Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
nikolokolus If Brule helps, what's his damage bonus? We've got -5 so far. -6 and counting if he helps.

nikolokolus

Arcane
nikolokolus If Brule helps, what's his damage bonus? We've got -5 so far. -6 and counting if he helps.
Brule has a +1 damage bonus from strength, so he would subtract 2 from the roll.

Siveon Bardic chanting doesn't apply a bonus to ability checks. Sorry.

So whomever has the highest Strength make a 5d6 roll with a -7 bonus. Rhenmyr and Borric are tied at 17, so whoever rolls first and posts the result here, that's the result that will stand.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I wasn't referring to the chant. I was saying what happened when I rolled for Bardic Lore?

nikolokolus

Arcane
I wasn't referring to the chant. I was saying what happened when I rolled for Bardic Lore?
Ah, my bad.

Marcán spends about ten minutes analyzing the scenes depicted on the bier. There's nothing particularly familiar about it, but you're almost certain that each bear actually represents a buried man and that these buried warriors were dedicated to some cave bear spirit. Based on the poses and the scenes of extreme violence you surmise that this may be the ossuary (a repository for remains) of a cult of berserkers.

nikolokolus

Arcane
With Borric, Rhenmyr, Brule and Marcán putting all of their might into the task, the four are able to lift the lid to the ossuary and set it aside with a loud thud that echoes off the chamber wall. beneath the unbearably heavy lid is a hollow cavity filled with bones in various states of decay -- some merely yellowed with age and others starting to crumble into dust.

In the back of the container is a rolled up pelt or fur that is miraculously perfectly intact.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr unfurls the pelt and it becomes apparent that this is a cloak, likely made from a bearskin. There is a leather thong threaded through a rough cowl to cinch it about the face and two heavy bronze cloak-pins for fastening the cloak around the shoulders.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Just a heads up. I got tabbed for some last second field work at my job. Starting tomorrow I'll be (mostly) internet-less until this weekend and then I'll (probably) be completely dark starting Monday the 9th through Friday the 13th. If anybody is going to be flying over Eureka Nevada, drop a care package or real food and good beer.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Borric, I think this suits you." Rhenmyr says handing over the cloak. "Let's take another look around and move on, after resealing the ossuary, if there's nothing more to learn here."

nikolokolus

Arcane
I'll have some posts forthcoming tomorrow. Being away for a week and a half has left a lot on my plate to get through.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
I'd like to re-cover the ossuary. Respect for the honored dead and all. Then the other stairway beckons.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Just a guess, but I presume this place to belong to some sort of berserker cult. The cloak might be beneficial. Or curse us." Marcán quips, while also waiting for the group to finish their investigation, and move on to the next room.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric takes the fur cloak and throws it around his shoulders. A strange look of 'joy' seems to spread across his face and he strikes quite the figure in the luxurious cape.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, do I feel alright? EDIT: Apparently I do.

"Ah, worry not Bard. This cloak could well have been made for one such as I."

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr scans the room again. "Looking good, Borric. Does anyone think there is more to learn here?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr gives the room another quick search (about ten minutes) and there really doesn't appear to be much else here of value, just some broken crockery, a few rat skeletons scattered around the ossuary.

With a great effort four of you lift the massive stone lid and reset it on top of the moldering bones inside.

What do you all wish to do now?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom