Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

nikolokolus

Arcane
Cormac uses a strand of rope borrowed from Borric.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Doesn't that beat all?" Rhenmyr says to himself. The scans the floor-less chamber with his mirror. If all is as it appears, he retreats the northernmost staircase to keep watch.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The mirror reveals nothing unusual. The darkened pit is indeed a darkened pit, or at the very least there doesn't appear to be any illusory magic at play here.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr settles in to keep watch at the northern staircase and waits for the others to finish their exploration and join him.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Cormac inches along the narrow passage. The going is difficult and stuffy. If Cormac wasn't claustrophobic before he might be now. It takes minutes to crawl a mere score or more of feet. You've come to a place where the roots are especially thick, but groping ahead of you reveals the passage makes a right-hand turn. Straining, you push through the roots and you thrust your light forward. Bless the gods, the passage seems clear of obstruction. You can just make out an opening another ten feet ahead and your torch casts a narrow beam of light that illuminates something metallic in the void beyond the exit.

5gKkHhH.png

L'ennui

Magister
Urash is holding the rope tied to Cormac, waiting anxiously for whatever happens next.

Turning to the barbarian, he almost whispers:

"Say, friend Borric, has your group traveled together long?"

The question is as much an honest interrogation as it is a way for Urash to distract himself from the sense of unease he feels in this place.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"It feels like a long time, I'll tell you that much. We've been around for at least a week, by my reckoning, two more with us, now lost to their gods or devils."

L'ennui

Magister
"Hmm. These lands have given me a fair share of trouble as well.

If our mutual purposes in these parts permit it, perhaps I could continue my journey with you and your comrades? As the elders of Nipur say, traveling alone is a sure sign of hubris, and invites the wrath of the gods."

nikolokolus

Arcane
The rope has stopped moving

FYI, I'm handling some stuff out of thread, we should rejoin our regularly scheduled programming soon.

nikolokolus

Arcane
A very faint and muffled sound is heard from within the narrow chute, a second later the rope begins tugging violently a few times.

L'ennui

Magister
Urash is interrupted in his chatter with Borric when the rope he had been holding jerks forward violently.

"Oh, my! Help me pull Cormac back to us, Borric! Your companion may be in danger!"

Urash tries to pull back on the rope as hard as he can.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán finally joins in as well, with whatever rope there may be left to grab.

nikolokolus

Arcane
With everyone tugging on the rope in unison it begins to pull back with some measure of difficulty, It takes a round to pull the rope back about ten feet.

While this is going on (for a round) Rhenmyr continues his vigil from the top of the short flight of steps and notices movement at the edge the light cast by his torch. Two glowing pairs of eyes bob and sway in the dim darkness and appear to be creeping closer.

Brule has sidled up and whispers harshly, "What in the name of Arrawn is that?"

Everyone roll initiative.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom