Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Codex Scoop: inXile to develop Autoduel car RPG at new New Orleans studio?

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
I've lived in New Orleans, Boston, Nashville, the DC suburbs, and even New York (albeit briefly). New Orleans isn't any worse than an average city... unless you live in some lily white European country. The area around Oak Street isn't exactly upper class but it's certainly no ghetto.

New Orlean's infrastructure is crumbling and it's especially showing in donwtown, it's under populated and the murder rate is almost on par with Detroit. The last time I visited the area around the Vieux carré and Business district was indeed highly unpleasant the city is making no effort to increase police presence in these crucial areas probably because they don't even have the funds. The fact that it's narrow and streets are often if not always jammed/blocked is just the cherry on top.

Not that Oak street is any better it's right next to Southport of all places, but it gives the appearance of being more tranquil at first sight I guess. Or not. He's using his own staff as revitalization vanguard, this is going to turn into a disaster I can't wait.
Fargo being so generous sending his staff to the equivalent a second world city is like such a big coincidence with the talks of him being a greedy snake oil salesman.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
#LMAO @ ppl thinking New Orleans isn't some nigger ghetto shit city

lootergtaheinz.jpg

lily white European country

eca60ea1242dd95bd08d60a394dcb3d4.jpg

150910110436-bobby-jindal-donald-trump-narcissist-sot-newsroom-00001516-full-169.jpg

:mrpresident::mrpresident::mrpresident::mrpresident::mrpresident:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
New Orlean's infrastructure is crumbling and it's especially showing in donwtown, it's under populated and the murder rate is almost on par with Detroit. The last time I visited the area around the Vieux carré and Business district was indeed highly unpleasant the city is making no effort to increase police presence in these crucial areas probably because they don't even have the funds. The fact that it's narrow and streets are often if not always jammed/blocked is just the cherry on top.

Not that Oak street is any better it's right next to Southport of all places, but it gives the appearance of being more tranquil at first sight I guess. Or not. He's using his own staff as revitalization vanguard, this is going to turn into a disaster I can't wait.
Fargo being so generous sending his staff to the equivalent a second world city is like such a big coincidence with the talks of him being a greedy snake oil salesman.
j3uJvFv.png

The murder rate is nothing. Like I said in another thread (or was it this one), it was around 450 at one time in the 90's. Toughen up.

Last edited:
Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Full on denial about the state of your own city. You cannot even phrase an opinion without using an emote. Typical sheltered River Ridge snob I bet.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Full on denial about the state of your own city. You cannot even phrase an opinion without using an emote. Typical sheltered River Ridge snob I bet.
River Ridge? Plz, that's borderline white trash. Lakeview, sir. Not in denial, at all. New Orleans is a far cry from a place like Boston or Denver but it's essentially a microcosm of New York or Los Angeles or Atlanta or DC... without the good public transit systems.

Just got back from a walk around my neighborhood and they're asking for $300k for an empty lot. Granted he'll probably only get $250k but let's not portray the city as if it's a Mumbai slum. Obviously all of the city isn't filled with $750k homes but I'm assuming most Codexians aren't the type to gravitate towards the poorest areas of an urban center.

Fargo is paying an average of $75k in salaries here... which is probably $100k or so in a place like Newport Beach. It's a smart decision because it isn't an industry that requires everyone to live in the same place and he saves around $25k x Number of Employees in costs. He estimated 50 so that's $1.25 million per year.

Last edited:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Autoduel is one of the blasts from the past for me. What the latest Mad Max game missed was the tension of getting out of your own battered vehicle to try and get something of value from the carwreck of your crushed enemies. All the while worrying that a new threat might come roaring in and hit you. The game was tense and survival was tenuous at best. One of my fav post-apocalyptic games of the time and I've been hoping ever since that someone would someday come up with a mix between Autoduel and Road War 2000. No such luck until know but who knows....

Weasel
Typical Codex negativity ITT. According to their latest blog post they're loving New Orleans already:

Path of inXile #137: New Orleans, Baby, New Orleans

Moving to a new city is never easy, but the commute is a vast improvement

Bdcxp7d.jpg

Leaving plenty of time to explore the vibrant breakfast scene

HC72BAd.jpg

But a new office isn't all fun and games, requiring a massive investment of management focus.
From inspecting facilities like the new conference room...

WA7PyHR.jpg

To the usual hardware tests

lpcmOQ6.jpg

And VA auditions

T1ErU3I.jpg

The heart of inXile remains its talented staff, notably the industry-leading QA dept

I2QSQuf.jpg

And, of course, a bit of TLC for the newly-relocated staff

WmLCsja.jpg

To sign them up on long term contracts

rOnapNr.jpg

naossano

Cipher
Didn't Brian learned from Interplay experience that he should see if currents projects work before piling so much projects at once ?
They only released one successful game so far and they already have like 4 unfinished projects at the same time.

aratuk

Cipher
I used to live in New Orleans. Nice town, with drive-through daiquiri bars, but I got robbed sometimes. The local talent pool, as Randy Newman says, "college men from LSU / Went in dumb, come out dumb too" …Yeah, I had a lot of friends who went to school there. (But there are some very good schools. The Jesuits don't mess around.)

Honestly, though, New Orleans is a much smaller city than I think a lot of people realize, and unlike LA, SFO, the Acela corridor, or even Austin, TX, it isn't near other large cities from which to conveniently hire people, either.

Kind of an odd choice, unless you're an alcoholic who plays brass instruments.

Last edited:

Fairfax

Arcane
Typical Codex negativity ITT. According to their latest blog post they're loving New Orleans already:

Path of inXile #137: New Orleans, Baby, New Orleans

Moving to a new city is never easy, but the commute is a vast improvement

Bdcxp7d.jpg

Leaving plenty of time to explore the vibrant breakfast scene

HC72BAd.jpg

But a new office isn't all fun and games, requiring a massive investment of management focus.
From inspecting facilities like the new conference room...

WA7PyHR.jpg

To the usual hardware tests

lpcmOQ6.jpg

And VA auditions

T1ErU3I.jpg

The heart of inXile remains its talented staff, notably the industry-leading QA dept

I2QSQuf.jpg

And, of course, a bit of TLC for the newly-relocated staff

WmLCsja.jpg

To sign them up on long term contracts

rOnapNr.jpg
[Can't brofist]
:brodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom