Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric aims for the wolf's neck.
To hit: [1d20+5] = 10+5 = 15
Damage: [1d6+2] = 6+2 = 8
Ooh, critical neck hit.
Er . . . I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you need a natural '20' to score a critical hit. Also, did you add +1 for the faerie fire on the wolf? If yes then you miss, if not then you hit.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Can Marcán start spitting hot bardic rhymes or is that another turn?
Bardic poetry takes two full rounds of uninterrupted recitation for it to take hold in the third round (i.e. if somebody successfully attacks you it's spoiled and can't be attempted until the next battle. Bardic singing requires your full attention like a spell, so no attacks or other actions that round (and it needs to be declared at the beginning of the round.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ooh, critical neck hit.
Er . . . I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you need a natural '20' to score a critical hit. Also, did you add +1 for the faerie fire on the wolf? If yes then you miss, if not then you hit.
I meant max damage, not crit, soz. And no, didn't add faerie fire bonus, only str and spear boni.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Ooh, critical neck hit.
I meant max damage, not crit, soz. And no, didn't add faerie fire bonus, only str and spear boni.
In subsequent rounds don't forget to add strength bonus to damage in addition to the spear's magical enhancement to damage (should be 1d6+4)
With the Wolf seemingly preoccupied with Ker's shield and Marcán's weird hair rope looped around its foot, it gets skewered in the shoulder by Borric wielding Dubh Sleagh. Thick gouts of black ichor are now slowly pulsing from a half-dozen wounds. The Wolf looks badly bloodied, but no less enraged and in the fight.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The wolf bears down on Marcán since it can do little else while ensnared and rakes him viciously with his claws inflicting 6 hit points of damage. Marcán is still standing but is very badly wounded, but bravely holds on to the tether between himself and the wolf.

Moments later another crackling bolt of black energy erupts from Urash's fingers as he finishes some incantation and it strikes the wolf, badly singing its fur (this damage is already accounted for in my post above about the wolf's condition).

nikolokolus

Arcane
Llywelyn ap Gruffydd From what you wrote I'm guessing you dithered and held back this round?

Brule thrusts at the wolf with his sword, pressing and abandoning his guard (+1 to-hit, -2 AC)
Brule's sword attack [1d20+4] = 16+4 = 20 damage [1d8+1] = 7+1 = 8
His blade bites deep and thick pulses of blood spurt out into the stream flowing under its feet. The wolf looks sorely wounded now.

Round 4
Rhenmyr & Borric
Marcán and the Wolf
Urash
Cormac
Ker
Mab & Brule

nikolokolus

Arcane

nikolokolus

Arcane
Mab rushes forward to thrust at the beast, but he slips and drives the point of his spear into the ground and snaps the spear point off at the tip. The weapon is ruined.

With the beast held fast by Marcán, Borric crouches low and thrusts with the might Dubh Sleagh and skewers the beast again in the chest, a second or two later Ker slams the beast with the shield. Blaidd Mawr spasms and convulses and drops to the stony floor of the caves.

As soon as the lifeless body ceases twitching, the corpse starts to dissolve into a foul black vapor that retains the rough shape of the creature. A horrific sucking wind picks up inside the cavern as the black pool begins to swirl in a violent vortex. The vaporous wolf stretches toward the vortex, but the tether around its ankle prevents this and flaps in the wind like a tattered banner. The vortex churns and the howling winds rage for what feels like an eternity (but is no less than a minute) meanwhile, the vapourous form of Blaidd Mawr begins fading and lessening until finally there is nothing left of it and the noose drops to the floor. Not a moment later the winds cease and the pool of black water is as still and smooth as glass.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric attempts to sense the spear's bloodthirst, for any sign of whether the wolf is truly gone.

nikolokolus

Arcane
People look over at Borric and see him concentrating on the spear. He looks different. His hair has returned to its normal black color and his features are once again his own.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Wordlessly Borric walks over to Brule, lays the spear down in front of him, and steps back.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"It-It's over? Blaidd Mawr is no more?" A huge smile breaks out over his face. "Please, for the love of all, tell me it's true!"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Brule takes the spear from Borric with grave respect, and speaks haltingly in common, "Kurgan friend to Brule. Place in my stead forever." He then claps the steppe barbarian heartily on the shoulder and carefully cradles the spear, and sits heavily on a rock seemingly overwhelmed with emotion.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Brule takes the spear from Borric with grave respect, and speaks haltingly in common, "Kurgan friend to Brule. Place in my stead forever." He then claps the steppe barbarian heartily on the shoulder and carefully cradles the spear, and sits heavily on a rock seemingly overwhelmed with emotion.
Can I make a roll to remember Ye Olde Pictish and give him a reply?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom