Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Blood Bowl League Season #2. Finale is upcoming

Allow custom teams and/or developed teams?

• Total voters

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Should be able to grind a 1300 team before mid Jan. Which leagues are allowed Jaedar? Like I said, I suggest only Champion Ladder and OCC Brawl. Or any other leagues that enforce strict BB rules. Well and friendlies against other Codexers of course.
I'm fine with any legit leagues, those you suggested are a good place to start.

Friendlies don't actually count though, afaik, your team is reset to prematch state afterwards. I'm sure there are ways around that though.

There might be leagues where we can challenge each other

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Should be able to grind a 1300 team before mid Jan. Which leagues are allowed Jaedar? Like I said, I suggest only Champion Ladder and OCC Brawl. Or any other leagues that enforce strict BB rules. Well and friendlies against other Codexers of course.
I'm fine with any legit leagues, those you suggested are a good place to start.

Friendlies don't actually count though, afaik, your team is reset to prematch state afterwards. I'm sure there are ways around that though.

There might be leagues where we can challenge each other
Created a league and fiddled a bit, I can't seem to find any option for it, there's just ladder and various restricted formats.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Time to start grinding... if you know what I mean

pnnC7LU.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
started grinding brets

4 games, 4 mvp churls

i am considering suicide
Meanwhile, in the spaceship circus, I can't decide if I should fire half my team, or just round up and play a different team altogether.(Not pictured: the catcher with doubles who died last game)
99AF5173BC7557C0C0EADA462076920DAC1619B0

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Just keep buying more catcher instead of Blitzers.
I'm sure the situation will improve.

:troll:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Just keep buying more catcher instead of Blitzers.
I'm sure the situation will improve.

Kislev blitzers are TV bloat incarnate though: 110k (that's only 10k less than a wardancer, and a blitzer with a skill costs as much or more than most big guys!). And for that you get a 7338 with a random grab bag of skills.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
bret grinding done

end effect: one blitzer with doubles, another with ag4

one niggled lvl 2 blocker tho

big dilemma whether to ditch him or not

RK47

Patron
Keep lah. It's very hard to skill up those blockers.

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
I loved (and was pretty good at) this on FUMBBL, but im too scared to play vs codex vets :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I loved (and was pretty good at) this on FUMBBL, but im too scared to play vs codex vets :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Getting stomped on is half the "fun" of blood bowl.

The skill level varies quite a bit anyway, you will not be alone in your badness(assuming you are even bad).

Joiiiin uuuuuuuus

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
need to decide on whether worth buying or not on sale. if i get it ill join you and get ruined (for awhile)

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
got it. still need to get used to it tho

Turn off all the cutscene and set the skill options before playing to save yourself some frustration.

you mean turn off auto skill usage?

Sadly the thing i most feared is true. the game is just much less clear than fumbll and making out whats going on is a bitch. too bad there isnt a 2d mode. Oh well

RK47

Patron
Yes, auto-skill is a big issue.
You definitely want almost all of them off.

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
aight gonna play some matches vs shit ai just to learnt he rules again

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
Ok I'm joining, and i will be shit, but I need to know how the whole team thing works. Can I build up a team vs AI (or other players) and enter them, or would (should) I just enter with a fresh 1000tv team? If yes then I'm definitely playing chaos, so I can at least have some fun :smug:

Qumstaynze - DakaSha - Hawaii (-10 GMT, I think at this time of year) - Chaos

edit: Ok i read through the thread. So I guess I can grind up a team on specific leagues. This may be hard, seeing that I dont even know how the whole league system works

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Currently 8 players signed up, assuming I didn't miss anyone (please say if I did and you have applied but are not in the op).

edit: Ok i read through the thread. So I guess I can grind up a team on specific leagues. This may be hard, seeing that I dont even know how the whole league system works
Join The official cabalvision league, champion league then "find match". It will pair you up against someone of similar tv. Then you just leave the league. Not much to know, except for the fact that the matchmaking "triggers" every 5 minutes, so you often have to wait a while before you get a game.

Teams are at most tv1300, minimum 11 players (if you have too few players, journeymen are fine, but they will count towards your tv total).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom