Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Codex Scoop: Temple of Elemental Evil world editor discovered hidden in game's official Polish patch

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
I doubt it was just sheer malice or greed to be the number 1 modders of ToeE :roll:. More likely they were very very mildly worried about potential law suit and didn't think much of it beyond that, or even think it through in terms possible legal consequences at all.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I don't know the reasons behind this clusterfuck, but I'm certainly glad that Steam removed the paid mods thing. Because you can bet that shit like this would certainly happen a lot, and with a very obvious reason, if mods began to be sold.

Black

Arcane
Finally some good new after the huge PoE let-down.
But a bit too soon, I haven't even killed Iuz a single time yet :negative:

Last edited:

bonescraper

The existence of an accidental leak of this tool was known to us for some time, but unfortunately, we were unable to release it publicly before. We had an opportunity to obtain a copy of WorldEd before from a limited collector's edition Polish release of the game that shipped on two CDs.
That's not true. It's the initial release, standard issue, not limited in any shape or form (well, at that time) in a cardbord box. It comes on 2 CDs and contains a bonus CD with mods, conept art and shit like that. Oh, the box also contained a Greyhawk novel and a printed map. Typical CD Projekt 100% monocled release. I know, cause i own it :oops:

6844546.jpg

Really? What kind of mods? Is the stuff on it available anywhere? ISO plz.

Damnit, and I thought I had the better version since I have the big box which seems to be somewhat rare compared to the small box you usually find. But I have no extra cd, map or novel.
Well, i'm pretty sure this edition was exclusive to Poland. Back in the day, when CD Projekt had the monopoly in our PC games market (rightfully so, because they started it and because they were fucking great at what they did), they made their own, beefier editions of p. much every decent game, especially RPGs.

Here are the contents of the third disk:
- game guide in PDF
- blue and silver intarface mods
- difficulty mods (easy, hard, very hard)
- Circle of Eight 2.1.0
- working brothel mod (well, it's CD Projekt :lol:)
- free item identification mod
- full healing mod
- a cheat mod which enables certain NPCs to level you up, teleport you etc.
- 6 wallpapers
- 8 concept art pieces

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Ah, this is a later release. Cool, thanks!

I suppose the art and wallpapers are all available online or from gog, right?

Ladonna

Arcane
I was pretty excited about this until I heard about the Co8 business.

I don't think they had it for the entire time. I remember in the earlier editions, they couldn't seem to change certain aspects of the game. There was a mystery modder, I think the name was 'Livonya' or something like that, made their own mini patch, and the Co8 team were unable to understand how that person did what they did, but were allowed to incorporate the patch into the Co8 mods. Some time later, Co8 seemed to become more 'oh, we learned how to do all that kind of stuff now'. I am guessing they found out what this Livonya already knew of and the rest is history.

And, for the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone would keep this a secret apart from wanting to be the top modders. As already stated, an NDA? Who requested this NDA? By what right?

If I had known about this damn thing years ago, when I had the time, I would have been right into this. Hopefully there are still people out there with the time to give this thing a good checking out to see how far it can be pushed.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The existence of an accidental leak of this tool was known to us for some time, but unfortunately, we were unable to release it publicly before. We had an opportunity to obtain a copy of WorldEd before from a limited collector's edition Polish release of the game that shipped on two CDs. For the reasons of: a) it being proprietary software [that we are not allowed to freely share]; b) being a possible oversight affecting only a particular limited game release that was, in essence, an internal NDA violation within the game release team; c) us not knowing the extent of this oversight and the possible legal implications for us if we released the tool openly,we were unfortunately unable to release the tool here and share it publicly on the Circle of Eight website.

Permaban Gaear (purely symbolic, but a powerful symbol for sure) and thoroughly interrogate Sitra Achara

Black

Arcane
I'm not very confident with Sitra Achara being the mod for the new ToEE forum.
I mean, he has so few brofists, I thought moderators were supposed to be shining examples?

Weasel
The existence of an accidental leak of this tool was known to us for some time, but unfortunately, we were unable to release it publicly before. We had an opportunity to obtain a copy of WorldEd before from a limited collector's edition Polish release of the game that shipped on two CDs. For the reasons of: a) it being proprietary software [that we are not allowed to freely share]; b) being a possible oversight affecting only a particular limited game release that was, in essence, an internal NDA violation within the game release team; c) us not knowing the extent of this oversight and the possible legal implications for us if we released the tool openly,we were unfortunately unable to release the tool here and share it publicly on the Circle of Eight website.

Permaban Gaear (purely symbolic, but a powerful symbol for sure) and thoroughly interrogate Sitra Achara

To add to what Felipepepe said, it's interesting that their arguments all relate to them supposedly having legal worries about distributing the tool (apart from that "internal NDA" rubbish). But why couldn't they reveal its existence and just tell people to get hold of the old Polish cds or something? There's no problem whatsoever in suggesting that people buy a legal release of a game.

Perkel

Arcane
- game guide in PDF
- Circle of Eight 2.1.0
- full healing mod
- 6 wallpapers
- 8 concept art pieces

Dude upload that shit somewhere like on mega. I would kill for Silver UI mod and a brothel

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
If I had known about this damn thing years ago, when I had the time, I would have been right into this.
This is what angers me the most, the thought of all the mods that we could have got in this past decade but didn't because a group was keeping the tools secret.

Athelas

Arcane
The decline stems not from the greed of publishers, but from the hearts of men.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
Nice, now I can just sit back, sip some brandy and wait 10 more years for when I'll be able to play The Lost City module on the TOEE engine :bounce:. Truly cRPGing is only for the patient.

Anyone has a time machine?

...fine, I'll go and use the Jaesun FRUA thread before.

bonescraper

- game guide in PDF
- Circle of Eight 2.1.0
- full healing mod
- 6 wallpapers
- 8 concept art pieces

Dude upload that shit somewhere like on mega. I would kill for Silver UI mod and a brothel
https://mega.co.nz/#!OEw1mZiJ!5LJx0UbxvmrAotvjSzrevINa-zpKf4oRljMLOD-zZLo

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The codex is so full of shit. Do you think having a buggy editor to place enemies on existing maps would make ToEE highly moddable? Does it even have a forbidden path-finding layer

LOL. Everyone serious that wanted to mod ToEE was either already on the Co8 hacking python scripts or had reversed file formated / created assembly exe hacks long ago and was already away playing dragon age / working at IBM or something.

Think a bit before you burn people in effigy.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom