Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Dwarf Fortress Succession Game LP

hello friend

Arcane
Any interest? I'm thinking one of those standard succession fortresses where you pass the save around and narrate the year's events, although with one caveat: People take screenshots with stonesense. Don't have to play with stonesense on, but turn it on for screenshots, for LP purposes. It looks better.

Disclaimer, though. I am green as a bamboo shoot when it comes to dwarf fortress, I fucked around with it one time years back - aboveground fortress succumbed to undead fish and zombie virus or smth.

Don't know how save compatibility works, Lazy Newb pack has dfhack and dwarf therapist i think. Might be easiest if everyone just got the newest Lazy Newb.

Any takers?

Edit:

So far we've got

asfasdf
tindrli
baud ?
hello friend
RoBoBOBR

Lazy Newb Pack for Windows

Text tutorial for Lazy Newb, dno how recent

Signups are open

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I would if I had a more experience than 'tried five minute and gave up in despair'. But I'll be watching. And the stonesense screenshots are cool

vazha

Arcane
Tried to play it, gave up after an hour. My brain isn't strong enough.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, all my dwarfs are dying of thirst and I can't seem to get them to build workshops. I think I'm too popamole for this game. Or my dwarfs are too stupid too live.

Mostly I don't understand how stairs work, since my dwarfs are stuck on different floors.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom