Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex UT Slaughterfest - Looking for host and streamer

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ladies, Gentlemen and everyone in between, our fearless dictator has decreed that we, his cattle brahmin, shall slaughter each other for incline and 'shits & giggles'. If you are interested, please register your interest: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-ut-sign-up-thread.99581

In the meantime, I have been tasked with finding someone able and willing to host and stream the Codex Slaughterfest.

Please let us know if you would be willing to do this, and the days/times you would be able to do so.

Also, I have posted in GD for maximum exposure.

Warm regards,

TR

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
From the looks of it, Raw is in South America. As an Australian, you don't want to play on a server hosted by him, you won't get a frag.

US West or Asia would be within the tolerance level (extreme disadvantage of prob 180-250 ping with no antilag, but could still get some frags).

He could stream it though.

I hope your UT aiming is better than picking the subforums.

:lol:

:bro:

I've been practicing, but only time will tell, Angthoron. :)

From the looks of it, Raw is in South America. As an Australian, you don't want to play on a server hosted by him, you won't get a frag.

US West or Asia would be within the tolerance level (extreme disadvantage of prob 180-250 ping with no antilag, but could still get some frags).

He could stream it though.

Cheers, man. Do you think you'd be up for hosting? Could raw stream if you host?

Is there anyone in the West US or Asia that can host and stream?

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Nope that's fine for me. I won't be here this Thursday though I'm going to see This Will Destroy You (unless it' Thursday 2AM, in which case I will be ok).

What are we using to connect? Hamachi ?

Sensuki

Yeah, Hamachi.

It'll be the next day for us, so if we do it on raw's Thursday, it'll be Friday 2am AEST. We'll decide on a time and date once we have the roster of players. I'll let DU know what's happening so far and see if he's cool with it.

Also, you lucky bastard, I like post-rock - enjoy the concert! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Haha, mate, have a blast! Wish I could go see em. Don't get a mortgage until you got a fat deposit!

This is for the CTF session DU is recruiting for, man, from the other thread. We got 10 players...

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
I may not be suitable to host it because (as an ex-competitive FPS player) you can't just have a server in Australia with a bunch of people from over the world, people will have 400-500 ping and may as well be better off not playing etc

US West (ie. LA or Seattle) would probably be the most neutral location, if we have people from AU, US and Europe.

Sensuki

Arcane
Rune Classic is a great game but because it's melee you'd be absolutely fucked if you had a shit ping.

At least UT isn't all hitscan guns, so people with higher ping have a chance if they can lead / predict rocket/flak/shock blasts etc

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom