Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Codex GOTY 2015 - Results

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
BTW, now that we also have the usernames, post number and reg date, we can check how various demographics voted.

For example, this is the overall Top 10 old fag result, accounting only voters from 2009 & earlier (194 in total):
  1. Age of Decadence 4,03
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 3,98
  3. Underrail 3,98
  4. Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Editon 3,75
  5. Invisible, Inc. 3,75
  6. Conquest of Elysium 4 3,67
  7. Chaos Reborn 3,66
  8. Shadowrun: Hong Kong 3,60
  9. Serpent in the Staglands 3,59
  10. Wasteland 2: Director's Cut 3,57
Here's the same data, but with only post-2009 new fags (548 in total):
  1. Underrail 4,18
  2. Age of Decadence 4,15
  3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 3,93
  4. Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Editon 3,81
  5. Invisible, Inc. 3,73
  6. Voidspire Tactics 3,64
  7. Conquest of Elysium 4 3,62
  8. Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim 3,55
  9. Serpent in the Staglands 3,53
  10. Swords and Sorcery - Underworld - Definitive Edition 3,50
Now you know why Underrail won.

Pretty damning that S&S: Underworld actually appealed more to newfags than to old school gamers.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Poll proves jackshit, because butthurted UR fanboys downvoted AoD intentionally. It was enough to create 0.02 difference, congrats to all the UR fans! lel
I just double-checked and there's just one retard (registered in 2015 with 70 posts) downvoting UR with the lowest rating of 1. As you can see ladies and gentlemen, AoD truly is a mature game for mature audience who doesn't feel the need to do any stupid childish shenanigans in order to put their favorite game on some virtual pedestal. Unlike UR, where fanbase is much more childish and insecure, obviously.

:troll:

(Just for the record, voted 5 for AoD and 4 for UR.)
QFT (almost, there are four 1 votes but only 2 of them come from AoD fanboys).

I was disqualified due to some kind of technical issue. I think I accidentally hit the submit button, pressed Enter, or something similar before I'd made my selections properly. I don't really remember exactly what happened, since it didn't matter much even at the time, and certainly doesn't matter now. (...)
Unless they disqualified you immediately you had a chance to change your votes and correct that accident "mistake" as you say.
AoD fans shitting on Underrail in an attempt to decrease the latter's comparative prestyg was one of the recurring themes of 2015. (...)
rotfl
What shitting?
People who enjoyed Underrail more than AoD by and large acknowledged AoD's worthiness and didn't go out of their way to shit on it, whereas people who enjoyed AoD more were aggrieved by Underrail's somewhat higher popularity and visibility, and vigorously shat upon it at every opportunity.
Absurd, John_Blazze, LizardWizard, MasterSmithFandango, mbpopolano2, Radimus, Renegen, Ulminati and ZodoZ rated AoD 1 and UR 5 (so 9 people like that)
FeelTheRads rated AoD 1 and UR 4

Now compare it to AoD fanboys:

Only likaq and MarkedOne rated AoD 5 and UR 1 (and overall only 4 people rated this game this low, Paul_cz who didn't rate AoD and some faggot who also rated AoD 1).

So UR fanboys win 10:2 against AoD fanboys and deserve Darth Roxor's seal of cult approval.

Also compare my criticism towards UR (post #1, post#2, post #3) with FeelTheRads posts where he called it shit even though the only thing he complained about was teleporting.

I imagine this poll, pointless and meaningless as it is, is like salt in those wounds.
Says the guy who took the effort to rig it :D.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pretty damning that S&S: Underworld actually appealed more to newfags than to old school gamers.

That's a recognized phenomenon. Lots of esoteric RPG sub-genre fans started finding their way to the Codex as it expanded over the years, whereas the older crowd was largely composed of Black Isle and Troika fans.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
oldfags are 2007 and before, not 2009. theres a ton of retard from 2008 and 2009. why the arbitrary distinction? 2007 has been set in stone as the year the oldfags died for years now.
Codex is 14 years old, so if you registered in 2009 you've been here for half the show. Seems reasonable to me.

But here's the 2007 cut year for ya (103 in total):
  1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 4,22
  2. Underrail 4,22
  3. Age of Decadence 4,08
  4. Invisible, Inc. 3,92
  5. Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Editon 3,91
  6. Chaos Reborn 3,81
  7. Fallen: A2P Protocol 3,74
  8. Shadowrun: Hong Kong 3,72
  9. Telepath Tactics 3,66
  10. Serpent in the Staglands 3,61
Gotta love that potato... and Fallen A2P, really? What, you guys thought the box art was Fallout-like?

Fairfax

Arcane
BTW, now that we also have the usernames, post number and reg date, we can check how various demographics voted.

For example, this is the overall Top 10 old fag result, accounting only voters from 2009 & earlier (194 in total):
  1. Age of Decadence 4,03
  3. Underrail 3,98
  5. Invisible, Inc. 3,75
  7. Chaos Reborn 3,66
  1. Underrail 4,18
  2. Age of Decadence 4,15
  5. Invisible, Inc. 3,73
Oldfags didn't play Voidspire Tactics? Shame on them. +M

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Here's another cut - addicts vs lurkers:

Only those with >1000 posts (111 in total):
  1. Underrail 4,13
  2. Age of Decadence 4,12
  4. Conquest of Elysium 4 3,81
  5. Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Editon 3,79
  6. Invisible, Inc. 3,76
  7. Swords and Sorcery - Underworld - Definitive Edition 3,71
  8. Telepath Tactics 3,65
  9. Voidspire Tactics 3,64
  10. Serpent in the Staglands 3,62
Only those with <1000 posts (522 in total):
  1. Underrail 4,19
  2. Age of Decadence 4,16
  3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 4,00
  4. Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Editon 3,83
  5. Invisible, Inc. 3,79
  6. Conquest of Elysium 4 3,65
  7. Voidspire Tactics 3,62
  8. Shadowrun: Hong Kong 3,55
  9. Chaos Reborn 3,54
  10. Wasteland 2: Director's Cut 3,53

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Oh man, I saw all those alerts when I got home and knew people were Brofisting each other 15-20 times while ridiculing me about how felipepepe TOTALLY OWNED ME, OWWWW! THAT SMARTS, BETTER LEAVE THE CODEX FOREVER! with his trap card.

My first reaction was to blow some air out of my nose and move on to shitposting in GD, but here's one last attempt at sanity. Folks, it's a poll that absolutely no one who isn't autistic genuinely gives a shit about. Two to three minutes of half-assed effort for the chance to shitpost later about how my favorite game won the poll is all I'm willing to give.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Folks, it's a poll that absolutely no one who isn't autistic genuinely gives a shit about. Two to three minutes of half-assed effort for the chance to shitpost later about how my favorite game won the poll is all I'm willing to give.

You voted for 108 games in this poll.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I only rated one game that I didn't play it or the demo: Undertail. Because shit like that should not even be on Codex list or be considered a RPG so it got a 1 from me. Well I also gave SCL a 1 but I watched enough youtube and twitch of the gameplay to consider myself be allowed to vote for it.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Goral
This is hogwash based on a bunch of retards. I could make all these votes in my spare time if I wanted to. I checked the data. AoD fanboys (people who gave it 5) gave UR 3,7 rating, while UR fansboys gave AoD 4,2 average rating. It's obvious that it's the AoD fans who are blinded with hate.

Trashos

Arcane
Anybody kind enough to inform us newfags about this "Skyway" piece of Codex Lore?

Kz3r0

Arcane
Underrail and AOD neck to neck at top, as deserved.

People who enjoyed Poe thought it was pr. cool and moved on, empty room now occupied by gollums licking each others arseholes screaming in delight that Poe isnt goty like nobody thought it was
:butthurt:

Last edited:
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Yeah, what was his deal? He was active before I registered. All I remember was that he had Anachronox avatar and hated everything besides one specific niche game and it wasn't Anachronox.

Wolfe

Arbiter

1. Age of Decadence 4,03
  3. Underrail 3,98
  5. Invisible, Inc. 3,75
  7. Chaos Reborn 3,66
  1. Underrail 4,18
  2. Age of Decadence 4,15
  5. Invisible, Inc. 3,73

Love how Twitcher is better received by oldfags than by newfags. Dat popamole doe :salute:

Agree with the top 3 in RPGOTY, it's exactly the same as mine. And good job for bashing Fallout 4 to its rightful place.

Septaryeth

Augur
You could just pick the lowest score out of BA and normal average for every game. That way games that only have one "5" vote will still be adjusted down, but games that only have "1"s would land at the bottom of the list.

I been starting into the excel file for half an hour.

Fuck it, I'm just going to admit I'm a retard. Can somebody explain to me how to do that?
I should have listened when my math teacher told me statistics will become important the day I'll need to interpret a codex poll.:negative:

where do you think you are?

Twitcher I understand, but WL2? C'mon. And on that account, DOS: EE has similar number of voters as well, with both being remastered titles.
AoD and Underrail also seem to share the same number of voters.
But PoE just stomped over all of them in terms of numbers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom