Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Blood Bowl League Season #2. Finale is upcoming

Allow custom teams and/or developed teams?

• Total voters

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I think 1300 sounds about fair. Jaedar what's your own feeling?
1300 does seem fair, if such a team is to stand a chance at defeating the foul undead.

The disadvantage of custom teams only grows with TV too.

Andnjord

Arcane
1300TV new teams seems healthy and varied.

Andnjord would have to accept that, his TV is exactly 1300. It might be somewhat unfair to him. Some races benefit a lot from custom creation and FF is just a bloat.

My current TV is 1430. It will be 1400 after I buy a stadium upgrade. I might also consider firing a 40k zombie.
Meh, I've been playing at a TV disadvantage since game 03, ever since Jaedar wrecked my team.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Full Blodged Amazon with singles 3 RR and Apo seems fine.

Not sure if I agree on custom teams.

2AB1F22022CC27F505EEC485694BB8C97D4E87D3

Megrim

Educated
Yeeea, it might be better to give people who want a rolling start the ability to play six or so friendlies, and then have them cut down to ~1300 tv to minimise the risk of stacked teams. Generally the the dickhead rule should apply, so anyone who has obviously rerolled team after team until they get perfect skillup rolls, ought to be looked at with suspicion.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Looked it over a bit, and I am starting to feel doubtful on custom teams, and counting Lagoles real TV and subtracting 100 makes me think custom team tv cap should be 1150 if we run with it.

Maybe 1200 if we don't allow customing without apo, or enforcing some wonky rules on how much FF you must have, but this is starting to become a very wobbly tower.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm against custom teams. Well, of course I am. But it's also a matter of principle. :M

We can all start from TV1000 again, I'm fine with that. Or I can reduce my TV to 1360 - 80 FF = 1280. I'ts not *that* bad.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Low TV Blood Bowl means higher variance and less interesting matches IMO. The fact that CPOMB is broken at higher TVs is hardly a revelation, and it's not much more so than Undead or 'zons at low TV.

Not against some layers of padding like reducing the TV to 1150/1200 to account for FF in the existing teams and such tho, but an infinite loop of TV1000-leagues sounds like cancer

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
imo:

- season 1 teams carry over no strings attached
- new teams 1300-ish tv limit
- no customs

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
That could work too I suppose, though I suggest any new teams with TV must be farmed in the CabalVision Champion Ladder or OCC Brawl (most BB-core matchmaking leagues)

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
It seems the people have spoken, so custom teams are bannu.

We're also doing developed teams. I would guess at 1300 TV for new teams, legacy teams get to play with what they have.

If anyone feels they need more time before league start to grind teams to reasonable tv, now is a good time to speak :M

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Should be able to grind a 1300 team before mid Jan. Which leagues are allowed Jaedar? Like I said, I suggest only Champion Ladder and OCC Brawl. Or any other leagues that enforce strict BB rules. Well and friendlies against other Codexers of course.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Should be able to grind a 1300 team before mid Jan. Which leagues are allowed Jaedar? Like I said, I suggest only Champion Ladder and OCC Brawl. Or any other leagues that enforce strict BB rules. Well and friendlies against other Codexers of course.
I'm fine with any legit leagues, those you suggested are a good place to start.

Friendlies don't actually count though, afaik, your team is reset to prematch state afterwards. I'm sure there are ways around that though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom