Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

L'ennui

Magister
"Couldn't it simply be artistic licence at work? Perhaps the representation of the spear was intended to embellish and aggrandize the weapon, for posterity's sake. In Acadia, it is often so."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Perhaps...but would artistic license transform a spear and shield into one giant spear? In every depiction? Plus the big hunting spear would be better for fighting a wolf."

L'ennui

Magister
"Hmm... well, I'm no armorer. If you think this isn't the one, maybe it isn't! So, then, do you suggest looking elsewhere in the tomb, or shall we try our luck with these relics?"

Urash is visibly unenthused at the prospect of more dungeon delving, and lets out a resigned, dissappointed sigh.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Well, we're already here, I say we might as well put in the extra time for the real thing. In the meantime, I wouldn't mind holding onto the relics. Perhaps they hold the key to the real relic, but that's wishful thinking."

For character's sheet sake, what are the stats on Uvan's sword, the spear and the shield? I know Bards can't use shields but I'm curious.

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Well, we're already here, I say we might as well put in the extra time for the real thing. In the meantime, I wouldn't mind holding onto the relics. Perhaps they hold the key to the real relic, but that's wishful thinking."

For character's sheet sake, what are the stats on Uvan's sword, the spear and the shield? I know Bards can't use shields but I'm curious.

Uvan's bronze shortsword is well made - the balance is good, it has a nice ring to it when you flick it with your finger and it's straight and true (no bonuses to hit, but won't rust or corrode)
The spear and shield look like masterworks. No one has tried to detect magic on them so it's uncertain if they are anything other than ordinary objects.
In testing the spear feels very well balanced in the hand (+1 to-hit) and the shield looks like it will block blows without a problem (like any other shield) its intricate patterns and etching might make it more valuable to the right person however.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"I'd prefer to keep and wield the spear. It is my preferred weapon after all. Cormac was eyeing the shield. More power to whoever can make use of it." Rhenmyr considers Marcan's words. "So back into the breach with a wish on our lips?"

Anyone have a spare Detect Magic? Also thanks nikolokolus. Will update my sheet when it's not 2 in the morning.
One we have a rest period I can cast detect magic. It lasts 20 minutes so more than enough time to inspect two items. And like was said, if nobody thats a front line type doesn't want the shield, then I wouldn't mind it as I can use shields.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"I'd say so, yes." Marcán says sighing when thinking about the cave once more. "If there are no objections, of course." He looks to the others who have not responded yet.

nikolokolus

Arcane
It is currently mid afternoon, perhaps 3 or 4 hours until sundown -- Enough time to continue the exploration of the tomb if you wish.

Spells and prayers can be prepared in the morning after at least six hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Brule and Fidach suggest moving away from the pool to set up camp, perhaps to the top of the butte above the tomb where sightlines are good and a copse of trees can provide shelter. It'll take about a half an hour to reach the summit.

nikolokolus

Arcane
So Marcán and Rhenmyr reenter the crypt. Is anyone else going? Is there anything else people want to do?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"It's safe to assume there will be more traps. So if Rashid is willing, I would like to have him along."

nikolokolus

Arcane
So is it safe for me to presume that you are all back in the room with the rune carved portal stone and the narrow chute above the lintel over the entrance?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
So is it safe for me to presume that you are all back in the room with the rune carved portal stone and the narrow chute above the lintel over the entrance?
Cool with me.

"Any brilliant ideas to deal the portal stone in the past ten minutes? No? Then it's back into the chute and up into potential snake land. But I guess we should check the collapsed chamber as well."

Cormac looks around for more heresy relief's, as it could lead to an idea on how to proceed. "I hope the snake monsters are all dead."

nikolokolus

Arcane
The troupe carefully picks their way past the room with the pit and braves the dusty filled corridors of the tomb once more. Again Rhenmyr, doffs his armor and clambers into the narrow chute. After several minutes creeping along on his belly he comes to the bend in the tunnel and looks to his right. The chamber where he was forced to flee is now completely blocked; a huge slab of stone and a fair amount of rubble has filled the terminal end of the passage. The chimney overhead looks like it is still clear, although it is choked with roots. The light cast from your torch doesn't quite penetrate the darkness beyond the lip about ten feet overhead. To make the climb will require both hands which means setting your torch aside and going forward "blind."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
I hope someone's coming with me into snakeland this time. Our good thief perhaps.
Doffs armor? I thought its light and compact enough to fit. Doffs shield and pack, perhaps?

"I'll climb up. Try to pass up the torch when I get to the top."

nikolokolus

Arcane
I hope someone's coming with me into snakeland this time. Our good thief perhaps.
Doffs armor? I thought its light and compact enough to fit. Doffs shield and pack, perhaps?

Ah yes, I temporarily forgot that you took the mithril byrnie which is as bulky as normal clothes. Anybody else wearing armor heavier than leather will have to take it off to squeeze into the chute.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom