Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Adventure game

Murk

Arcane
+1 <3

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Why did you have to go and bump this.

VentilatorOfDoom said:
Liked it.

edit: your coder sucks though, ever heard of that the action-icon bar has to be INSIDE of the visible area when near the border? Inside, not outside.

Dungeon Tranny - your weapon is choice
Yeah I know I'll rework the entire game interface/lots of shit.

When I got time.

I got time tomorrow.

Maybe I'll start then. :M

Cassidy

Arcane
How did I miss this? Although an actual CRPG about RPG Codex could really deliver, even more.

Something like The Nameless Mod, only with Codexian memes and over FIFE.

PS: If you manage to finish this, it should get stickied.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Dire Roach said:
It IS good for what it is. What tools did you use to make it?
Multimedia Fusion 2.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
by the way chapter 1 and onwards will be done in an entirely new way. they'll still be click adventures but the way you interact with shit, dialog and stuff, will be different.

Black_Willow

Arcane
Zed said:
by the way chapter 1 and onwards will be done in an entirely new way. they'll still be click adventures but the way you interact with shit, dialog and stuff, will be different.
Oh joy, minigames!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Black_Willow said:
Zed said:
Oh joy, minigames!
streamlined

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
yeah I put a keylogger in it for good measure.

go ahead and do your internet bank errands right after playing the demo.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Good luck trying to get money out of my account, after you check the numbers you will feel sorry and give me money instead!
:troll:

MCA
It was completed and released a while ago but then Zed received a legal note from ClickTeam (developers of Multimedia Fusion that Zed used to make the game) to pull it back or pay for a license + damages ($5000). Yeah, it turns out Zed was using the TPB version and ClickTeam was able to tell by analysing the files. And he complied. The early incomplete version is still available because it was made using the demo version of MF2. So don't ask Zed or anybody else around for the full version because that is wrong ! And it doesn't matter if you really aren't someone from ClickTeam because we don't deal with illegal stuff here. Understand?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
villain of the story
I have a MF2Dev license, dunno what you're talking about. Cost me 300 euros (and that's not including SWF exporters and shit).

Alex
I stopped developing after I started changing how shit worked (interaction, UI) - shit was just fucking with me too much. I'm much better at the program now though so I could probably throw something together relatively fast. But Darth Roxor was the guy who made it funny, well most of it anyway. He wrote stuff for a chapter 1 (this being chapter 0) of the game, but I'm not sure how relevant that stuff is to the codex anymore. Memes come, memes go.

But I wouldn't mind playing around with this stuff again.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
You might try the Wintermute engine if you haven't Zed. It is pretty damn awesome for adventure games (and is opensouce and free).

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Jaesun
Thanks for the tip. I think I'll stick to MMF2 though. I like it, for some reason. I don't really have any interest in learning new tools atm.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
He wrote stuff for a chapter 1 (this being chapter 0) of the game, but I'm not sure how relevant that stuff is to the codex anymore. Memes come, memes go.

Yeah, most of chapter 0 was Helton's, iirc? I only put Andhaira inside, I think :(

I still have the 'design doc' for chapters 1 and 2 on my hdd, including structure, all dialogues and the P. Cool & Sons store :(

But I wouldn't mind playing around with this stuff again.

:thumbsup:

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Quite a fun little thing. It will be much less amusing for people who haven't been hanging around these parts for a year or two.

Also, my Chrome complains that this exe might be malicious. NOD32 doesn't though.

:bro: for making it and keep going!

villain of the story
I have a MF2Dev license, dunno what you're talking about. Cost me 300 euros (and that's not including SWF exporters and shit).
cgzPW.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom