Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Codex GOTY 2015 - Results

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Dunno, why don't you calculate yourself?

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm pleased with the results, though I wish there was also a vote by committee like Unkillable Cat mentioned.

My autist fantasy is a trinity of votes:
this one (direct democracy of the unwashed masses)
a staff and content contributors vote (like last year)
and a vote by elected monocled representatives. Autist dictates that only members who registered at the codex 5 or more years ago are eligible to vote or run for Monoclerate and the number of representatives elected is equal to 10% of the number of voters. Runners have to have played 10 or more games released that year to be eligible for Monoclerate.

The more votes, the more numbers. The more numbers, the more data. The more data, the more knowledge. The more knowledge the more [/AUTISM]

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
I have wide smile and warm fuzzies now.
Oe3Sw3H.jpg

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
BTW, now that we also have the usernames, post number and reg date, we can check how various demographics voted.

For example, this is the overall Top 10 old fag result, accounting only voters from 2009 & earlier (194 in total):
  1. Age of Decadence 4,03
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 3,98
  3. Underrail 3,98
  4. Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Editon 3,75
  5. Invisible, Inc. 3,75
  6. Conquest of Elysium 4 3,67
  7. Chaos Reborn 3,66
  8. Shadowrun: Hong Kong 3,60
  9. Serpent in the Staglands 3,59
  10. Wasteland 2: Director's Cut 3,57
Here's the same data, but with only post-2009 new fags (548 in total):
  1. Underrail 4,18
  2. Age of Decadence 4,15
  3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 3,93
  4. Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Editon 3,81
  5. Invisible, Inc. 3,73
  6. Voidspire Tactics 3,64
  7. Conquest of Elysium 4 3,62
  8. Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim 3,55
  9. Serpent in the Staglands 3,53
  10. Swords and Sorcery - Underworld - Definitive Edition 3,50
Now you know why Underrail won.

And half or more of those "newfags" are alts of "oldfags" (including me), so yeah doesn't tell you anything.

Tigranes

Arcane
Underrail and AOD neck to neck at top, as deserved.

People who enjoyed Poe thought it was pr. cool and moved on, empty room now occupied by gollums licking each others arseholes screaming in delight that Poe isnt goty like nobody thought it was

Tigranes

Arcane
Seems like witcher 3 is the AAA game that achieved codexian approval, for all the controversy.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I'm surprised to see The Witcher at 3rd place. I thought Codex didn't like boring action games.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seems like witcher 3 is the AAA game that achieved codexian approval, for all the controversy.

The Witcher 3 - because all this time what we really wanted was a Bio-thesda game without cringeworthy writing.

(not a hater, though)

Last edited:
Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
Spread of shame, i.e. those who rated Age of Decadence 1:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QFjcVZAK--m8NawGUumFpEVFEXg8ZBnSuhYd58FNXlI/edit?usp=sharing

Users in yellow deserve some special tag, UR fanboys were obvious but FeelTheRads I can forgive since Vault Dweller hurt his feelings and he can't stand him ever since.

I've also included users who rated AoD 2 but was too lazy to see whether any F4/Undertale fanboys were in there.

Absurd
FeelTheRads (UR fanboy and VD hurt his feelings)
Grampy_Bone
Hobo Elf
John_Blazze (Witcher and UR fanboy)
Kiste
LizardWizard (PoE/UR fanboy)
MasterSmithFandango (UR fanboy)
mbpopolano24
Ormagöden
Pirata Alma
Negra
Radimus (UR fanboy)
Renegen (UR fanboy)
Ruzen
The Game Analists
Ulminati
ZodoZ

Ulminati being a faggot is common knowledge for any codexer. In the little time he was a way Codex markedly improved.
I'm convinced that FeelTheRads is insane irl.
Hobo Elf joining the anti-AoD bandwagon is sad and a display of his weak mind.
Ormagöden should be ashamed of himself to join this group of losers.
MasterSmithFandango is THE Underrail fanboy who wouldn't shut up about the game in shoutbox for weeks on end, one of the reason I still haven't played the game. The hype about it is absurd. Considering he's a very passionate guy, I'll give him a pass.
The Game Analists is very autistic and a true nerd, but other than that he's a bro.

The rest are a bunch of nobodies, losers. All should be ashamed of themselves.

On a positive note, I'm surprise no Underatale fan voted 1 for AoD. Not even the girls? Well, congrats to you for that. My faith in humanity improved.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Overall pretty happy with the results, only thing bugging me is D:OS winning an undeserved 1st place over WL2: directers for the REMASTER category. WL2:Dc had a shitton more changes and improvements than the D:OS.. meh

Also, i'm sad to see Hard West to far down the list on tacticool, I thought it was pretty great.

Anyway, Underrail won.. so all is GUD ;)

Well, thing is, the original D:OS was good enough to warrant a second playthrough to check out the new content and vote for it.
Original WL2 was pretty crappy and I really just can't be assed to play it again... which is regretful because I really wanted it to be good and maybe they did fix it in the Final Definitive Director Approved Enhanced Special Cut... But they should have just fucking released a good version in the first place instead of ruining the experience for people who pick up the game immediately.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Overall pretty happy with the results, only thing bugging me is D:OS winning an undeserved 1st place over WL2: directers for the REMASTER category. WL2:Dc had a shitton more changes and improvements than the D:OS.. meh

Also, i'm sad to see Hard West to far down the list on tacticool, I thought it was pretty great.

Anyway, Underrail won.. so all is GUD ;)

Well, thing is, the original D:OS was good enough to warrant a second playthrough to check out the new content and vote for it.
Original WL2 was pretty crappy and I really just can't be assed to play it again... which is regretful because I really wanted it to be good and maybe they did fix it in the Final Definitive Director Approved Enhanced Special Cut... But they should have just fucking released a good version in the first place instead of ruining the experience for people who pick up the game immediately.

You know how dumb your post sounds?

Who the fuck cares about how good or bad the ORIGINAL VANILLA game was or is? That's not what we were voting on (GOTY 2014, ring a fucking bell?), we voted on the best REMASTER of the vanilla game.. you know, the most improvements etc. objectively.

And this award should go to WL2- DC in every sense of the word.

D:OS:EE was so fucking laughably bad, to the point of nothing was basically changed and what WAS changed fucking sucked, and the VO was worse than WL2s.

So yea, in some peoples eyes, D:OS might have been a better vanilla game (it wasn't), but the remaster was so fucking shit, it made WL2-DC look like a genuine masterpiece work of art.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I didn't play any games last year, so I couldn't vote. I did, however, leave AoD on the title screen for 45 hours just in case anyone checked my Steam times.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm not sure I comprehend, but there seem to be games who one person voted for, and this person gave it a 1/5. And still this game get's a "Bayesian average" of 3,3 and is rated above PoE?!

sstacks

Arcane
Given that, who would even dare serve on a panel of judges?

I'be already been labeled a rancid pile of shill for saying publicly I've had fun with SCL, so I wouldn't have anything to lose.

Then again, this being the Codex someone would find a way :P

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

The Witcher 3 - because all this time what we really wanted was a Bio-thesda game without cringeworthy writing.

(not a hater, though)
We always wanted something that is good and also makes use of all the hardware we spent thousands of dollars on (for legit reasons and not total disregard for optimization).

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
oldfags are 2007 and before, not 2009. theres a ton of retard from 2008 and 2009. why the arbitrary distinction? 2007 has been set in stone as the year the oldfags died for years now.
because then i would be a retarded newfag and that's obviously wrong.

sorry bro, you came after skyway. better luck next time
you have got a point. but considering > 2009 is the definition for newfags, it's still possible for different sorts of fags to exist in between new and oldfags. how about middlefags?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
DS2:SOTF is voted as shit, obviously because people here don't like controllers and action games (which is their loss). But then they vote Twitcher as goty? Potato propaganda, nothing more. As far as action games go, it sucked huge ass. As far as RPGs, meh. People just vote for game from their country and it skewed the results heavily. It's like fucking Eurovision over here.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
DS2:SOTF is voted as shit, obviously because people here don't like controllers and action games (which is their loss). But then they vote Twitcher as goty? Potato propaganda, nothing more. As far as action games go, it sucked huge ass. As far as RPGs, meh. People just vote for game from their country and it skewed the results heavily. It's like fucking Eurovision over here.
As far as RPG W3 had great storytelling, setting/wolrdbuilding and quests, decent (if too little) C&C; its combat was the only really bad thing (and yes, there was much of it but at least it was quick and easy unless physically handicapped)...
Feel free to disagree, but apparently a lot of people here seem to feel the same way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom