Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Blood Bowl League

Captain Shrek

Khemri/Halflings played and uploaded to Dropbox!

The Halfling Master Chef really kicked in to bite CS - 2 re-rolls lost in the first half, 3 in the second. I managed to sneak a 'fling around the lumbering mummies in the first half to run in a touchdown; in the second half, two of my treemen were taken out by rioting fans, but the third break-tackled his way onto the ball-carrier; CS tried to get free but the ball ended up with one of my halflings, who scurried madly forwards into the opposition half, only to be knocked down. CS had the men and the access to score but his inagile players and lack of rerolls meant he spent those vital last few turns chasing the ball around on the ground. Final score 1-0, only one injury (and even that was Badly Hurt, boo).

Barring a miscarriage of justice miracle, it doesn't look like the Team of Ultimate Evil will be making it to the play-offs, so thanks to everyone for a great league, and especially thanks to Mico for doing such an absolutely stand-up job running it. Good show, old boy. :salute:

:bro:

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Actually the last match is also the most important in this matchday: if Jaedar can beat deso, he takes toastboy's fourth place in the table and reaches the semifinals. Any other result prefers ogres.

desocupado

Magister
Just letting you guys know, the filthy swede has an important test tomorrow and he's studying, we're playing the match after we both get home tomorrow, around 20 GMT.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Actually the last match is also the most important in this matchday: if Jaedar can beat deso, he takes toastboy's fourth place in the table and reaches the semifinals. Any other result prefers ogres.

Yeah, it's a damned shame there is no spectating feature in BB. I would have liked to spec that match.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
grotsnik
desocupado
Country_Gravy
scratchmonkey

How about some friendly matches with fresh teams?

I'm down for that. Gravy's Guerrillas are going to be permanently retired. I don't think I will be playing Skaven any more. I want to try more of a power game. Anyone know if Chaos Dwarf is any good for that? I have a Khemeri team that I kind of like with a bunch of ST 5 Tomb Guardians.

Captain Shrek

grotsnik
desocupado
Country_Gravy
scratchmonkey

I'm down for that. Gravy's Guerrillas are going to be permanently retired. I don't think I will be playing Skaven any more. I want to try more of a power game. Anyone know if Chaos Dwarf is any good for that? I have a Khemeri team that I kind of like with a bunch of ST 5 Tomb Guardians.

Well I played Khemri and their weakness is low Agi. Str game is okay if you can play some Agi game. I would go with Orks or Lizzies. Chaos is an excellent power game team. Don't know about chaos dwarves; didn't buy the chaos edition yet.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
grotsnik
desocupado
Country_Gravy
scratchmonkey

Hatters are a less durable (hobgoblin linemen), but more mobile (bull centaurs) version of normal dwarves. Stunties have useful skills (block, tackle, sure hands) all over the table from the beginning and are very reliable - but are boring and suffer from lack of any more specialized guys (S3 A3 on everything). Chaos kin has only six dwarves with block, but can field cheap fodder, speedy centaurs with S4 and even minotaurs (without normal access to mutations, alas). I like them much more.

scratchmonkey

Educated
Will the compatibility between Legendary Edition and Chaos Edition allow for the use of the Chaos teams in upcoming leagues? Last I checked, Chaos Edition doesn't play nice with BB Manager, which may preclude using it for Codex leagues until that's fixed.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I very much hope that we can use Chaos Ed. in the next league. Team diversity is grand, though I'll probably be playing Skaven. Mico?

Garm

Learned
Will the compatibility between Legendary Edition and Chaos Edition allow for the use of the Chaos teams in upcoming leagues? Last I checked, Chaos Edition doesn't play nice with BB Manager, which may preclude using it for Codex leagues until that's fixed.

What? I've used CE for the past two games for the league, and everything went fine.

I very much hope that we can use Chaos Ed. in the next league. Team diversity is grand, though I'll probably be playing Skaven. Mico?

Nice, it'd be cool if the next league was a bit more finesse-oriented rather than total bash. I'll probably end up using Underworld myself...although Wood Elves are also a possibility.

That would be great. I'd like to try out Underworld or some ridiculous chain pushing with Khorne.

If you haven't played with Khorne yet, just an FYI: they have a hell of a hard time at TV1000...you can't even buy all your positionals. Still, the Bloodthirster is the best big buy in the game--ST6 when blitzing and he has Juggernaut, Frenzy, and Claw.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd need a sample replay (preferably with one or two of the new teams) to check if I can watch them (and upload the replay to BBM) in my Legendary Edition. If yes, no objections from me, but if that is not possible, someone else would have to admin the league.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
they have a hell of a hard time at TV1000

I suggest we use the same rules as in the last league, which means he can just level a new team :)

someone else would have to admin the league.

The loss of you as an admin would not be made up for by the CE, methinks :P

But let's see if CE will work first. If Garm has already sent you such a replay, it should be no trouble?

Garm

Learned
they have a hell of a hard time at TV1000

I suggest we use the same rules as in the last league, which means he can just level a new team :)

someone else would have to admin the league.

The loss of you as an admin would not be made up for by the CE, methinks :P

But let's see if CE will work first. If Garm has already sent you such a replay, it should be no trouble?

He'd have to do a lot of leveling...the team is like ~1200 TV just with a full positional roster and 1 reroll. No ball handling skills, AG, or block (except on a blitz with Jugg) means they're going to be hurting well into the 1500 range.

I haven't sent him a replay using a new team from the CE...but my last two league matches with my Lizardmen were running the CE version. I believe it should work for Mico assuming he's downloaded the latest BB patch for the LE...which was like almost 1gb.

Garm

Learned
But yeah, I could probably send Mico a random replay featuring some new teams tomorrow.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
SHAMEFUL PERFORMANCE :rage:

I dominated the first half as Deso kept getting shitty rolls. I even got to hand the ball to my 5S saurus because of ball scatter. However, I drag it out, thinking I can force a 1-0. This was not the best move. Then on the second half, that fucker breaks my armor every single fucking time he has a successful block. And makes a bunch of dodges and scoring for the draw. Thus I am not going to the playoffs :(

Geegee. I suppose 50% lizardmen in the playoffs would have been a bit much anyway.
Nice league, was a lot of fun. :love:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Match is uploaded and validated.
Here's the playoffs pairings, btw. Good luck!

po_1.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I can play if we start like right now :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom