Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CODEX BLOOD BOWLAN'time

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm playing something with AV9 next season if I don't win.

I'll make sure to bring a 1600 TV Nurgle or Chaos team full of CPoMBers:troll:

Seriously though, pick Khemri.

Actually, if we agree on a TV of that level, I'm thinking about bringing back Dead Money. If I win though, it'll be something wacky.

The third option is probably a very wacky and suboptimal Chaos team built for the Passing game or something.

Garm

Learned
Actually, if we agree on a TV of that level, I'm thinking about bringing back Dead Money. If I win though, it'll be something wacky.

The third option is probably a very wacky and suboptimal Chaos team built for the Passing game or something.

Bah, fuck this bringing in old teams. Next league should be completely fresh.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Garm: Bah, playing with TV1000 teams for the 900th time. Why don't you just bring in an old team of your own? Or do you and Captain Shrek find it hilarious to play the umpteenth league with unskilled teams? I've had my fill of every match being decided by one or two double skulls because no one has any skills or re-rolls, and on top of that, fresh teams just aren't very interesting 'cause they more or less all play alike.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
guyses, plz no fresh teams, i won't be able to use my carefully orchestrated powergamed team with 4 superstar players that I ground on a bro's halfling team :(

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I'm staying out of next season. Gonna move on to other games. Was fun.

Undead Phoenix, I do believe we are playing this week (already been mistaken before), you good for a weekend match?
Weekend is good. You bring the ball, I'll bring the lube :smug:

On the topic of new teams - I much prefer facing teams that have history in the previous RPGCodex leagues. Facings ones that have grinded up out of nothing, with the generated names, just isn't as tasteful as going against ones who've you seen exchanging kicks with your previous opponents team.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Undead Phoenix, I do believe we are playing this week (already been mistaken before), you good for a weekend match?
Weekend is good. You bring the ball, I'll bring the lube :smug:

On the topic of new teams - I much prefer facing teams that have history in the previous RPGCodex leagues. Facings ones that have grinded up out of nothing, with the generated names, just isn't as tasteful as going against ones who've you seen exchanging kicks with your previous opponents team.

In theory, I agree, but I don't think new people should have to start with 1000TV teams against old terror-teams. 1000TV just isn't very fucking fun, it's not how Blood Bowl is best. Plus, the new teams (with a cap of 1400 as we usually have had them) gain a history fast anyway :)

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
ImageRoster.aspx

:M

Or we just go full on stunty like was suggested donkeys ago
:troll:

I don't mind 1000TV only Leagues because they tend to get really interesting about halfway through - there's more development in grabbing a single +St or +Ag or Doubles on your Big Guy than there is when you've already got a couple of them aboard. And that's without taking into account the perspective of those few guys who seem to become the whipping boys of the season, it really sucks to be them.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Or we just go full on stunty like was suggested donkeys ago
:troll:

I don't mind 1000TV only Leagues because they tend to get really interesting about halfway through - there's more development in grabbing a single +St or +Ag or Doubles on your Big Guy than there is when you've already got a couple of them aboard. And that's without taking into account the perspective of those few guys who seem to become the whipping boys of the season, it really sucks to be them.

I disagree. I was the whipping-boy in the Codex FUMBBL league, and I'd contradict you on two points:

1) I had tons of fun being the whipping boy.

2) I was as much the whipping boy in the 1000TV league that we played as I would have been if it had been a 1400 league. The only difference was I had less inducements to play with, which is the one thing that makes being the whipping boy really rewarding; you get to toy with tons of inducements. I just had a completely broken team and I still only had 300k max in inducements.

So yeah, all around, 1000TV leagues suuuuuuuck.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Another problem with 1000TV leagues is that they are just as imbalanced as higher tiers. D0rfs, orcs, amazons - they are great at low TVs. Chaos, Necro are absolute shit. In addition, agility teams gain SPPs much faster (and lose faster too +M)

I too don't want to see an all-rookie tournament. I think the 1400 cap works well, we could extend it to 1500 or even 1600 (maybe). I really am not partial to put out Decliners again, I like my vamps even if they can fuck everything up quickly.

If coaches don't have advanced teams or simply prefer to start new ones, we can always divide the league into two groups, based on starting TV rather than timezones. Though having one big group is AAAWesome.

one thing I feel is needed is a total preventive ban on d0rfs :M

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I am partial to increasing the cap to 1500 so I can enter my wood elves and then someone can kill my level 4 wardancer because I think I built her skills wrong.

And yeah, no TV1000 league please, it'd be boring.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Or am I? High limit means I can sign up my necromantic team with AG4 werewolves and blodge flesh golems :troll:

Sure, go ahead. As long as I get to play interesting matches with skilled players instead of the same vanilla teams I've played with and against for 6000 matches.

I'd suggest a cap of 1400 for teams, maybe higher for old Codex teams as per Undead Phoenix. That also means you've had a chance to maim higher TV teams in old leagues before meeting them in new ones.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Actually, I am perfectly fine with the 1400 limit set in this league, and think it's pretty optimal.

I just couldn't pass up the occasion to trorr a grunker :troll:

Garm

Learned
Garm: Bah, playing with TV1000 teams for the 900th time. Why don't you just bring in an old team of your own? Or do you and Captain Shrek find it hilarious to play the umpteenth league with unskilled teams? I've had my fill of every match being decided by one or two double skulls because no one has any skills or re-rolls, and on top of that, fresh teams just aren't very interesting 'cause they more or less all play alike.

I brought in an old team for the past two leagues. It's getting old and really fucks over the newer players when the rest of us bring in our min-max teams. Granted they probably wouldn't do much better in a fresh league either, but at least they have some chance to win. And playing smart and managing rerolls is vital to the game. Mainly I'm just sick of seeing one or two uber teams that you know will be able to coast through the league simply because of they have a powerful team.

Another problem with 1000TV leagues is that they are just as imbalanced as higher tiers. D0rfs, orcs, amazons - they are great at low TVs. Chaos, Necro are absolute shit. In addition, agility teams gain SPPs much faster (and lose faster too +M)

I too don't want to see an all-rookie tournament. I think the 1400 cap works well, we could extend it to 1500 or even 1600 (maybe). I really am not partial to put out Decliners again, I like my vamps even if they can fuck everything up quickly.

If coaches don't have advanced teams or simply prefer to start new ones, we can always divide the league into two groups, based on starting TV rather than timezones. Though having one big group is AAAWesome.
one thing I feel is needed is a total preventive ban on d0rfs :M

Actually dividing the league by TV might not be a bad idea.

And yes, fuck dwarves.

Lastly, where the hell are you getting the idea that Necro suck at low TV? They get 2 block players, two ST 4, and a MV 8, along with 3 rerolls for 1000tv. Oh, and they all have regen.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I think a higher cap for old Codex teams could work. As I said, it gives people a chance to maim important players they think they're gonna see again.

Garm: Fallacy. They want a 1400TV team, they can just bring it.

stabby

Learned
Speaking as one of the current whipping boys of the league, who just so happened to bring in a fresh 1000TV team I might add (alright, maybe not a valid point as they are Amazons), I must say I'm actually pretty cool with the setup as is. Yeah, I've been on the short end of the TV scale, and I've got Nuffle on speed-dial with all the 1-die blocks I've been pulling all season, but I can say I've had no lack of fun regardless of my loss/win ratio.

Can't say for sure if the Lolis will be back next season (have to see the body count in the next 2 games), but if I bring in a new team I doubt I'll build them up past 1200 to start (league needs it's Jobbers, right?)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom