Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Codex Scoop: OtherSide Entertainment to develop System Shock 3

SerratedBiz

Arcane
an ex-Looking Glass

tumblr_inline_mn6rtl9Ron1qz4rgp.jpg

concept artist

tumblr_inline_mn6rukBaRY1qz4rgp.jpg

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Cool news, boys. I'm not too excited tho. Ship game one first.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Who is the Publisher paying for this? And is other money involved in developing this?

THAT will determine what this game will be.... :M

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Awesum! Another glorious franchise shall be "re-imagined" as the mind-numbingly generic console FPS with absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever it was always meant to be, but couldn't because of technology.

Soon SS3 shall join such modern day classics as Fallout 3&4 and X-com.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Do they own the IP rights? I'll assume the trademark AND the IP rights were owned by that holding company that was holding on to the System Shock rights (that Night Dive bought from them).

Nines

Learned
Considering they can't even handle a good teaser site, not sure what to expect from their games.

Perkel

Arcane
Do they own the IP rights? I'll assume the trademark AND the IP rights were owned by that holding company that was holding on to the System Shock rights (that Night Dive bought from them).

I don't think ND would sell those rights to otherside e.

IMO it will be probably codeveloped by them, probably also cofinanced. There was one ND interview where founders said that they want to also make games themselves and not just rerelease older games and they had some crazy pipeline with like 30-40 games to be released by them (old ones).

Imo it is logical. ND keeps ip and they codevelop it with Otherside. Both dev studios share profits from game.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
That Shodan sonehow made it out of the ship? No way
That Shodan took over the cybernetic implants of a crew member to have a physical form? Maybe
That Shodan will be the baddie for the next game? No fucking way

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Who on OtherSide worked in SS and SS2? Just Neurath and Stellmach?

Interestingly, the artist Robb Waters is also credited as "designer" on System Shock. But basically yeah.

Last edited:

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
I am only in if Brosius is as well. Best part of Thief and SS2 was the sound design, and uh, well everything else really.

Fuck even if its half the game Arx Fatalis was it cant be worse than Bioshit.

Zeriel

Arcane
I'm only in if not Unity.

(I feel like I'm starting to sound like a crotchety old man in my hate of Unity.)

Nines

Learned
There are a few beautiful games on Unity, but they're usually glitchy, packed with bugs and have draconian requirements.
Not sure what's the problem though. If some noname guys were able to make this on UE3, I expect no less from those, who's touching one the most iconic game series.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom