Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Blood Bowl League

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
THE SEASON HAS STARTED.

Current Matchdays:

md_1_4.jpg

md_2_5.jpg

po_1.jpg

Standings:

ImageClassement.aspx

Stats:

ImageHallOfFameTeamsCompact.aspx

ImageHallOfFamePlayersCompact.aspx

ImageGraveyard.aspx

Results:

ImageDay.aspx

ImageDay.aspx

ImageDay.aspx

ImageDay.aspx

ImageDay.aspx

ImageDay.aspx

ImageDay.aspx

ImageDay.aspx
ImageDay.aspx

ImageDay.aspx

Coaches: (in order of correct applications)

• Codex Name - steam name - BBLE name - timezone - race - TV
  • Jaedar - Jaedar - Jaedar - GMT+1 - Lizardmen - 960
  • desocupado - deso - desocupado - GMT-3 - ? - ?
  • Country_Gravy - Country_Gravy - Country_Gravy - GMT-7 - Skaven - NEW
  • good little toastboy - toastboy - toastboy - GMT+1 - Ogres - ~1800
  • hoverdog - nehanowicz - howerujoncypjes - GMT+2 - ? - ?
  • Captain Shrek - Captain Shrek - Captain_dash - GMT+1 - Khemri - 1400
  • Grunker - Grunker - Grunker - GMT+1 - Necromantic - GMT+1
  • Garm - Garm - The Metal Bard - GMT-5 - ? - ?
  • scratchmonkey - Scratchmonkey - Scratchmonkey - GMT-7 - Norse - 1110
  • grotsnik - grotty - doctrogrotsnik - GMT - ? - ?
Reserve List:

• Undead Phoenix - UD0Phoeni - Undead0Phoenix - GMT+1 - Chaos - 1700
-------------------------

Other Stuff:

Gather round, Blood Bowl fans and take heed.

It is time for a new Codex Blood Bowl league. This the thread where we make applications and then organize matches.

Applications first.

If You want to take part in the league, consider following rules.

#1. Blood Bowl can be a serious time commitment - take this into account - You must be able to play at least one match per week. If You are not sure if You can do that, You probably should not apply.
#2. Look at #1 again and make sure You can play one match per week before applying. All coaches that do not play their matches within the week-long timeframe of the matchday will have their results admined. They will also be scorned.
#3. We are going to play Cyanide's Blood Bowl Legendary Edition (regular and Dark Elf versions won't do, sorry). You must have a legit (as in with a working multiplayer key) copy of this to participate.
#4. We are using Steam's instant messenger to organize matches. If You hate Steam with all the passion of Your heart and won't install it, tough luck.
#5. We will be playing with a mix of new teams and experienced ones carried over from previous Codex Leagues. Final decision if a team is eligible for play in the league will be made by Grunker and me. Maximum TV (team value) allowed is 1800*.
#6. Your team must have at least 11 players to play in the league*. Other than that, there are no restrictions on TV. You can play with 11 Snotlings and a TV of 220 if You really want, although I wouldn't recommend it.
#7. Provided we have enough players (8 or more), the league will be composed of two groups, with teams divided between them based on time zones of the players. Top two (or four, depending on the size of the leagues) team will go into playoffs, which will determine the winner.
#8. As groups in Cyanide's BBLE must consist of an even number of teams, this means I will be admitting teams in fours. For example, if there are thirteen teams applied, number 13 will not be admitted. With fourteen, numbers 13 and 14 won't be admitted. With fifteen, three last teams are out of luck, unless I join the league too, to even the number to sixteen (I probably won't).
#9. All Blood Bowl rules implemented into LE as Classic Mode apply, including fouling (we actually encourage fouling, as it is very fun).
#10. After a match is played, one of the participants will have to send me the replay file. The file will be used to verify if the game was played fairly (as in no farming) and for statistics with Blood Bowl Manager. The game will not be validated if the replay is not provided.
#11. Alternatively, You can upload the replay to BBManager Yourself, if Youre' savvy enough. I can then download it from BBM to watch it.
#12. Situations not covered by the rules, will be dealt with using common sense.
#13. To apply, provide following information:
Steam name - Cyanide name - timezone (in GMT/UST format) - team race (can be changed later) - team TV (for carry-over teams; otherwise just type in NEW)

EXAMPLES:
[1]
Mico Selva - Mico Selva - UST+1 - Khemri - 1750

[2]
dumbfuck
fuckdumb
GMT-3
Goblins
NEW

* exceptions are possible and will be dealt with individually

Here's the link to thread from the previous season, if someone wants to see how it went then.

In-game league data:

League name: RPG Codex Cup
password: decline

Pinging: Garm, desocupado, hoverdog, TripJack, Captain Shrek, Erzherzog, scratchmonkey, Jaedar, Damned Registrations, Pussycat669,

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Jaedar - Jaedar - Lizardmen - 960

Edit: Also, GMT +1

desocupado

Magister
Steam: deso
BB: desocupado
Team: Dunno yet
TV: As above.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot GMT -3

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I am in.

Steam: Country_Gravy
BB: Country_Gravy
Pacific Time

I will need to make a new team. I guess I will wait to see what races are being used by everyone that has a team and then choose. Is everyone supposed to have a different race?

Captain Shrek

steam : Captain Shrek
ingame: Captain_dash
GMT + 1
Khemri
~1400 (I think) will check and upload

Garm

Learned
Garm
The Metal Bard
GMT -5
Lizardmen/Norse/I don't kinow
1280/~1700/Probably would be new
Someone decide for me if I should bring and old one or start a new one.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
If that's an entry you're missing some info, bro.

Also, you are so going to take this shit home. Probably gonna kill my wolves in the first round too :rpgcodex:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ok, first of all, sorry for calling the thread Blod Bowl League. Haven't noticed the typo until now. Can't correct it.

Second, I've added all correct applications to the first post. Right now we have 9 people, so we can make 2x 4-player groups, with teams playing each other twice and Scratchmonkey being a reserve player (replacing someone who does not show up for their match twice). If Undead Phoenix manages to provide the required information, we can instead make one 10-player group, with everyone playing each other once. I will wait until today 6 pm before creating the league, so as to give UP time to make corrections.

grotsnik

Arcane
Unless no twelfth man heroically steps forward, in which case I'll slither back into the shadows from whence I came;

Steam: grotty
BB: doctorgrotsnik
GMT
Team: My beloved Reptilian New World Order are at 1700, but since Jaedar's already claimed Lizards I'm considering going with something else and building them quickly up with a few games. The league already looks weighted towards the bashy, but I'm damned if I'm going to be the one to pick Elves...

ironyuri

Ok, first of all, sorry for calling the thread Blod Bowl League. Haven't noticed the typo until now. Can't correct it.

Second, I've added all correct applications to the first post. Right now we have 9 people, so we can make 2x 4-player groups, with teams playing each other twice and Scratchmonkey being a reserve player (replacing someone who does not show up for their match twice). If Undead Phoenix manages to provide the required information, we can instead make one 10-player group, with everyone playing each other once. I will wait until today 6 pm before creating the league, so as to give UP time to make corrections.

Still haven't finished that Baldur's Gate 2 Codex LP, I see.

Also, I haz blood bowl, haz never played. Will codex play wif me? :oops:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
If You want to join, ironyuri, please make an application before 7 pm today.

Right now we are looking at a 10-team single-group league. If Undead Phoenix and ironyuri join, we will make 2 groups of 6 teams.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
2 groups of 6 teams.

Which really would be optimal, both because of play-by-timezone and glorious EU vs. Kwa finals or similar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom