Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Codex Machete Squad: FOnline 2 Clan Thread

While exploring the caves tonight, I found what we thought we'd never find: a (medical) implant. I'll let the faction decide what to do with it, but if it should go to someone, it should be a pistol spammer like Joe.

Server is down as the deal with maintenance and critical bugs, one of which caused all the doors to player owned houses to disappear, allowing players to walk in and take what they want!

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
:lol:

Serves those niggas right who keep showing off their gear with disco inferno flares, triggering every poor gyppo in a kwabillion-miles radius to peep through the cracks and drool at their delicious trophy guns and powah armours.

Also, congrats on the implant, seems like the caves offer even better loot now! (Probably why those Banda fucks bring out the gimp plasmu Behemoth and take an extra team for maximum non-tasteful rape potential)

:lol:

Also, congrats on the implant, seems like the caves offer even better loot now! (Probably why those Banda fucks bring out the gimp plasmu Behemoth and take an extra team for maximum non-tasteful rape potential)

The loot is still a very mixed bag; most of the night's loot was ammo/caps until I came across that. Had to do a double-take to see if it was what I thought I was seeing. Getting out was the more stressful part, with the pressure of knowing what you have; took almost an hour to find a ladder.

But yeah, you're right about Banda. They flood the caves during certain times with 5-7 of their guys to maximize their chances; you're more likely to run into your own than other players. I think we should replicate that in some respects. While we don't have the manpower to do exactly that, when we have four players online, split them into two-man teams; doubles our chances for loot and is just overall faster in TB than having three players. While having a three-man team is obviously useful, there have only been a few occasions where we had all three that were able (or needed) to fire on players. Also, if one team gets in serious trouble, the other team can offer assistance or split up (one continuing to loot, the other trying to get to the map for support). And if we get stuck in a TB cave map that lasts forever, we can be more confident in splitting up and just getting out of there instead of hunting for a mingo in a tunnel for half an hour.

What a fucking disaster. These assholes rolled the server back 18 hours, lost the fucking implant, the hours I wasted last night for nothing. What a bunch of fucking idiots.

They added some new things (like the master's army), but I'm just pissed man. Just our fucking luck.

FEATURES:

• Added new inventory actions, must be opened inventory and cursor must be in pointer type.
    Ctrl click on:
    • Item in armor,main hand or second hand slots will cause moving item in inventory.
    • Armor in inventory will cause wearing armor.
    • Weapon in inventory will cause moving weapon in main hand.
    • Not armor or weapon will cause moving item in second hand.

FIXES:
  • Fixed miss sound for attack from 2nd hand.
  • Fixed wrong price in dialog while selling prewar items.
  • Fixed bug with inability to enter player encounters while doing caravan/patrol.
  • Map fixes.
  • Shopkeepers will never fight back.

CHANGES:
  • Masters Army appeared near Mariposa.
  • Removed weapon drop crit effect in guarded towns except Ncr.
  • Sierra Caves/Sierra Caves Event: go back timeout disabled when player entering existing location and TB combat is started.
  • NR Wright Event: number of guards reduced to 4.
  • StealthBoy deterioration speed now not depends from how much players see sneaker.
  • Caravan routes between towns now a bit randomised.
  • Super Sledge can be disassembled.

kryminator

Augur
That is incredibly unfair. They just saved stuff of disco inferno flares niggas who are rich but were robbed and took away poor 'Chinese guy' implant - best item Mechete ever got - which could be our new worship object.

At least it looks like there is ability to shoot some mutants in TB. But probably kwabillion players hunting those.

Cassidy

Arcane
I have yet to see a free multiplayer game without this kind of shit. It's natural for people to bend the rules of the game they created if they aren't selling it. I wouldn't be surprised if this kind of crap happens even in shitty Pay-2-Win and subscription based MMOs

Nevertheless, having a developer-backed faction is pretty cheap, if it is all true rather than drama.

Last edited:
Some changes they plan to implement regarding alts:

Rules about multilog and fest-relog will be reworked with implementation new char control system.
As we plan system won't let players enter same location where they have other alt or if alt was killed in less than 3 minutes.

I also found a map to Encampment in caves yesterday, so I set it up on top of the respawn point near Broken Hills; figured it would be nice to do some semi-regular farming of Khans and Rogues and have a place very close to stash loot, and its proximity close to Shady and VC for trading purposes.

kryminator

Augur
I noticed that yesterday, but forgot to info You about it. Are You sure it's our base? Why I see it in orange color and not light blue like bunker or SF base or that Trapper Camp You established?

I noticed that yesterday, but forgot to info You about it. Are You sure it's our base? Why I see it in orange color and not light blue like bunker or SF base or that Trapper Camp You established?

The color for trapper camp was orange because I was playing around with the colors, also it was late and I didn't have time to try linking it with the faction. I'll try selling it, maybe can get some caps for it.

I moved some FAL's from bunker up to SF gas station, and established a quick loadout area near the bottom-right of the map; still need to make or move a case for armors. Also those little packets on the ground near it are daily drug packets, all you need to do is CNTRL+L and have your daily supply of nuke, jet, and cigarette.

ironyuri

I set up several spawn bases yesterday, and cleaned up the others.

I also made Smoky Joe a faction officer, invited an Australian friend (Goost), made Turisas an officer and crafted some fresh jet.

Tidied up the SF and Enclave bases with Kalin, dismantled all the shitty useless items into 1500~ metal parts ++ all the other parts.

Chinese Jetpilot git gud m8

Edit: ALSO PLEASE STOP CRAFTING SO MUCH FUCKING JUNK FOR CHRISTSAKE

We don't need 3 million fucking unspecial assault rifles, 10mm smgs and deagles. Jesus fucking Christ.

Some good news for us, and bad for Banda:

• Sierra Caves Level 2: chance to enter location with players is now equal to level 1 (chance decreased)
  • Sierra Caves Level 2: chance of unfair PvP (1 vs 3, 2 vs 3, 1 vs 2) decreased (but still possible)
Farm defence and Metro defence quests reworked:
  • Removed exp. for killing mobs
  • Maximum quest reward (per player !!!) set to 20000 exp. and 2000 caps for Farm defence and 40000 exp. and 4000 caps for Metro defence.
  • Player has to survive to receive reward.
  • Reward depends on number of alive defenders and is recalculated at the end of every wave. So, if all defenders survive last wave player will receive maximum reward. If all defender die before first wave finish player receive no reward.
  • Reward value will be shown to players at the end of every wave (map message).
  • Added randomized wave size.
  • Added defender autohealing.
  • Quest scaling adjusted.
  • Wave timeout & size adjusted, other minor adjustments.

And new tech:

[25.01.2015]
- H&K CAWS, .223 Pistol, Needler Pistol, HK P90c
- Light Support Weapon
- Plasma Rifle
- Super Cattle Prod
- Combat Armor
- Psycho not in craft yet but already can be obtained in many places.

kryminator

Augur
Anyone needs needler? I am going to craft a bunch later. Still looking for Caws and 223.

NXQUHna.jpg

ironyuri

Redeye Are you still cap farming? I need to ramp up Jet production and caps are beginning to run low.

If not, I will organise some caravan runs on SF or Fargo route with bros.

Forget jet production, we need more pyscho!

I did my civic duty today and killed a PK trying to lure players to a flare event. Before going, I took one dose of psycho. Unfortunately didn't get to do a damage test, as I killed the pk (Gatling) without being fired upon, but upon returning to base, I noticed this:

PE of 7, with cigs, under the effects of pyscho, resulting in the following visual distance (approx. 30 hexes in front):

20rkcwo.jpg

For comparison, here is visual range for PE 7 (no cigs):

r1abz5.jpg

I haven't tested To Hit chances, but 30 hex is plenty of visual distance, particularly with all the burst weapons.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I dissembled all our remaining tommy guns and greasers that weren't AP-reduced, as well as some excess miniguns. Also crafted a few laser rifles, rocket launchers and 14mm pistols for führerbunker since zealous dissembling and heavy usage have left us very short on firearms.

In SF base I dedicated two containers for strong juju items, one for AP-reduced guns and one for AP-blessed armours (just to the left of the lockers). Added 10 regular metal armours as well for Mariposa runs, they are way more expendable since they don't use up high-grade steel. Oh, and I restocked the BP cache with those from the bunker and the bookcase with more skill books, we have a nice little library now, very monocled if I may say so.

Oh yeah, and I redistributed some of our drugs, weapons and armours to Sierra base. Not sorted very nicely I'm afraid, but it will do. Got decent med/drug supplies and a few of each weapon type so we should be good for a while.

Concentration camps are still largely unused, didn't bother stocking them since it would stretch our limited resources way too thin. Figured we can just bring extra equipment to those when we use them.

Material-wise, we have more pipes than the Grunkerites in Christiania, but we are running a bit short on junk and wood. Since chopping and scavenging is physical work and thus unfit for enlightened negroes such as ourselves, I suggest we kill our distant super mutant kin for their precious loot.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Just a heads up that we might have some problems with the Midnight Riders. Joe and I killed Franky4Fingers and zetx in the caves after those two niggas shot first and continued shootan after being told our factions were on good terms. Franky-boy had a bone to grind since I had killed his mostly naked alt some hours earlier. Totally legit kill as per Kwanzanian Kode of Kondukt, I mean the little cracka was faction-less and within my line of sight. Had a motion sensor too, so not a complete waste of ammo. Very sure it was his alt, because as I was looting, Franky came in guns blazing (didn't get me though), and in the caves he spouted some butthurt about the whole thing. That fast-relogging cunt is a prime candidate for cultural enrichment if you ask me.

kryminator

Augur
I wouldn't be worried about it because those were Riders I have never met before so probably some inferior soldiers. Also, it was not first time Riders starts to shot us in caves and everytime it was some dumb niggaz. Last time I spent two turns talking to those imbeciles to stop that I am friendly etc instead of just shot them. Of course they killed me then and I hadn't even fire single bullet at them. So now if they attack I retaliate. And, as Kalin said it was them who started shooting. Either way it was good fight and I think higher ranged Riders know that they have some idiots between them (remember barabbas shouting at the rest of his squad in Glow?).

btw. I bought Caws bp for 9k so I can craft all new tech weapons: needlers (crafed 33 and 0 -ap), .223 pistols (9/0) and caws (12/0).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom