Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

nikolokolus

Arcane
Brule, Fidach and Oona all recoil slightly at Borric's sudden turn and his speech. Fidach stands up and breaks the silence, "Toranis strike me, what witchery is this?!" He then sits back down somewhat stiffly and rubs his face. Brule stares long and hard at the transmogrified Kurgan before speaking in Pictish, "What is your name friend?" He says uncertainly.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Boughrryc is I, still. This in mine hande?" "Quite the wolf-sticker this myte be."

"Well? Have we not to send back the Blaidd Mawr?"

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán chuckles meekly. "I'm with 'Borric'. I say we go and slay the beast and find out more later on. We've took long enough."

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"Agreed. That is the best course of action. Time to end this." He picks up his own spear. He strokes the wolf pelt on his shoulder and whispers something incoherent.

L'ennui

Magister
nikolokolus Looking at the rulebook, I'm not finding any specified length of time required for preparing spells. Is it a matter of an hour, or a few minutes? If it's not too long I may want to prepare something... Just in case.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"I'm ready. If we take Blaidd Mawr tonight, we have more time to deal with the werewolves before the full moon."

Cormac eyes get wide at the change in Borric and his newfound ability to speak Pictish. "I agree Fidach. I just hope there are no other surprises that occur while he is using this spear, and this spear does what it is supposed to do by killing the wolf."

I with L'ennui on the spells and preparation. I've been out of spells for a while now.

nikolokolus

Arcane
nikolokolus Looking at the rulebook, I'm not finding any specified length of time required for preparing spells. Is it a matter of an hour, or a few minutes? If it's not too long I may want to prepare something... Just in case.

Cormac eyes get wide at the change in Borric and his newfound ability to speak Pictish. "I agree Fidach. I just hope there are no other surprises that occur while he is using this spear, and this spear does what it is supposed to do by killing the wolf."

I with L'ennui on the spells and preparation. I've been out of spells for a while now.

To memorize or pray for spells, you need at least 6 hours of uninterrupted rest and then 1 turn (ten minutes) per spell level to prepare spells or make your devotions.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Brule holds up his hand. "Friends, I admire your courage, but I must advise against travelling the moors at night. We would need a brand or a lantern and who knows what kind of unwanted attention that would bring. If you must travel tonight then so be it. I'll guide you as best as I can."

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"If you have need, I have a lantern in my pack. Although, I would advise we take Brule's advice. He knows this area better than I, and his word holds great weight in this decision."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"It dont like to think what the spirit may do tonight, but it will run rampamt if something happens to us. Morning will suffice...and give the initiates time to recover their magic."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Brule nods and Fidach exhales a sigh of relief.

Night begins to deepen, bellies are full and the full weight of weariness accumulated from all of your recent trials finally starts to catch up to you all (particularly those who have fled from one calamity to another over the last week or so since you first met at Zelkor's Ferry). Sleep comes easily as Fidach, Brule and Oona agree to take the watches.

Before you know it each of you are roused from sleep by Fidach who gently touches your shoulders. Oona is hunched over the pot, stirring something that smells suspiciously like boiled barley. Ker, Mab, Urash and Cormac are all able to quietly prepare whichever spells and prayers they wish to.

(i.e. Helly, Llywelyn ap Gruffydd L'ennui and Wayward Son post your memorized spells below, so I know what you have. Also anybody who is injured regains 1 HP/level (+1 if you have a 13 or higher Constitution). By my reckoning, everybody is fully healed except for Marcán who has 2 wounds and Rhenmyr who has 7 wounds)

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr wakes and stretches muscles stiffened from his fall. Sniffing the air he asks, "Thank you, Oona. What's for breakfast?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr wakes and stretches muscles stiffened from his fall. Sniffing the air he asks, "Thank you, Oona. What's for breakfast?"
"It's not much. I found a chalk-lined grain cache outside that was still sealed. I wish we had some honey to go with it." She offers up a bowl of the porridge. It doesn't look or smell very appetizing (particularly to Rhenmyr).

Cormac finishes his last prayer to Arawn and packs his religious items into his backpack. "I wouldn't mind some porridge also. I'm not one for fighting on an empty stomach. I just hope there won't be need of Arawn's gifts during the fight and this beast is finally vanquished."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr accepts the bowl and takes a tentative bite. "We don't have this in Stygia. It is...interesting."

nikolokolus

Arcane
more bowls of the malty cereal are handed out, people choke it down as best as they can save for Oona, Brule, Fidach and Mab who seem well acquainted with it's "unique" flavor.

Brule finishes putting on his scale armor, belts on his sword and lifts his pack. He claps Fidach on the shoulder and the two brothers exchange tight smiles, "If we're not back in two days take your daughter and find Gwynie. It's been years, but she's kin and there's no love lost between the chieftain of the Dardanii and Talorc." He turns, "Come. Dawn breaks and we have many miles to go before we make it back to the fens."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"And not a moment too soon. Thank you for the meal, Oona." He bows his head before walking out.

So, I guess I got my Faerie Fire back then? Even I forgot I could do some druid magic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom