Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cloud is Dead (Final Fantasy VII CYOA)

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
C.

We're gonna die like an OG. Don't matter since we're likely to get sliced to pieces when Sephiroth arrives, anyways.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
E) "Wait! Don't drop me! I have the keys to the display vehicles in the lobby!"
If sh has the same intelligence as in the game it will work.

Admittedly, she's not the sharpest tool in the shed here either. If you are waiting to spring a surprise attack and a soldier take a shot at your ass, you do not waste time torturing said soldier, you either launch an attack immediately or get the fuck out of there right now. Because that soldier carries a comm (it's not working, but she doesn't know that), so by now everyone knows exactly where you are, the surprise is gone and there are probably a hundred more redshirts just like this one waiting for you.

Random

Arcane
Patron
Prologue Redux Part VII

"You have a nice, firm ass. Just wanted to say that before I died," you tell the woman. She scoffs.

"What good does pissing me off do you? My arm is getting tired. You have one last chance," she says threateningly.

You pause. Amazingly, provoking her somehow does not result in your immediate demise. You are not sure what is going on her head, especially considering you just shot at her and nearly killed her. Is she trying to take mercy on you? A terrorist who blew up one of the Mako reactors and casually slaughtered so many of your brothers-in-arms? Does she literally not consider you a threat? You feel insulted. You take your time, calm down, and consider your options. Survival may be possible here. You might have to suck up your pride, but it looks like she's looking for a reason to spare you, like some kind of moralistic hero. If you just act like a blubbering wreck, not too hard to do when dangling over an abyss, she will probably spare you. You might feel bad about taking advantage of her good will to stab her in the back later, but then again, she's the hypocrite here. Maybe engaging her in an argument that plays on her cognitive dissonance will distract her and leave her unable to kill you, a method that could save you without having to give up any pride. On the other hand, provoking her some more will almost certainly cause you to die. You have a fair few options here.

What do you do?

A) "Please don't kill me! etc. etc."
B) "Baby, if you're gonna kill me, at least let me squeeze your boobs before I go."
C) [Bluff] "I'm the only one who knows where the keys to the display vehicles are. Good luck escaping if you drop me."
D) "Drop me. I ain't gonna grovel at your feet for mercy."
E) "You're such a god@#%$ hypocrite! Offering me mercy when you killed all of my friends?! Where do you get off?!"
F) Other

Last edited:
Easy mode engaged, huh? :)

E - play on her morals - that was one of the goals of my choice the last time anyway. That and complimenting her ass of course, but we already did that now.

edit:
or F or any other words to that effect.

I fear that anyone would think of first searching our pockets for the keys, just in case we are dumb enough to keep them with us (which, unfortunately, we are). And after the defiant answer we have given the last time, begging now somehow strikes me as a complete turn around. E looks more natural after that.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
A > C

The key option this time at least doesn't directly state that we have the keys in our possession, though I'd still hate to have to give that information out if we can let go of our pride and beg.

Jester

Arbiter
F) Blowing up someone who is defending himself is one thing, throwing someone now defenseless 50 floors down to end up as Mr Splash is other thing. I expect that screams would be quite laud and memorable, still impact less so... to far down i guess. Most people wouldn't be ok after witnessing it, even less after doing it and you dont strike me as cold boobed killer. Mby because you bothered to hold me... shame that most my pals below us had no such chance.

Time for some brainwashing, mby she will hesitate when it will matter.

Kz3r0

Arcane
A) "Please don't kill me! etc. etc."

By the rules of the HERO Union she must spare your life as you promise to live a peaceful life afterwards.

Random

Arcane
Patron
Prologue Redux Part VIII

"You're such a god@#%$ hypocrite! Offering me mercy when you killed all of my friends?! Where do you get off?!" you yell, your anger about the entire situation boiling to the surface. The woman doesn't seem to have an answer. She sighs.

"Look, I was fighting for my life and the lives of my friends. Now, I'm not. If I really wanted to kill people, I wouldn't be using my hands and feet as weapons," she says.

"What, so you're a member of a terrorist group that murders countless civilians and Shinra troops on a regular basis, and you don't want to kill people?" you ask, pointing out the inconsistencies in her logic.

"I'm just doing what needs to be done!" she snaps. That kind of attitude pisses you off.

"Surely there was some other way you could have done things than bombing places and dropping plates on entire cities!" you shout, angrier.

"We never dropped the Sector 7 Plate! That was Shinra's doing, they wanted to wipe us out and frame us for it!" the woman protests.

"Oh really? Even if I believed that, that wouldn't just magically make up for the reactor bombings. There were innocent civilians in those reactors too!" you say.

"I know that! I'm not stupid!" the woman shouts now, getting angry herself at your audacity. "God... do you really trust Shinra that much?" she asks.

"Look, Shinra isn't perfect, but I signed up with them and now I fight for them. I'm willing to put my life on the line to protect the people who put their faith in Shinra Electric Company for survival," you say.

"Shinra is killing the Planet!" the woman shouts.

"I don't know if that's even true, but what I do know is that the Planet is killing us too, last time I checked, with all the @$#%ing monsters," you reply. "At least this way we can be safe and happy."

The woman swings you up by your rifle and pulls you in, wrapping her arm around your throat and holding you by that, making it rather difficult to breathe, but in a different way from before. You are now surprisingly close to her, and you can feel her soft and hefty bust against your chest, through your dress shirt. She briefly lets go of the ladder to pull your helmet off, sending it tumbling down the shaft, then grabs onto it again before she even starts to lose her balance and glares into your eyes with her own. They sure are pretty. "What's more important: our safety and happiness, or the chance to survive for all the generations after us?" You can tell that she's now looking for a genuine answer from you. You honestly aren't sure which way you lean on the matter, but now's not the time to get philosophical about it. You'd better give her an answer, because now she can flatly choke you out with just her arm. However...

You also notice that your proximity and facing gives you the opportunity to affect her in some way. She has a small purse on her waist that you saw her pull that fire materia out of, and judging by its size, you bet there's even more of them in there. Getting caught when trying to pilfer one means death, though. You could also try to do something stupid with your nightstick, but that is more than likely a one-way trip to hell. Or you could get greedy and feel her up for your own pleasure, which is also a likely ticket to hell. Essentially, you are facing two decisions in one.

What do you do?

Say:
A) "...I guess the chance to survive for future generations is more important, now that I think about it. We do have the responsibility to our children to keep the world a place they would want to inherit. If we do not act responsibly, we are as bad as villains for the future, corrupted by our own greed and desire for comfort. They will hate us."
B) "Why is it our responsibility to worry about the future? Is it not our right to do what we wish with what we have? Future generations are not going to be weak or anything. They will have all of our science, all of our technology, and they will surely find a way to prevail even against a dead Planet."
C) "I think both are important, but I'm not sure which is more. It's not an easy question. Regardless, what you are doing is clearly wrong on many levels, and you are a hypocrite."
D) "Does it even matter? If I don't answer what you want to hear, you'll just kill me!"
E) "Excuse me, would you mind not holding me so close?"
F) Other

Do:
A) [Sleight of Hand] Try to pilfer a materia or two
B) [Pervert] Grab dem titties, honk honk!
C) [Pervert] Grab dat ass, ass is better dan titties, honk honk!
D) [Ladykiller] Steal a kiss after saying what you have to say
E) [Sleight of Hand][Tactical Genius] Steal a kiss to distract her and then try to pilfer the materia before she kills you
F) [Retard] Try to attack her with your nightstick
G) [Civil Human Being] Do Nothing
H) Other

Please note that you do not have the sleight of hand skill, so your odds of success are based entirely on your agility stat and whatever you can do to distract her for a bonus.

Character Sheet

Name: Marcus "Maverick" Westford
Class: Ranger
Profession: First Lieutenant of the Shinra Peacekeeping Corps
Inner Nature: X
Dominant Inner Nature: Coward

Characteristics:
Strength 4 Agility 7
Tenacity 4 Intelligence 7

Skills:
Marksmanship Lvl. 2
Hand-to-Hand Lvl. 1, Athletics Lvl. 1, Discipline Lvl. 1, Fieldcraft Lvl. 1, Bluff Lvl. 1, Stealth Lvl. 1, Academics Lvl. 1, Observation Lvl. 1, Electronics Lvl. 1, Computer Use Lvl. 1

Inventory: SM-20A3 Assault Rifle, three clips of 7.62mm ammunition, three clips of 9mm ammunition, Nightstick, civilian casual clothes, Shinra Employee ID Card, Jupiter Energy Bar, Pocket Knife, Spearmint Gum, Portable Handheld System, Wallet w/ 20,000 Gil, keys to display vehicles

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
C) [Pervert] Grab dat ass, ass is better dan titties, honk honk!

Random

Arcane
Patron
Random, could you please remove the censorship from cuss-words?

NO! THE CENSORSHIP IS A CLASSIC CALLBACK TO FFVII'S CENSORSHIP! HOW DARE YOU!?

I'm getting pretty tired of it too. Maybe I'll cut it out after the prologue is over.

If we survive here, first thing we need to do afterwards is hit up a brothel, massage parlor or sketchy street corner, whichever is nearest. 'Cause it seems like our horniness is liable to get us in (more) trouble.

AD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom