Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Pathfinder Adventures (Logs from Session 1 posted!)

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Nope, he hasn't been online since yesterday. Maybe it's just that he has some problems with his Internet connection.

Quilty

Magister
Hopefully he just got way too drunk on whiskey and pussy during Christmas holidays and passed out.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Posting from cellphone, so I'll make this short.

Graphics card went asplodey bye-bye.
Bought new one.
Will be delivered monday.
Can't access my pathfinder stuff until images can be displayede, since I lack the requisite cybernetic inplants to interface directly with my computer.

I iz sorry :c

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yes, I'm quite torn by this thread. On one hand, I really wish I could play along with you, especially considering the bitching 20 I rolled for being first in line!
On the other hand, I would not have been able to participate in either of the sessions played hitherto.. Due to having received and accepted invitations to parties on both dates.

*sigh*

Having an active social life doesn't always mesh well with being a nerd. M:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
It appears that ITZ happened taking out everyone on its way.The end of the previous nad the start of this month promise us "glorious" year, it seems. :/

I hope that our noble GM will come back to us as soon as he recovers his graphic card and finds enough time.

Mrowak

Arcane
Also has BC left forever again now or not? Might need some brave replacement Adventurerer if she did.

You know what is the worst part of it - I was the one trying to convince her to stay on the 'Dex - after all the meanness she experienced here. And then in the space of one week, when all I could do was "work, work", shit hit the fan and she's gone - this time for good. I should have been screaming "run the hell away from this shithole".

She was right - we are no good at anything else than tough-talk.

lightbane

Arcane
Wait, BC left? Again? I thought she still was lurking here with her new persona avatar, Kimagure something...

Quilty

Magister
The Codex is no place for fair maidens. Too much degeneracy, too much unspent homosexual tension.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Wow. She really ought to stay away from GD or grow some thicker skin.

To be fair, even when I thought she was coming across as a douche (in the thread about young women leeching off lecherous older men with plenty of money), I still read what she wrote and found her interesting.

It's sad to see her leave, but there was also quite a bit of online-drama in that young woman. I wouldn't be surprised if she returned some time later, once she's grown up a bit more and is able to distance herself more from the shit people write on the internet.

[EDIT]
Having browsed that thread a bit more, reading the exchange between Vaarna and Neko, I feel sorry for her. Truly. If Vaarna's intent was to help, he really ought to have laid off. It's clear he doesn't know about what made Black Cat do the things she has done, and he just keeps wading on it.
On the other hand, it's also painfully clear the Black Cat is in a difficult place, and she need all the help she can get. I only hope and pray someone really qualified is close by to give her that. I doubt her sociopathic ex/boyfriend is enough.

Mrowak

Arcane
There's still some chance BC will show up on our next meet-up. Ulm told me once she contacted him via email (btw, anyone of you has his email address?). Also, while I was talking with her last time, when she was contemplating leaving the Codex, she said she would still appear on our sessions, so there's that. Besides, she still might be around, just not posting, so she will know when the next game will take place.

The fact that Ulm is silent, worries me as much, though. I hope he will recover.

As for Vaarna - and what transpired in that other thread - let me say this: his intentions may have been righteous but righteous people without understanding and compassion are ignorant zealots. He had no chance of changing anything other than hurting one other more. And exactly for this vainglorious blindness, he lost much in my eyes.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
News of my death may have been slightly exaggerated.

Right.

Long story short, my new graphics card came. I went from a 9600 to a 550Ti. What this means for those of you who don't jack off to weird numbers is that all my games went from running on low-medium detail in a window to glorious maximum-detial fullscreen. And every second of my free time has been sucked into a maelstrom of bloom and HD faggotry.

Well, actually, most of it has been sucked away by SW:TOR. The shame. You see, my Operative from the Imperial Intelligence agency - Cipher Nine - were originally sort-of being groomed by a sith lord of the dark council to do his dirty work, but then

[edit]BIG SPOILERS FOR SW:TOR Imperial Agent below[/edit]

terrorists struck at his luxury spaceship cruiser while he and a thousand asssorted imperial dignitairies and well-to-do's were on a round trip to various planets to boost morale or someshit. Imperial intelligence scrambled to start dismantling terror cells on various planets to get at "The Eagle" - a disturbingly arab-looking head terrorist. Lots of cloak & dagger later, I managed to cut of fhis funding, kill his taliban accomplishes on tattooine, disrupt his deals with the hutts, learned of his doomsday weapon called something as original as "Eradicators" and hunted the man himself down and shot him after his monologue. Turns out there was a traitoer in imperial intelligence that worked with him on the whole Eradicator project - giant sentient sattelites loaded with Nuculear missiles or something. And apparently if not controlled the sattelites already in place will go feral and start bombing the shit out of random targets killing a couple of million imperial citizens. In the best James Bond style, cipher nine uses data stolen from the Eagles headquarters (along with half the launch codes needed to control the satellites) and flies off to the big bad evil guys meeting point using experimental stealth technology. After docking with the ship and killing/stealthing past the inhabitants, Cipher Nine ends up facing the BBEG who turns out to be - surpise surprise - the sith lord that was grooming her to be his personal assassin before his whimsical plot to explode the empire. A lot of DISCUSS followed and I eventually managed to bluff/reason with him into going into exile in a sort-of rather good dialogue tree that ended up giving me filthy Light Side points. Flush with success, the imperial intelligence agency leaked rumours that Cipher Nine had been traumatized and disillusioned with the empire following the confrontation with a rogue sith lord. They wanted to insert Cipher Nine into the SIS (Strategic Intelligence Service, the republics counterpart to Imperial Intelligence) as a double agent. Unfortunately, after proving herself to the SIS and being taken in, she got mindraped by a jedi and is currently unable to oppose the SIS. Her superiors in Imperial Intelligence doesn't suspect anything yet and now she's off to Taris to find a corrupt Jedi trying to turn the Rakghouls into an army or someshit.

It's all hilariously derpy, but slightly better than most Bioware writing and scores a critical hit against my weakness for bad pulp stories. Being a stealth-healer that stabs people in the kidneys helps too.

Anyway, back on track. I still have my notes prepped but the coming weekend is booked solid thu-fri-sat-sun-mon. I don't have any means of contacting BC (not sure how Mrowak got that idea) and I'm not sure what all the drama is about - and I'm more than a little reluctant to brave the cesspit of GD to discover teh truthz. I also know for certain that I won't be available on sat 28th as I turn a year older that day and I suspect my family would take offense if I neglected them in favour of LARP. I can clear up an evening on he 14th and 21st where we can pick up the pieces if that suits everyone. If BC hasn't shown a sign of life by the time the next session ticks over and doesn't magically appear in IRC that day we'll assume she's gone forevar and look into finding a replacement player.

Which day works best for you people? DISCUSS!

[edit]

No spoiler tags? moderator approval? The fuck is this shit?

Mrowak

Arcane
I don't have any means of contacting BC (not sure how Mrowak got that idea)

When we talked on facebook you told me BC wrote an email to you. I figured you'd know how to contact her back.

Also, I have some grounds (albeit shaky) to believe she will turn up next time.

No spoiler tags? moderator approval? The fuck is this shit?

Welcome to the world of next gen. :salute:

Anyway, both 14th and 21st are cool with me.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
I'm available on both suggested dates, 14th and 21st.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom