Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Codex EU4 Multiplayer Game - this time with actual rules!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Paging the usual suspects:
Merkwürdigliebe Krash CrimsonAngel raw Sranchammer Flying Spaghetti Monster Sulimo tyrannosaurus rex kris

Paging those that expressed some interest but havent actually yet played with us:
Reject_666_6 Wilian The Brazilian Slaughter Renegen Kaldurenik

Paging Vaarne who is a turbonerd and never actually plays with us:
Vaarna_Aarne

Here are my suggestions for player nations with opinion on their difficulty:
1. Portugal - easy,
2. Castille - easy,
3. Aragon- hard,
4. France - medium,
5. England - easy,
6. Burgundy - hard,
7. Savoy/Milan/Venice/Naples - hard/hard/medium/medium,
8. Austria - easy,
9. Bohemia - medium, hard if 2+ other HRE players,
10. Brandenburg - hard, super hard if 2+ other HRE players,
11. Denmark - medium, easy if no Sweden,
12. Sweden - medium, easy if no Denmark,
13. Poland - medium,
14. Hungary - hard,
15. Bavaria - medium, hard if 2+ other HRE players,
16. Hansa - medium, hard if 2+ other HRE players.
Muscovy/Ottomans - banned for players.

Here are current reservations for nations:
tyrannosaurus rex - Aragon
raw - Venice
Sranchammer - Burgundy (will rise again!!!)
Krash - France
Wilian - Portugal
CrimsonAngel - You forgot about Poland
The Brazilian Slaughter - Morocco (or Algiers presumably once he checks out which one suits him more)
Chef Hathaway - Austria (for now)
kris - Hansa/Hungary/Sweden
Merkwundegliebe - Hungary/England/Switzerland
Malakal - Denmark/Sweden/England

I myself am thinking about Sweden/Denmark/England for a change of pace and more naval oriented nation but I will try to fit in whatever we need for the game.

The overall goal of this game is to have player action right from the start with a crowded western Europe/North Africa and limited AI bashing. I would be overjoyed if we actually had an emperor willing to protect the HRE but thats up to the HRE players.

Here be my custom house rules tailored for our needs with extreme care:
1. Dont be a jerk to other players. Dont play to ruin their nations. Its ok to annex a player if you have no other choice but dont be a wanker about it. If you lost a war and there is no hope surrender, you will get better terms. If you think the situation is salvageable because you have allies coming or think that enemies will peace out separately tell so we dont have to suffer constant pausing and nagging for peace.
2. Dont pause the game without a real need. And I mean REAL. We play at speed 2 sometimes 3 its enough to handle everything most of the time and if you lose an army by mistake it happens to everyone - this rule favours smaller nations too.
3. Dont exploit the game or the AI.
4. Be on time and if you cant be there post in the thread and inform everyone.

Now theres the issue of the time we will play this. Obviously it should be weekend because we either work or receive education. Currently the most favoured time slot seems to be Saturdays 17-24 CET which is GMT +1 which is 12-19 GMT -4 used on the east coast of the US. About one hour difference for our Brazilian.

We can also try to play Sunday or Fridays but Saturday seems most sensible. I would like everyone to post their preferred time and if they can play on Friday and Sunday. I think we will make this one time a week not to burn out to soon.

Last edited:
I'm getting to crunch time in the semester - don't really have the time right now until the semester ends in ~5 weeks. At that time I can sub, but I wouldn't feel right taking a country and then potentially not being able to play.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Seeing the LACKLUSTRE response to this thread, starting today, I will personally nag you all fucks on pm on steam. YOU BROUGHT IT ON YOURSELF.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Right right i am here. School is still kicking my ass, but i can be one Saturday or Sunday, but be warned if Saturday i might go drinking instead.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Any day is fine, although I'm heading back to the frozen north this weekend so will have to sit the first session out I guess.

yeye

Augur
I'll try to show up for some sessions but I don't want to play an important country as I usually go out over the weekend. My participation can be inconsistent at best. It's best I don't reserve anything and just pick up whatever's free when I do show up.

Krash

Arcane
I'll try to show up for some sessions but I don't want to play an important country as I usually go out over the weekend. My participation can be inconsistent at best. It's best I don't reserve anything and just pick up whatever's free when I do show up.

What about a HRE minor? Switzerland? Or maybe some smaller Italian state? As long as you don't mind getting raped by conquest hungry neighbors, everything in Europe's fair game.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Do we start this week? If so I might not be able to attend as I have my grandfather's 75th birthday to attend to.

Quilty

Magister
I'm interested in joining, but I only have a version of the game removed from the inventory. I assume the rest of you don't have this problem?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm interested in joining, but I only have a version of the game removed from the inventory. I assume the rest of you don't have this problem?

I am not sure how we could play this game with versions like this seeing as even original ones crash all the time and they dont need hamachi. Yes, we are playing legit copies.

I'd play, no idea who as though. I'm also available any day for the most part.

Right now we need mainly Austria or Castille, whichever suits you more.

Krash

Arcane
I might go for Austria then, I haven't really played them that much.

Be sure to practice a bit, Austria is a the center of the clusterfuck with enemies on all sides. It might be good to find some solid HRE allies as well, a medium power player is well worth it especially if it's Brandenburg.

I might be induced into helping you as well, for a slice of the HRE of course. ;)

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Since at least two people said they would prefer we started next week I propose we postpone the first session one week. What do you guys think? We still need to cover major nations like Castille so we need more players.

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
Next week is fine by me, the more the merrier. And if one of the later joining people wants Austria or Castille, it's fine by me. I kind of want to try the Mamluks, or maybe even Serbia now that they have national ideas. But if no one takes them (Austria/Castille), I'll go with either.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
My internet will probably be up by then so I have no thought or opinion on the date.

I am kinda afraid to ask but what would theoretically happen if you were to go to a internet provider in your city and like BUY a 10 mb/s connection. Ye, I know, crazy talk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom