Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Blood Bowl League Season #2. Finale is upcoming

Allow custom teams and/or developed teams?

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
Yeah i just actually played (and tied) my first match. I may have to dick around with teams before I settle on one, but i *think* i should still have enough time to decide on a team, and get it to 1300. If not ill just enter a noob team.

edit: so really my entered team is TBD

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Try playing easier teams first, like Humans. Get a hang of it.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
HNL_01.jpg

In one of these apartments dakasha V gets rekt in Blood Bowl 2 instead of banging hot bitches on a beach.

:M:M:M

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
HNL_01.jpg

In one of these apartments dakasha V gets rekt in Blood Bowl 2 instead of banging hot bitches on a beach.

:M:M:M

Those are hotels, full of tourists.
Hawaii (-10 GMT, I think at this time of year)

dis will work well given last season's megrims :avatard:
It most likely wouldnt be an issue. I'm available really often.

Having said that, I'm starting to think about backing out simply because this isn't a lot of time to get back into the game. I may just wait until next season. I'll let op know before the league starts though.

And ffs leave out the V

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Having said that, I'm starting to think about backing out simply because this isn't a lot of time to get back into the game. I may just wait until next season. I'll let op know before the league starts though.

And ffs leave out the V
No takesies backsies :M. Blood bowl is like riding a bike.

Also V is there because it is your actual codex name...

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected

And ffs leave out the V
No takesies backsies :M. Blood bowl is like riding a bike.

Also V is there because it is your actual codex name...

Yeah and you learn to ride a bike with training wheels, not on a Harley. I don't care about winning but I'm not going to play unless im at least competent on some level. Besides it being no fun to me if im still utter garbage, it's also going to lead to some imbalance if somebody gets matched with me and gets to load up on SPP

And V is there because its my fourth profile (somebody else made 3 or 4). Christ, I replied to an old 2011 fumbbl thread, and ive talked shit to you on multiple occasions.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
it's also going to lead to some imbalance if somebody gets matched with me and gets to load up on SPP
Most likely we'll play round robin though, so everyone will face everyone. I can understand point about being no fun for you if you are utter garbage though.

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
it's also going to lead to some imbalance if somebody gets matched with me and gets to load up on SPP
Most likely we'll play round robin though, so everyone will face everyone. I can understand point about being no fun for you if you are utter garbage though.

I'll see how it goes, and def let you know before it starts (ill play through if i do sign up, barring some crisis)

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
03CB2624B23598428D206C486B87FDE386EF4275

1110+3*60 = 1290. Yup, this seems like a good team to submit.

Fucking linos keep rolling old yeller injuries.

sser

Arcane
Developer

I'll see how it goes, and def let you know before it starts (ill play through if i do sign up, barring some crisis)

I joined OCC as a newb and that league is full of 10-20+ year vets. The best way to learn is a league just like this. You won't learn much playing pub games.

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
OCC really is destroying my ass.

Again, I'm not super new, I'm just super rusty. I don't deny that the people I'm playing against are much better than me, but a really big issue for me is the fucking cyanide interface. Its much harder to tell whats going on and the incredibly slow pace (compared to FUMBBL) makes getting back in the groove a pain in the fucking dick.

But i do love the damn board game, so ill get back in over time.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
OCC is not comparable to the Codex league - most players here would get their ass handed to them there (and indeed a few of us have). It's full of people who have taken down Championships in NAF and such.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I played against a halfling team in open ladder yesterday. A developed 1500+ halfling team with two ST+ players and 400k stadium. How the fuck did he make it so far... why would you even buy 400k stadium? Why?
I felt like I was shattering a work of art. Worst victory ever.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Hey Jaedar ,

How does the league handle surplus gold?
Assuming I finish my pre-league games at 1300 TV and have 100k gold, does that mean I gotta dump 100k before joining?

RK47

Patron
If that is the case then my Fast Food Delivery team is complete
RK47 | RK47 | r3dknight | GMT+8 | Pro Elf
order-up.png

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
This brings us to 10 players!

This creates a question: We can play round robin like last time (so 9 games with current players), or Wissen (swiss) where we can choose 2-8 rounds, and teams are matched based on how successful(so successful teams will mostly face other successful teams) they are.

Either way, I would suggest that there is no true victor until a final has been held between the top two teams.

My Chaos Dwarf team has played 6 games of Open League.

4 of my opponents have ragequit.

Do I unleash it upon the Codex or stick to my Lizards? :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom