Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Codex Scoop: Temple of Elemental Evil world editor discovered hidden in game's official Polish patch

Black

Arcane
Well, ToEE as a whole got a revision of sorts lately, it being implemented in DDO and getting a remake or something by WOTC.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Isn't it lovely of our good old Co8 folks to keep such a valuable "secret" to themselves. Let's pat them on the back for being so concerned about potential legal risks and implications of using&sharing that tool, let alone the irrecoverable damage one careless modder could inflict upon the sanctity of vanilla ToEE.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Well, ToEE as a whole got a revision of sorts lately, it being implemented in DDO and getting a remake or something by WOTC.
The boardgame series that started with Castle Ravenloft is also about to have a Temple of Elemental Evil set released. In a sense it's a rather convenient time for the module to gain a bit of extra publicity, yet this leak is likely to help sales so little that it's hard to make a serious accusation of conspiracy.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
there's still no possibility to create custom animations/skeletons? who the fuck cares about a fragile worlded?

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Hmm, this does mean however that some fights canget even more difficult or challenging though depending on how you want it to be. That is a good thing. I'd love to see some variation on enemy spawns in resting fights based on location. Maybe encountering a marauding band of Orcs with a hill giant or ettin slave, shit like that. Random encounters, rest fights, all of that can be a fun thing to do.

Edit: I was especially disappointed by the lack of Orcs in the game, save for those two you find in the temple itself. Considering Orcs, goblins, and hobgobs are the defacto mooks in most DnD games.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
That would be awesome. Gnoll rogues and bigbear wizards, Orc sorcerers and cleric witchdoctors. Shit like that. Ettins and Giants with classes in fighter or barb or something.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmm, this does mean however that some fights canget even more difficult or challenging though depending on how you want it to be. That is a good thing. I'd love to see some variation on enemy spawns in resting fights based on location. Maybe encountering a marauding band of Orcs with a hill giant or ettin slave, shit like that. Random encounters, rest fights, all of that can be a fun thing to do.

Edit: I was especially disappointed by the lack of Orcs in the game, save for those two you find in the temple itself. Considering Orcs, goblins, and hobgobs are the defacto mooks in most DnD games.
Aren't bugbears basically bearlike orcs?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'd love to see some variation on enemy spawns in resting fights based on location. Maybe encountering a marauding band of Orcs with a hill giant or ettin slave, shit like that. Random encounters, rest fights, all of that can be a fun thing to do.

Now that is definitely something you don't need WorldEd for. So stop being a flaccid miscreant and go do it yourself!

Dorateen

Arcane

Bugbears are at the top of the Mook hierarchy.

Goblins -> Kobolds -> Orcs -> Hobgoblins -> Bugbears

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

:updatedmytxt:

Black

Arcane

What about gnolls and xvarts?

Dorateen

Arcane

What about gnolls and xvarts?

Good point about the gnolls, they are probably on equal standing with the Bugbears.

xvarts are not even an afterthought, though.

zero29

Arbiter
We really need a Codex smiley for "it's a Bubbles comment", the standard troll lacks the necessary subtlety.

WxZjkVR.png

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Kobolds are lower than Goblins....

In PoR for example they have 3 HP and 7 AC

Goblins have 4 HP and 6 AC

Kobolds are the weakest trash you can fight.

Dorateen

Arcane
Kobolds are lower than Goblins....

In PoR for example they have 3 HP and 7 AC

Goblins have 4 HP and 6 AC

Kobolds are the weakest trash you can fight.

Statistically, that's correct. I was thinking more culturally and how their societies are structured. The kobolds latter affinity with dragons and such.

But speaking of Pool of Radiance, remember the kobold caves? I thought that was a step up from fighting runts in the Slums.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom