Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Blood Bowl League

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Me and Garm played. Replay here, MicoSelva: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3613210/Replay_2012-10-25_23-45-01.db (it's a Chaos Edition replay)

Garm killed my zombie early. I then took out a Saurus, and then knocked out another Saurus and his Krox. They didn't get up in the second half, and with no subs, Garm was three players down. He actually made a really good play which could have made it 2-1 for him and given him a chance for an equalizer - all it required was a hand-off from skink to skink. He didn't make it, so I won 2-1. But a really good game. I felt both players played really well, and my efforts to maximize claw use on his sauri and foul his Krox paid off - his actions weren't favored by the dice to the same degree, and it showed. Could have gone either way, point was both players made relatively few mistakes, I think.

GOOD GAME Garm! :salute:

scratchmonkey

Educated
I only brought up the concern with CE because I read on the BB Tactics forum that replays from CE didn't play nice with BBM. If they fixed that, there shouldn't be any reason not to include CE in the next league (although I will almost certainly just bring over my Norse, since they just started getting interesting at the end of the league).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm actually pondering bringing Dead Money in for a last spin too... I just fucking love necro even though they're not a very high tier team in my eyes... But Skaven. Man I dunno.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Match uploaded to BBM. I should probably make a separate BBM league for the playoffs, but it seems too much trouble.

Garm

Learned
I'm actually pondering bringing Dead Money in for a last spin too... I just fucking love necro even though they're not a very high tier team in my eyes... But Skaven. Man I dunno.

Do it! We need some less bashy teams in the next league to freshen things up a bit. Plus killing your Gutter Runners with my Warpstone Troll will be great :D

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Do it! We need some less bashy teams

Necro and Skaven play almost identically. Skaven are just better at that playstyle (shooting the gap), even though Necro are supposedly better at facilitating it (because they can actually make a gap). But I block almost an equal amount when I play Necro and Skaven :)

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Our match with Toasboy finished;
Ogres had good rolls, except when it was absolutely needed; nurgle warriors have great catching skills; good news everyone - Herve Caen is dead; I won 2-0

Captain Shrek

I only brought up the concern with CE because I read on the BB Tactics forum that replays from CE didn't play nice with BBM. If they fixed that, there shouldn't be any reason not to include CE in the next league (although I will almost certainly just bring over my Norse, since they just started getting interesting at the end of the league).
I am not sure if that is a good idea. Norse do offer a unique play style, but they are not for long term commitment. Why not try Dwarves instead? Give them a whirl; they are Norse without the werewolves/troll but better. They have good armour; come with almost ubiquitous block, and their blockers get tackle to oppose fast teams. Used smartly they are probably a very balanced team.

hoverdog

Developer
Why not try Dwarves instead?
vader.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I suggest everyone ignore scoring and safety in any game against a dwarven team and go directly after killing their players. With the whole league doing this, it should be a matter of time before the team fields 11 loners.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Have you ever played against them? Shit easy to play, only wins 1-0, free block and tackle for everyone, shit boring to play against.

scratchmonkey

Educated
Nah, I know Norse are difficult and probably over-matched; I just got my positionals to the point where they have some decent skills and I'd like to see how they play at a TV that's somewhat closer to the other teams in the league.

desocupado

Magister
Have you ever played against them? Shit easy to play, only wins 1-0, free block and tackle for everyone, shit boring to play against.

And they have AV9 for the lineman. Bloody AV9.

They seem horribly overpowered to me. Their only problem is the movement speed, and it's not such a big issue.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
They are only "OP" (fuck that term in Blood Bowl, as I have talked about before) at lower TVs. Once the POMBers get going they eat dwarves for breakfast.

Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
So what do you choose as a first skill for a Khorne Herald? Should I go for Mighty Blow first? With Block he can beat the shit out of wrestlers though when blitzing. With the Pit Fighter I'm thinking block first as I have no one with it yet and rerolls are rare and at some point get someone with sure hands. Maybe a few wrestlers for the line. For Bloodletters Dodge seems like a good first choice to get them around for assists more safely. Therefore Guard would seem like a good idea for them next since with Dodge they are the easiest to get where I want them, but then again they have the worst AV.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Blockblockblockblockblockblockblockblockblock

Bascially I don't think I would skill any Khorne guy with anything else than Block first (unless doubles or other unique roll), except a ball-sacker or two with wrestle. Maybe a few of the Pit Fighters with wrestle or something.

hoverdog

Developer
Once the POMBers get going they eat dwarves for breakfast.

How?

Explain to me this mystery!
Dwarves are better at first, because they have useful skills from the get-go, like block and tackle, but they lack in strenght. Every other bashing team has at least a few guys with S4 or more, dwarves don't. D0rfs can get guard as their first skill (thus countering their weakness), which most other teams can't. However, after a few levels, chaos warriors or sauruses also get Guard - and then stunties are at a disadvantage. Better strenght and a couple piling ons make short work of them.

tl;dr: At low TVs, teams with lots of starting skills > teams with high starting stats; at high TVs, teams with high stats > teams with skills.

Captain Shrek

Once the POMBers get going they eat dwarves for breakfast.

How?

Explain to me this mystery!
Dwarves are better at first, because they have useful skills from the get-go, like block and tackle, but they lack in strenght. Every other bashing team has at least a few guys with S4 or more, dwarves don't. D0rfs can get guard as their first skill (thus countering their weakness), which most other teams can't. However, after a few levels, chaos warriors or sauruses also get Guard - and then stunties are at a disadvantage. Better strenght and a couple piling ons make short work of them.

tl;dr: At low TVs, teams with lots of starting skills > teams with high starting stats; at high TVs, teams with high stats > teams with skills.

:bro:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom