised eyebrows. In the middle of Marcán's con, Borric points up to the dangling rope hanging from the crenel and dashes out into the street shouting about burglars getting away. As Borric bolts, the short, lithe thief casually turns her head and removes her mask, blocked as she is by Erasmos' large frame.

Borric's actions strangely help somehow; introducing chaos and confusion into the equation breaks the guards' concentration on the actual words coming out of Marcán's mouth and this weird gambit has lessened the difficulty level. :)

While Borric's shouts, Rhenmyr is able to position Erasmos in-between the guards and the thief with no great difficulty.

Speaking of which, I need Marcán to roll an ability check. Your trying to stick the 'Triple Lutz' of bullshit stories so I need you to roll 4d6 minus your level and compare it to your Charisma score, If you roll less than or equal to it, you succeed and your character should probably seriously look into horse trading as an occupation. ;)

Last edited:

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Bahahahah, Marcan went full
omJwxDk.gif

nikolokolus

Arcane
Ahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha ... hahahahahahaha ... *ahem*

The words pouring out Marcán's mouth almost make each of you believe he's actually telling the truth. When he gets to the end of his story, the guards look up at the rope, then look at the woman engulfed in weird flame, then nearly fall over as the large Kurgan shoulders past them shouting. One of the guards nods and shouts at his comrade, "Right! You have our thanks friend. C'mon, let's get him! And take care, he's a sorcerer too!" The guard puts his hand on his helmet to keep it from falling into his eyes and sprints down the street. His associate puts some sort of wooden whistle to his lips and begins blowing on it with great urgency. "To arms! Thief!" Seconds later the half-dozen or so guards that were gathered around the stairs leading down to Lowtown can be heard running on the cobbled street before meeting the two gaurds in the middle of the avenue about 30 yards away from you. A moment or two of urgent conversation and pointing ensues before they all trundle off as a group through the district gate heading west, leaving you all in stunned silence. Borric then casually walks back to the the group apparently forgotten.

The thief in your midst, limps to the edge of the street, gapes at the spectacle, and then laughs disbelievingly, "You have got to be kidding me?! Ummm . . . say friends, I don't know who you are or what your business is, but you have my thanks . . . and . . . ummm . . . if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could one of you big, strong men carry me for a bit? Otherwise I'm afraid all of your theatrics will have been for naught when they wise up and come back in few minutes." She hobbles over to the wall and pulls one end of the rope and it piles up in a messy tangle. "Can't forget this, can I." She says with a wink before scooping it up and her sack of ill-gotten goods.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"You can ride my back." Rhenmyr kneels so she can get on. "Let get moving before they wise up! Which way m'lady?"

Siveon

Bot
"Reel it in man, you're coming on too strong." Marcán jokes as he starts to head out the alleyway. He couldn't help but smile, "Ancestors above and below, they actually bought it. Wait until Aodh hears about this. Ker, please back me up on this one when the time comes, they'll never believe me otherwise."

As the laughter and bemusement dies down, Marcán sees fit to ask.
"So, miss, are we gonna continue to call you 'Dead Meat if I go home empty-handed' or shall we actually get a name? "

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
The thief loops her arm over Rhenmyr's shoulder and bats her eyes coquettishly at him, "My aren't you the strong one? Thanks, but I'll just use you as a crutch; quicker that way." To Marcán she turns and thrusts out her pert little chin and says, "Nightingale!" The way she says it sounds as much of an answer as it does a challenge.

Hyginos snorts derisively, "What kind of cockamamie name is that!?"

She frowns deeply at Hyginos, her eyes like daggers.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
"Nightingale, huh? You know for a thief you're not exactly subtle. Well, I'll return the gesture." Marcán makes a halfhearted bow, "I am Marcán Macc Fionnghal. A bard by trade. It's a bit of a mouthful, so simply Marcán will have to do."

He scratches his head, "Right, so as we were saying... where to?"

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
"I'll remove those flames before we go. I don't think becoming a human torch would help you in your career, would it?. I'm Ker by the way."
By the way, why are we helping a thief already? I didn't sign up for that :argh:

Siveon

Bot
Well, I figure it won't take too long or rope us into anything serious.

Right?

RIGHT?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom