Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Diversity Squad (Steam Multiplayer Group)

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
:roll:

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Ed123 said:
bumped becoz I played a few games with Mangoose/AI/pubs. It's a lot of fun actually. Very much like Left 4 Dead in that the whole team really needs to know what they're doing - when they should hunker down and defend, when they should set up a crossfire against dah po-lice, which angles to cover during assaults and so forth. Newbies will get buttraped, but will markedly improve within a game or two (plus get better gear). Knowing each map is also a factor because you can get in position for each objective and save yourself a lot of time (which it's important you make best use of between enemy waves).

If anything I'd say cops are a bit too accurate. Even regular pistol-armed enemies can snipe you from a mile away. It seems to be set up to encourage glancing out, popping a couple of moles and then hiding again until they return their attention to another teammate - making flanking and misdirection vital.

There's health regen, but taking more than two-three hits will reduce your maximum hp, and so far I havn't seen any way to replenish it other than dying and being revived (which seems a bit cheap) or possibly being regenerated between objectives.

There's a medic bag item (hold down F for 5-10 seconds to use) like the ammo bag.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
The only part of any mission I really struggle with is getting out of the scaffolding/building after the plane takes THE CHINAMAN.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Sorry guys. My internet is just too random at nights, this isn't going to work. My net peaks in the mornings only and drops dead at nights.

First match was fun though. :thumbsup:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Joined to this group and to the original RPG Codex group as well. :salute:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Menckenstein said:
Gragt said:
Any of you plays Killing Floor?

Yeah. It is good mindless fun.

I'd hardly call it mindless, unless you enjoy wiping over and over again :D

Anyway I mostly play on Hard these days, trying to move to Suicidal but it's unusual to find people who play well with others on most servers. I wouldn't mind to have some people to play it more or less regularly with.

Bruticis

Joined, although I live in freedomland and might have timezone issues with many of you.

WhiteGamer

Educated
Sovard said:
Next time I'll take screenshots of me topping every category except for "most downed".

:smug:

Surviving 20 minutes in Hells Reach is pretty insane. We ran that game.

WhiteGamer

Educated
Room is now full, thanks guys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom